Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Wales v Spain - International Friendly 2018/19

edited October 2018 in Wales
This is the place to discuss all things related to the Wales v Spain International Friendly game on Thursday 11th October 2018 at the Principality Stadium.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, team selection and score prediction for the game.

Kick-off is at 7:45pm GMT and the game will be shown live on S4C and Sky Sports Football.

Comments

• Result not important here, barring a pasting, great warm up game before Tues and a chance for some of the youngsters to stake a claim for the Ireland match. Looking forward to this, Spanish commentary always helps too :joy:
  • Ashleigh Williams, wtf !
    How bad has he gone ?
    He must have got the opposite to the Samson effect. 
    If only it was a Coincidence, that since  hes grown that stupid Barnet, he’s been absolute shite!
    Wales haven’t got a clue. 
    Cant remember when I’ve seen such a pathetic performance. 
    If Giggs keeps this to 0-3 I’ll be amazed. 
  • Spain make football look easy. Find space, pass, control, move, repeat. And on the rare occasion they lose possession, they work so hard pressing.

Wales were a million miles away. But it was a friendly and one hopefully Giggs and the young players will learn a lot from. 
  • I disagree Malaga.

Tonight's game was a terrible decision.

1. Spain. nothing like Ireland. So where's the benefit.
    2. Also to play at Millennium, rather than the Lego, which has a different atmosphere. more intimidating. 
    3. Winning is a habit. playing a side like Spain, with great record until their manager was sacked on the eve of the World Cup, and since they were knocked out, was too strong a match. A knock to the confidence, especially a 4-1 drubbing, because that is what it is, helps no one.
  • Agreed that the choice of Spain as opposition wasn't smart, but if we defended like that against Andorra I'd expect us to lose. 

As for playing at the PS - it's easy to be wise after the event, but we were talking about a friendly here. It's a shame so many of the senior players let the 50,000 that turned up down so badly. 
  • I believe its a one off PS match and we will go back to CCS for qualifiers. Like wyn said, it's a shame we didn't give the lots of young kids in the crowd a better showing and encourage a new era of Welsh football fans but Spain are a very very good team. 
  • I disagree Malaga.

Tonight's game was a terrible decision.

1. Spain. nothing like Ireland. So where's the benefit.
    2. Also to play at Millennium, rather than the Lego, which has a different atmosphere. more intimidating. 
    3. Winning is a habit. playing a side like Spain, with great record until their manager was sacked on the eve of the World Cup, and since they were knocked out, was too strong a match. A knock to the confidence, especially a 4-1 drubbing, because that is what it is, helps no one.
    Well yes Mark, it turned out to be a bit of a disaster, awful defending and chasing shadows. Big learning curve for Giggs nevermind the players, not convinced by him so far time will tell. In hindsight it looks like a faw money-spinner that went belly up. We can't be as bad again on Tuesday can we?
  • It seems to me that Griggs is trying to play the right way with a possession based game on the deck.  This is to be applauded. It was the apprentice against the craftsman.   Gunter and Williams in defence are no longer first choice picks.  
  • I agree ponty. I would have rather seen Rodon and Connor in a back 4 alongside Ben Davies and Ashley (in for an injured mepham) a swansea city back four!
  • England ripping Spain to shreds.

Puts our performance into perspective.