Football betting site Betway

Lay offs in commercial dept

Spoke  to a person in the commercial dept, who said there was a meeting today, and most of them would be laid off. 
Any time you loose your job, is a worrying time. 
For Those not worried at all........step forward, Mr Jenkins, Mr Dineen, Mr Pearlman on combined yearly wages of £1,650,000 million. 
And they say we’re skint, and we’ve got to make savings!!!!
Message to our shyster owners.....
WE AREN'T BLIND, AND WE AREN'T STUPID !!!
( Not that they will give a toss, untill they’ve emptied the tills )

devonshireswanMark_Jack_LondonPanda31DubDragongarythenotrashcougarSteveNatterjack

Comments

• As I have said on here before, the 47M a year non playing wages would hit the honest low paid workers first.
    All this shit about tightening belts etc is all to safeguard their salaries and fees.
    No wonder they don't want to show the books.
    Half the 15K/20K a year people will go first, they will get rid of all zero contract people, they will half the part timers.
    They will pinch of all of them to pay themselves.
    They have been doing it for 2 years but there was more money, now the revenue is dropping they will ensure they don't lose until its all gone.
    Not sure where the commercial department sits in the 5 companies but Jenkins sits on all of them.
    If these unfortunate people lose their jobs its down to him then the Yanks.
    Ponty don't place any defence against this FFS 
  • and Pearlman, with his international marketing contacts, can only bring in local companies to sponsor the club...or is that Dineen (as he has claimed to be the man doing the deals)?
  • Not really sure why this is news, I posted it 12 months ago, it is a natural progression. After a few rounds of jobs cuts, it will be on to the academy, the money pit. They will start on the younger age groups, by cutting the staff, then work their way up, less staff and players,it will then be a skeleton staff for one under 23 squad (depleted).

It will close within about 18 months.

• Andrew2 said:
    Not really sure why this is news, I posted it 12 months ago, it is a natural progression. After a few rounds of jobs cuts, it will be on to the academy, the money pit. They will start on the younger age groups, by cutting the staff, then work their way up, less staff and players,it will then be a skeleton staff for one under 23 squad (depleted).

It will close within about 18 months.

Problem is Andrew it is news to those that couldn't see it and may strike a cord with those borderline cases.
    Huge cash flow problems started in 2014 when Jenkins took control, he is a natural at breaking companies, he believed these Yanks would pull the club out of the shit and in doing so make himself a packet, he got half of it right.
    Non Football people so called investing in football clubs have been the downfall of many, Yanks have been the biggest ones, contrary to Ponty it was US that got AV in trouble first.
    Steady increases in staff since 2014 and massive since 2016, these are not the everyday staff but it will be the regular staff hit first as was obvious to some of us.
    Protection of their profit is the motive, if it means others lose their jobs, it doesn't matter to them.
    To maintain even a small profit they will cut elsewhere until its not worth it.
    As my conspiracy theory stated before, these staff increases were ways of making money to pay back whatever they paid to the shit bag sellers.
    Make no mistake they haven't lost one penny and have made after buying, this is just a way of maintaining some revenue before they sell out or put us in Administration.
    AV were saved by an Egyptian, I cant see anyone saving us, apart from the fans at a later date.
    My prediction of them being gone by Jan 2020 looks spot on now, that's when all the real money runs out.
    If this is libellous, great, take me to court, in doing so they will have to disclose  what I have written is false.
    Jenkins has sold out to the worst of the worst, there will be no comeback from this mess.
    It was obvious from 2014 that Jenkins was making disastrous, decisions, in 2016 it was plainly obvious that those decisions were getting even worse and continuing 
    Jenkins salary alone from the 2002Ltd company could save 33 Admin or commercial staff jobs alone per year.
    Dinien another 20. out of these other 340 employee wages 95% are on less than 40K a year. 90% less than 20K.
    Ponty, next time you are around the ground or training facilities ask the people what they earn, I haven't found anyone yet on over 37K.
    Big numbers of employees hides the focus on where the money actually goes, failing to provide any breakdowns since 2016 or possibly 2014 proves it.
    Cutting footballers out does not affect them, if any good they will get another job playing, these people who work hard for a very modest salary will not.
    Thank you Jenkins for delivering another failed company to your portfolio 
    Panda31NatterjackPaulT
  • The bottom line of his statement sums it up.

He reports to the great one HJ, no wonder it F...up.

Another fantastic employee for 600K a years that's another 30 who's jobs could be saved.

Oh but he has negotiated some sponsorship with Trade Centre Wales WOW 

Premier League side Swansea City have appointed American Chris Pearlman as the club's chief operating officer.

He will oversee the club's commercial operations and report to chairman Huw Jenkins.

