Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Denmark v Wales - Nations League 2018/19

edited September 2018 in Wales
This is the place to discuss all things related to the Denmark v Wales Nations League game on Sunday 9th September 2018 at the Aarhus Stadium.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, team selection and score prediction for the game.

Kick-off is at 5pm GMT and the game will be shown live on S4C, Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event.

Comments

• Gonna be a real test for the youngsters.

Can't see many changes. Everyone played so well. Perhaps opt for more experience and bring Gunter and Chester back.
  • Don't know what kind of preparation the danes have had but this will be much more of a test than Ireland, but if the team play with a similar tempo and confidence there's no reason we can't win this one. I'm going 2-1 Wales :smiley:
  • Not sure I'd change anything. Roberts didn't let the team down so negligible to bring Guntz back and Mepham looks assured so wouldn't bring back Chester

Wilson for Brooksy would potentially be my change. But Brooksy was very good v Ireland. 
  • I guess it just depends on recovery and any injury niggles.

Mepham looked great. If anyone was changed in the back 4 it would be Ash - though that wont happen.

Same again for me.
  • U21s struggled last night but understandable with so many in the senior squad.

They could have had an outfield of 

Lewis 20
    Rodon 20
    Mepham 20
    Harries 21

Woodburn 18
    Brooks 21
    Amadu 17
    Smith 18
    Wilson 21

T Roberts 19

That's better than some of the senior sides I've seen in the past !

• Ash not in the 23 apparently, so looks like Mepham and Chester at the back - unless he puts Gunter in there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45386476
  • Ash isn't injured so a degree of succession planning?
    • Hennessey
    • Gunter
    • Chester
    • Mepham
    • Davies
    • Allen
    • Ampadu
    • Lawrence
    • Ramsey
    • Roberts
    • Bale

5 at the back?
  • Malaga said:
    Not fit apparently.    
    not true. 

rested, due to the quick turnaround of games, according to Giggs, pre-match.

• Is the Aarhus Stadium in the middle of our street?
    deekayWebmasterPhillip
  • Sterner test in the end without a doubt. The learning curve was a steep one this game.
  • Don't meddle with a winning team. 
  • Didn't think we played that bad, Bale had a bit of an off day.
    Much sterner test than Ireland, lucky penalty, I thought our old boys son did well.
    We could have bought him for 1.3M 15months ago what a miss that was.
    Imagine him and Allen the 2 that got away.
    Never mind Jenkins got us Messa and Clucas did they play for England and Spain yesterday.
    Hope Roberts didn't hurt his foot too bad  and is OK for Saturday 
  • We could have had him for £100k when we signed Grimes
  • Colin.
    Yeh but I think he was only 14 then.
    But if we had good scouts we would have taken him then.
     Brian Flyns assistant I think it was Kevin would have snapped him up, he was possibly the best talent spotter we ever had.

I noticed the new owners are looking for scouts to find the next Ryan Giggs, interviews for a non paying job.
    Bet they can put them down as employees 
  • Don't think I've ever seen a ref be so consistent giving my team the free kick for a pullback or trip but so backward getting cards out for the frequency. He hardly missed a foul but would only book if you hurt someone.

then he books the goalie for time wasting at 90 minutes

Personally no argument with the pen but poor ref overall. Giggs clearly thought so too. I know the argument that it has to be intentional but all things considered, I'd have wanted a pen for that. Shame for the youngster after a very good first half in a poorly performing team.

• Phillip,
    Ethan was 14, on the verge of the Wales schoolboy squad and our academy chief scout recommended him, but our DoF wouldnt pay what Exeter wanted for him. £100k, and no doubt future add-ons.
  • Says it all Colin, what a complete dip stick he is.
    He is now worth over 20M with a handful of caps to boot.
    He broke in to the Chelsea side last year, he would have flown in to our side last year.
    For such a young lad, what a passer and tackler, everything Messa wasn't 
    That 100K now looks his biggest mistake then and even bigger 15 months ago when 1.3M was still a bargain.
    Is there any end to this **** ineptitude.
    His managerial appointments in the  premier league have been awful.
    Rogers got us up, he made money on him, Laudrop won us a trophy, he sacked him.
    It seems that whenever Jenkins is in charge of big money, he blows it, his own businesses as well.
    He was a very lucky small time player, he was useless in the big league.
    If he had only listened to the football men look what we could have been.
    Never mind lets keep paying him 17K a month including his pension 
  • Phillip said:
    Says it all Colin, what a complete dip stick he is.
    He is now worth over 20M with a handful of caps to boot.
    He broke in to the Chelsea side last year, he would have flown in to our side last year.
    For such a young lad, what a passer and tackler, everything Messa wasn't 
    That 100K now looks his biggest mistake then and even bigger 15 months ago when 1.3M was still a bargain.
    Is there any end to this **** ineptitude.
    His managerial appointments in the  premier league have been awful.
    Rogers got us up, he made money on him, Laudrop won us a trophy, he sacked him.
    It seems that whenever Jenkins is in charge of big money, he blows it, his own businesses as well.
    He was a very lucky small time player, he was useless in the big league.
    If he had only listened to the football men look what we could have been.
    Never mind lets keep paying him 17K a month including his pension 
    FFS don't accept as gospel what some idiot on the internet says. V much doubt it's true.
  • Barry it was well published in the media last year that he was available for 1.3M.
    He had already been approached by Coleman then later Giggs to play full Internationals for Wales.
    For that sort of money it was well worth a risk, a risk Chelsea jumped at.
    It wouldn't have been a bad idea to try and get him on loan last month, provided Chelsea was willing, they loaned Tammy to Aston Villa and we know what he can do at this level
  • Every club has a `we couid have signed him for 1mGBP`   section.   They could have but didnt.   Arsenal  and Mr Wenger loved that line.