Football betting site Betway

Plan

13»

Comments

• Got to laugh at Dai Carpets.

Doing a little whip round now to try and save the club.

Yet when I pointed out to him back in September that he was directly funding the destruction of the club by continuing to sponsor them to the tune of £0000s per season he got very uppity indeed and threatened to send the boys round.

Absolute melt.
    Dai Carpets  :joy:
  • That’s the way you do it! Great read. So it is possible after all. Knew about Uri but wasn’t aware of MJ. At least they didn’t erect a statue outside the grounds.
  • Surely the plan was, buy the club for 70 million, keep it in the Premier League, add a few things - stadium lease, stadium capacity etc. Then sell it on as a package for twice or three times the amount. Kaplan said this himself. The problem is relegation. It wasn't factored, that is why they threw stupid money at it. What the plan is now, God only knows. I'm not saying for one minute that Jenkins won't rise again (indeed that has been the rumour for some time), but conspiracy or cock up, I go with the latter.
  • On Dc United board a meeting with Levien came across as only concerned about the new stadium. Stadium naming rights are massive in the USA. And on the football side he was totally focused on running it as a business by the book business ie make a profit is first priority.

Relegation is not something USA sports teams have to deal with as there is no promotion/relegation.
  • Surely the plan was, buy the club for 70 million, keep it in the Premier League, add a few things - stadium lease, stadium capacity etc. Then sell it on as a package for twice or three times the amount. Kaplan said this himself. The problem is relegation. It wasn't factored, that is why they threw stupid money at it. What the plan is now, God only knows. I'm not saying for one minute that Jenkins won't rise again (indeed that has been the rumour for some time), but conspiracy or cock up, I go with the latter.
    And me, we should have taken our medicine last season instead of wasting money we didn't have
  • We are in for a bad time now. HJ blocked james and probably Fer deals see the Jenkins Gone thread.

This means there is nothing in the owners way to stop them selling James, VDH, Rodon, Roberts, Grimes etc in the summer window. If they had their way James, our Captain & Vice Captain would have gone a few weeks ago. Add in those out of contract and we could see another ten plus players gone in the summer.

Routs, Narsingh, Fer, Bony & Olsson - contracts up
    VDH, James, Rodon, Roberts, Grimes & Celina
  • Martyn
    if you start to believe what sites like thisisfutbol bring out, especially in a one sided interview you might as well pack it in
  • Martyn
    if you start to believe what sites like thisisfutbol bring out, especially in a one sided interview you might as well pack it in
    Colin i agree with what you’re saying in principle but do you not believe that what Martyn says in this instance is true? Given that Huw prevented James from being given away for a paltry 750,000 to a rival i’d say Martyn has it fairly accurate. Everyone is reporting the same and the Americans aren’t defending the accusation. Nothing. What would have happened if Leeds didn’t get promoted? Tell him to get back to us even if he’s settled and happy in Leeds? It was a disgraceful arrangement brought about by desperation for money. Any money? And one of our most promising youngsters to boot.
  • Mike
    most sites are purely 'click bait' sites, offer no, or very little research and in all honesty not worth reading, whether they be thisisfutbol, sportwitness etc., and the only person who benefits from these sites are its owners.
    The Americans haven't defended the accusation, but is that stance any different from them as they very rarely communicate with the fans. The Leeds chairman has history in letting the fans down in previous transfer speculation while Dan's James's agent lets not forget was banned and suspended last October for signing underage players. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45712152

• From what I understand Fer was almost signed on loan to Villa and VDH was kept because of injuries. I don’t know how accurate these two stories were but the owners do have form and therefore it does fall within the realms of possibility. They showed their hand with Dan James about the so called academy players being at the heart the team.
  • @Colin_swansea I pay little attention to click bait sites as they are usually full of speculation by the writer with no quotes from sources. However on this occasion they included quotes from Hay who confirmed that it was indeed Huw that stopped the James transfer.

Look criticize Huw as much as you want for things in the last few years but at least give him credit when he does good things. In this case his parting act as a Jack was to fall on his sword and stop the transfer.
  • Yes until next summer most likely
  • Martyn said:
    @Colin_swansea I pay little attention to click bait sites as they are usually full of speculation by the writer with no quotes from sources. However on this occasion they included quotes from Hay who confirmed that it was indeed Huw that stopped the James transfer.

Look criticize Huw as much as you want for things in the last few years but at least give him credit when he does good things. In this case his parting act as a Jack was to fall on his sword and stop the transfer.
    Not sure it will end up as Huw's parting act, my gut tells me there is more to come. But yes criticism and praise should be given when due and in this case he ensured James (and most likely Fer and VDH) are staying put until the summer at least.

• Martyn said:
    @Colin_swansea I pay little attention to click bait sites as they are usually full of speculation by the writer with no quotes from sources. However on this occasion they included quotes from Hay who confirmed that it was indeed Huw that stopped the James transfer.

Martyn
    absolute bollocks, if you believe he fell on his sword the incompetent **** should have done that 3/4 years back. You, and do many have been taken for mugs for years  and you still want to give him some credit.
    I despair.
    DubDragongarythenotrashcougarMark_Jack_London
  • Let's not forget, it only fell over when Leeds tried to change the loan payment. Up to that point HJ was going along with the deal. If he felt that strongly about Dan leaving, he would have resigned the moment the yanks authorised it. So, he gets zero credit from me for Dan staying here.
  • I’m glad Huw isn’t two faced because if he was he wouldn’t be :D wearing the one he’s had for the last four years 
    Mark_Jack_London
  • @deekay the report says 750 now was a change to the deal but Leeds said thats fine no probs. So that did not stop the deal.
  • Martyn

What report would that be ? I've read several different versions, and the only consistent bit is that the deal changed at the final stages. Irrespective of the late changes, my point is that if HJ disagreed with the principle of selling Dan in the first instance, he should have resigned as soon as the yanks gave the go ahead, and not gone along with it up to the final hours, thereby risking him going. It doesn't wash with me that he is now some kind of hero for blocking the deal. Whichever way it's cut, he is the person responsible for leading us into these calamitous times.
  • Initially Hay said the deal failed because of the renegotiation of the loan fee but has since got more from the club and his latest reporting is Huw blocked it. See his quotes in the article from 2 days ago

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/02/blogs/championship/hay-shares-fascinating-detail-about-james-pursuit/
  • The only true fact is Huw has gone ( not before time ) and Dan is still here until the summer at this point in time that’s all that matters . Although Dans sister said early in Jan he was off to Leeds so maybe he wanted to go