Pearlman joins the club having worked for Van Wagner Sports and Entertainment as executive vice president.

"The club has a rich history and a fantastic story to tell. It will be my job to help tap into that from a commercial perspective," he said.

"Additionally, I recognise the important role the Supporters Trust has to play and I believe being here on a daily basis will allow for more frequent and improved communications with them."

PaulT
  • I am attempting to profile all the high earners, what their backgrounds are and what successes and failures.
    Nearly all so far have been involved in failed companies in the last 20 years
    Here is another from our board.

Leigh Dineen.

Looks like he spent an awful lot of time in school from his Linkedin profile (He wrote it)

But got him into vending machines and football.

What’s his annual salary from SCFC?

Clifton College

Dates attended or expected graduation 1973 – 1983 (10Years)

Kano, Nigeria

Dates attended or expected graduation 1983 – 1989 (6 Years)

Sanaa, North Yemen

Dates attended or expected graduation 1982 – 1983 (1 Year)

Khartoum, Sudan

Dates attended or expected graduation 1979 – 1982  (3 Years)

Calcutta, India

Dates attended or expected graduation 1969 – 1979 ( must have been10 years in between travelling back and for Bristol) 

The mans a genius

Some more facts about another of our board, all available on line

Mr Leigh Andrew John Dineen holds 10 appointments at 10 active companies, has resigned from 9 companies and held 9 appointments at 9 dissolved companies. 

Apart from the vending and Gower Breweries I believe he sits on the managing board of the 5 Swansea City companies. Don't know what the other 3 are

PaulT
  • Phillip said:
    As I have said on here before, the 47M a year non playing wages would hit the honest low paid workers first.
    All this shit about tightening belts etc is all to safeguard their salaries and fees.
    Half the 15K/20K a year people will go first, they will get rid of all zero contract people, they will half the part timers.
    They have been doing it for 2 years but there was more money, now the revenue is dropping they will ensure they don't lose until its all gone.
    Not sure where the commercial department sits in the 5 companies but Jenkins sits on all of them.
    Your figures are a little skewiff Phil, £47m for non playing staff, where did you get that from? the total costs last season were approximately £120m, player costs will account for £95m of that.

• Jacktar said:
    Phillip said:
    As I have said on here before, the 47M a year non playing wages would hit the honest low paid workers first.
    Your figures are a little skewiff Phil, £47m for non playing staff, where did you get that from? the total costs last season were approximately £120m, player costs will account for £95m of that.

2017 figures submitted were 99M wages, careful studying of first squad payers and coaches wages add up to 52M for between 25/30 people.
    These are the wages of the top squad people and are based on what the board have told the media these guys have earned. They might not be spot on but close and in line with previous amounts.
    The non playing squads employees totalled 369, so the 47M is based on the 340.
    This 340 went up from 240 in 2014.
    The disclosure of information on breakdowns would justify or not, why these non playing employees were engaged and for what purpose and also clarify why the significant increase in salaries were made.
    Employees mentioned in the 2002Ltd books (Holding company) list these numbers but include the Association LTd and others.
    It may well be that these employees with the huge salaries are included many times.
    E.G. the CFO may be paid 5 times.
    Jenkins earns 666K from 2002Ltd but is a paid director on the other 4.
    Dineen doesn't appear in the 2002 Check but was incorporated in the Association Ltd in 2016 with others.
    The company secretary is on more than one.
    By doing this with all 5 companies the employees increase but the people numbers don't.
    These are the high end earners 
    The commercial dept is part of the Association ltd but wasn't prior to 2016.
    The wages split for these high earners in 5 companies could be in excess of 25M a year plus fees as consultants.
    Disclosure would answer this but it is extremely unlikely they will.
    Cutting proper working employees to the bare bones will ensure they keep these salaries and fees until all the money runs out.
    The theory is becoming more realistic with every move they make.
    The board members are historical in dissolving companies for whatever reason, in doing so ensuring they walk away unscathed.

• They say bullsh*t baffles brains
  • I work for a large telecommunications company, we have redundancies every year. It’s a part of modern business. Which unfortunately is what most football clubs are these days are
  • Yes but do you keep the high earning failures for continual mistakes.
    Or board members with proven history in dissolving companies.
    You are right all dodgy businesses do it, Banks being a prime example, get rid off the staff, the cash machines, the branches then give the bosses that do it massive bonuses.
    BHS chairman took all the pension funds then laid of the staff and closed it down. He did it better than Jenkins he was already a Knight OBE Jenkins could do better then.

• Stu1912 said:
    I work for a large telecommunications company, we have redundancies every year. It’s a part of modern business. Which unfortunately is what most football clubs are these days are
    Football clubs dont have the kinds of staff numbers as a large telecoms company.

