Comments

• Graham Potter has opened the door for Wayne Routledge, Nathan Dyer and Luciano Narsingh to leave the club in January as the trio found themselves on the periphery of the Swansea City squad.

And the Swans boss raised the possibility that further trimming of the playing staff could follow in the next transfer window, with the club's American owners have warned of more "hard medicine" for the club to take in the wake of a summer overhaul.

• OnceaJack said:
    Graham Potter has opened the door for Wayne Routledge, Nathan Dyer and Luciano Narsingh to leave the club in January as the trio found themselves on the periphery of the Swansea City squad.

And the Swans boss raised the possibility that further trimming of the playing staff could follow in the next transfer window, with the club's American owners have warned of more "hard medicine" for the club to take in the wake of a summer overhaul.

Why Yanks, gets my fucking goat, we have plenty of American supporters, why be derogative to a nation.

As for what the Americans are doing, I'd rather have a sustainable club that cuts its cloth accordingly, yes, we'd all like multi-billionaire owners like Stoke, but we don't so lets move on.

• The club havnt got the equivalent of the bank of mum and dad to keep the likes of Dyer, Routledge and Narsingh on the sidelines, so sadly they have to be moved off tge wagebill to make room for players with lower wages. That’s the state of the club at this moment in time.
  • I’ll reserve my comments, untill the January transfer window. 
  • Stoke have an identical number of points to us at the moment
    What is so attractive about their owners again?
  • Cut the cloth accordingly and sell our better players for next to nothing, e.g FF to Toon for 3 million. Beyond incompetent 
  • Stoke have an identical number of points to us at the moment
    What is so attractive about their owners again?
    Quite a lot actually. You must have read recently what the owners daughter awarded herself from the profits of Bet365
  • To me it's all about weekly outlay .IE wages.Can't match the outlay with reduced income.Surely no surprise.
    Well out of the rat race of the Premier League to rebuild if you ask me.
  • OnceaJack said:
    Graham Potter has opened the door for Wayne Routledge, Nathan Dyer and Luciano Narsingh to leave the club in January as the trio found themselves on the periphery of the Swansea City squad.

Isn't this old news being rehashed
  • It's getting near to the transfer window re-opening Stephen
  • For me the way the Americans are dragging out the mediatio,agreeing dates and then saying no one is available just shows what they think of the fans and their voice within the club, stinks to high heaven,  add to that the other people who shafted the Trust and the way they have treated the trust who are the fans the ones who kept the club afloat BEFORE h j and his pals rode to the so called rescue Its mel Nurse who really deserves the plaudits, but hey ho  he did not make any money out of his rescue did he , ? for me whilst i am a swansea supporter and have been for 60 plus years the way this club is currently run has made me loose lots of interest sad as it is to say come on you owners show the fans you do think of us just a little

• "SK: Yes we do. You’re going to be stuck with us for a while."

It's that effing attitude that gets me.  They don't even want to try to be part of the club.  And they wonder why people want them gone???
    garythenotrashcougar
  • edited December 1
    "SK: Yes we do. You’re going to be stuck with us for a while."

It's that effing attitude that gets me.  They don't even want to try to be part of the club.  And they wonder why people want them gone???
    Great post, this is exactly my point about them, and has been for some time. 

Their apologists can try and justify them as much as they like, but there's no disguising these are 'f*** you' words, deliberately antagonistic.

When you marry that to their total lack of respect for the Trust, not even basic manners in responding to correspondence, it tells you what sort of people they really are. Absolutely vile.
  • The club is a money machine so of course they are making money out of it
    They have to make a return for the investors
    It's just that nobody on this board understands how they are doing it exactly
  • Those 3 can leave with my blessings as I can stomach the fact that their wages are too high and therefore removed from the books. But we need to hold on to our academy players. If any are sold I would not be able to stomach that decision as the same reason doesn’t wash. Surely the more affordable players that we have aren’t breaking the bank?
  • It seems like Swans do not have a pot to piss in, if they can't field 2 long time servants like Dyer and Routs. They're no superstars but they're no worse than any of the kids that we're fielding currently and they have the advantage of experience - been there, done it. We're running around like headless chickens on the field currently. A little bit of Dyer/Routs nous to supplement the youthful efforts of our new boys would seem to me to be a sensible option. Let's face it, something needs to change or we're in a death spiral.
    MarkG
  • If they are going so be it BUT............ why leave them in the wilderness whilst they are here - when you look at what potter puts on the field.
  • It's a question that needs answering  Potter keeps going on about this young bunch of players and this is what happens as they learn etc etc and yet refuses to play 3 seasoned, top level players. Why? 
  • If they are going so be it BUT............ why leave them in the wilderness whilst they are here - when you look at what potter puts on the field.
    Perhaps Potter thinks along the lines of playing players with lesser experience to give them experience should he find that the likes of Dyer etc. will be gone in January. 
  • When will everyone realise, its not the players wages that have done us in, we paid no more in players wages than anyone else and nowhere near the top 11 clubs, our non players costs for running the club exceeded Spurs, that's why they will not allow people to see the breakdown of accounts.
    The fees and salaries of the select few in the 5 companies are still getting the same now as before, the excuse of the likes of Routledge Dyer costing us too much is farcical, they only get these salaries if they are playing so many games, Bony is the only one costing us more than Jenkins salary.
    Top down, the club are in a mess, cost cutting is being done to ensure the select few keep their bucks until everything is gone, they have realised that investment might not give them this, so decided to take it now and f the club.
    Since August we have taken the last premier league payment 60M sold 40M players and have another 45M to come (forget season ticket sales etc), it is my estimation that apart from Bony our whole squad of 50 Players does not account for more than 15M a year, so if we only had a loss of 13M last season WTF is all this money going, this is what the Trust is asking and what every fan should want to know.
    It is possible, that the answers if ever given, will not be liked by some and go back to statements  like cutting our cloth accordingly, we don't have rich owners etc, the players whether bad signing or good, have never cost us a red balance sheet, the owners have and are still doing it brazenly  
    Jackareme
  • Ask Dyer if he is on 40K a week, he will laugh at you, he has never earned that, or WR, the wage bill has always been given as a total, these figures are fed to the press and not by the players
  • Sadly our club has no vision or commitment at board level other than financial and legal protection.
    The suggestion that we might release these three players is a prequel to another bonfire of the vanities,I would suggest that the key disposals in January will be anyone who we can get a transfer fee for along with players currently loaned elsewhere.
    I would not be surprised to see some of McBurnie,Naughton,Olsen,Carroll,Fer,Bony,
    Fulton,Narsingh,Dyer,Routledge,Baston,the Ayews,Montero ,McKay and James leave
    in January.
    This will clear the way to prepare for life in the first division next year with a squad primarily under the age of 25.
    The Americans are facing a major legal and financial loss from court action as are Jenkins and Morgan,it is likely that the removal of large sums of money up to now and in January,should leave them all in significant profit and free to sell and leave the club themselves.