Football betting site Betway

Ignore Facility

edited September 2018 in The Lounge
Hello everyone, just to let you know that @DDWT has now implemented an 'Ignore' facility on the Forum on an initial trial basis.

This will allow forum users to ignore posts from other users. 

Users can be ignored in one of two different ways, either:

1.  Click on the username of the user you wish to ignore, and then click on the [ignore] link at the top of their profile;

OR

2. Click on your own profile name at the top of the screen, then click on [Edit Profile] and then click on the [Ignore List] menu item.  You can then manually entering their username to ignore.

Just a couple of points to note:

1. Currently you can only ignore a maximum of 5 people (which should be enough for most people).
2. If a user you choose to Ignore starts a new thread - you will see the initial thread post from them but not any follow up posts they do.
3. You can still read the posts of Ignored users (should you really want to) by simply clicking on their post - which will then expand it for you to read.

Let us know how you get on and whether you feel it works or not :)

Comments

• Will we get badges for being ignored?

Seriously - this is a very welcome development if it is going to help posters get less frustrated with each other. Thanks for listening.
  • Not entirely convinced this is the way to deal with the problem. I don't like interfering  with freedom of speech, much as some can be irritating at times, it's part of being able to discuss freely.

Ultimately it's there to be used or not.
  • Genius.

Can we also have a facility to see who's been ignored the most???  :D
  • We all know who that will be. 
    Sanity at last. I was wearing out my scroll down button. 
    JoH
  • Some folks do not want their views challenged. Rather than argue their point when challenged they can hide under a stone.  It's a wimps charter.   They cannot argue against this or that point.  It is definately irritating but then debate is irritating especially if the wrong end of an argument. 
  • Not entirely convinced this is the way to deal with the problem. I don't like interfering  with freedom of speech, much as some can be irritating at times, it's part of being able to discuss freely.

Ultimately it's there to be used or not.

Hi SpeakJack - it's more a case of giving people the option to ignore others, rather than providing a complete solution :)

Rightly or wrongly, some people get really irritated by others on here and are simply unable to ignore them without entering into a tit-for-tat argument.  Which ultimately winds (almost) everyone reading the thread up I'd imagine.

At least this 'tool' hopefully gives them an opportunity to ignore those people that irritate them and not impact on the enjoyment of the forum for themselves and others.
  • Try talking about sometime other than the shareholding position occasionally!

Personally I'd prefer a separate shareholding category, but it is what it is for people to use or not.
  • Personally I'd prefer a separate shareholding category, but it is what it is for people to use or not.
    That's next on the to-do list SpeakerJack  :+1:
    SpeakerJack
  • Some folks do not want their views challenged. Rather than argue their point when challenged they can hide under a stone.  It's a wimps charter.   They cannot argue against this or that point.  It is definately irritating but then debate is irritating especially if the wrong end of an argument. 
    Are you ok? 
  • Mmmmmmm bliss...... it works a treat!
    DDWT
  • Talk about going on the defensive Ponty. 
  •  :smirk:.....oO( that's no.1 on me list ) 
This discussion has been closed.