But Phillip is right, the big cheeses never get the chop or a wage reduction. It's always the so-called little people, who cant afford to lose their jobs who take the fall for the management's incompetence. 
    garythenotrashcougar
  • Hypocrisy strikes again Mark, the other week you were sharing ideas on GNTC s stupid idea of a boycott.  That certainly would put more front line low earning  people out  of work in the shop and food stalls. 
  • Ponty.
    You are either a very rich conservative, who has never done a hard days graft for low wages.
    Someone who has worked in business and exploited others 
    A social climber brown nosing on your way up.
    A friend of someone on the board or wants to be.
    Or simply a very deluded man, who thinks ruining something is a good idea and that failing is a way of improving
    Natterjack
  • Phil - you nailed it I have asked the Webmaster to remove him but alas no response
  • Hypocrisy strikes again Mark, the other week you were sharing ideas on GNTC s stupid idea of a boycott.  That certainly would put more front line low earning  people out  of work in the shop and food stalls. 
    One of the biggest con tricks of capitalism - blame the customer for putting people out of work, and not the rapacious greed of those above them. 

We all know exactly what sort of person you are Ponty. Last year you objected vehemently to poor old Merthyr supporters asking for loose change in a bucket at one of our home games. In 2001 you were presumably against that when it was us having to do it to survive.

Vile hypocrite. 
    ColinNorthampton
  • Daitumble said:
    Phil - you nailed it I have asked the Webmaster to remove him but alas no response
    Hi Dai - regardless of whether people agree with Ponty or not, he is entitled to his opinion, just as everyone other member of this forum is.  On that basis, there is no reason for me to remove him sorry.
    Steve
  • Simple yes or no question Philip.No waffle please. Do you agree with these redundancies  YES or No?  
  • Simple yes or no question Philip.No waffle please. Do you agree with these redundancies  YES or No?  
    Ponty when did you ever answer a simple yes or no question?

Proving you are a hypocrite with that question.

Simple yes or no question for you:-

Should HJ and Pearlman still be picking up their obscene salaries after there abject failures?
    deekayJoHColinNorthamptonNatterjack
  • Heard Dawn has gone, she must have been with the club 20 years or more, maybe she took a redundancy package.
    She, along with Jackie Rockie used to hide the gate receipt from Tony Petty
  • Redundancies and cost cutting makes it even more odd that the club is receiving no income from stadium name sponsorship and hasn’t done since around 2012.

It beggars belief that Dineen and Pearlman never resolved this in view of it being a massively lucrative income source. 

Add in that the stadium is still carrying the name of a company that a former major shareholder was a director of. The same shareholder who profited by £10m when selling to the Americans and doubtless with that amount of shareholding would have been integral in pushing the sale.

Ponty when did you ever answer a simple yes or no question?

Proving you are a hypocrite with that question.

Simple yes or no question for you:-

Should HJ and Pearlman still be picking up their obscene salaries after there abject failures?
    Easy question CS.  No they should not.  Someone said their salaries had been reduced. Pearlman should be moved on if he does not bring in the bacon. 
  • So, would you also agree that these astute businessmen who now own the club are not quite so astute after all, if they are paying HJ and Pearlman over the odds ?
  • They should be on relegation clauses as should most of the players. 
    No
     I don't agree with these redundancies and if you read what I've said its obvious.
    What I do want is 25 Sackings, That's only 5 people Jenkins, Levien, Dineen, Kaplan Morgan, who are employed 5 times each.
    They can be followed by the Company Secretary or should I say secretary's as he appears a few times as well.
    There's a  good couple of million saved for people who do FA and would keep the ones made redundant employed for over 50 Years
  • Oh shit forgot Pearlman he picks up 600K+ a year, achieved sod all then sacks his staff.
    What a complete shit
    garythenotrashcougarPaulT
  • Webmaster said:
    Daitumble said:
    Phil - you nailed it I have asked the Webmaster to remove him but alas no response
    Hi Dai - regardless of whether people agree with Ponty or not, he is entitled to his opinion, just as everyone other member of this forum is.  On that basis, there is no reason for me to remove him sorry.
    If he can't be removed everyone hit the ignore button on him, he literally fades away! I haven't had to read his bile for a couple of weeks now and feel so much better for it!
    garythenotrashcougarColinNorthamptonWebmaster
  • They should be on relegation clauses as should most of the players. 
    Dodged the question again Ponty. 

And you were asking for a straight answer with no waffle from Phillip. Hypocrite !
    ColinNorthampton
  • I agree they have  not been astute if they have not reduced the salaries of HJ and Mr P. I expect Mr P to move on shortly or accept a lower role of "minding the shop". 

• Would that be in Arkwright's open all hours shop?
    Arch_Stantonenaitch