Football betting site Betway

Aaron Lewis

Gone on loan to Doncaster until end of season. A great move for the youngster
Mark_Jack_LondonJoe90

Comments

• Yes, good move. Be interesting to watch his progress.
  • If anything, it should have happened a year ago. He's not learned much in the last year and that's not his fault, the u23's wasn't going to teach him much more. Good luck to the lad, I hope it works well for him.
  • Doncaster doing ok this season so a decent move. I'd have asked to ensure the loan goes thru after this weekend as aaron lewis should be starting this weekend
  • edited January 4
    A good move for the club and for Aaron.

With the elevation of some of the under 23's, I wrongly thought he'd make the senior match day squad this season but maybe a few months with Donny will help him make that next jump and feature for the first team next season.

• Jeff,
    Aaron is a promising full back, on either flank, got pace, likes a tackle and also likes to go forward and is a goalscorer. What the loan could achieve for the youngster, providing he gets games, is that next season's pre-season could make him a realistic addition to next season's first team squad. He signed a new contract this year but not sure if it was a one or two deal.
  • and bear in mind Olsson is out of contract next summer.
  • Jeff,
    Aaron is a promising full back, on either flank, got pace, likes a tackle and also likes to go forward and is a goalscorer. What the loan could achieve for the youngster, providing he gets games, is that next season's pre-season could make him a realistic addition to next season's first team squad. He signed a new contract this year but not sure if it was a one or two deal.
    Yes. I agree with all of that Colin -  I sang his praises on here last season, having watched him a few times in the U23 matches on the live stream. A good player.
  • Jeff,
    Yes. I agree with all of that Colin -  I sang his praises on here last season, having watched him a few times in the U23 matches on the live stream. A good player.
    Hmm I don't presume to be half as qualified as some of the regular U23 watchers (and I really enjoy reading their assessments) However, i have seen Aaron play around 6 times on a full match stream and i am much less hung ho on his prospects. 
    Specifically I find his positioning a bit suspect, and he lacks the yard of pace that top players need in the full back role. He does however put in a tackle, and has good quality on the ball.

@Colin_swansea and @Jeff_Cowbridge - I hope you are more accurate in your assessments than me..
  • Jackareme,
    disagree with you regarding pace. He doesn't possess the pace of James or Garrick but he's no slower than Connor and he hasn't done too badly. As for his positioning, I suggest you look at the inexperienced players he has had around him this season in a struggling U23 side.
    Aaron has the opportunity now of first team football and follow in the footsteps of former Swans' U23 players Ryan Hedges, Alex Gogic, Alex Bray and Alex Samuel who are all making a good living in the professional game. It's up to him.
    Jackareme
  • on the bench for today's cup game at Preston.
  • Aaron didn’t come on the field from the bench but great experience for him to be part of the win
  • while Aaron goes on loan, Ben Cabango returns from TNS having played 17/20 league games, and getting on the scoresheet.