Making Swansea City Great Again

As we try to dislodge the American rape of our beloved club maybe the trust can make then fund-raise by selling black and white baseball caps with MSCGA caps and any profits going to but shares in the trust/club ..
As our owners are from the USA and the Trump making America Great again movement may provide us with media coverage and raise awareness to those outside Wales what these infidels are doing to out club..
Show me the accounts you USA owners !

Comments

• Nice idea. It would be great for some more ideas of this type.
  • SeaJack said:
    Nice idea. It would be great for some more ideas of this type.
    First off, they are not going to walk away however much we may not like them, however, they may take an offer, perhaps half of the £70m they bought their share for.
    Secondly, where are we going to get say, £35m, not going to happen and without being unkind to the original poster, a couple of thousand hats may raise a grand profit, still £34,999 to go.
    And thirdly, they are not raping the club just paying for ineptitude of previous seasons, we have to take the medicine and we don't like it but I'd rather us get back on an even keel before spending money we haven't got. that's sustainability and what Swansea City has always been about.
  • As per my posts on Andrew’s thread, if the board were to win their case and buy them out at £35mil then the remainder can be bought at the cost of £700 should a 20000 strong fan base invest. Should the Trust lose their case or not go ahead with court proceedings at all, then at £35mil the fan base at 20000 (using this as a potential number based on stadium attendance) would be able to purchase the shares at £1750 each. It is doable at those costs. It just whether there is the appetite for this with the fans.
  • Do you really think that enough people have that amount of spare cash.Sorry but I can't see it.AT present only 1300/1400 of us are prepared to invest a Tenner per year to join the Trust.
  • Agree Moorlands, 100%, unfortunately
  • SeaJack said:
    As per my posts on Andrew’s thread, if the board were to win their case and buy them out at £35mil then the remainder can be bought at the cost of £700 should a 20000 strong fan base invest. Should the Trust lose their case or not go ahead with court proceedings at all, then at £35mil the fan base at 20000 (using this as a potential number based on stadium attendance) would be able to purchase the shares at £1750 each. It is doable at those costs. It just whether there is the appetite for this with the fans.
    As commendable as your idea is you can’t get 20,000 Swans’ fans into the stadium and neither will you get 2,000 to pay £700.
    Fans will no doubt remember when they lost the money they paid for Bonds in the Toshack era.
  • Being relatively new to all this I wasn’t aware of the fiasco that led to fans of the club losing money over investing in bonds. How did that happen? Would shares bought by a fan go the same way or are they more secure? This time I would suggest no money in buckets but shares bought going through the proper legal and business channels. Ownership through and through not charitable donations that will never be seen again.
  • Even if the fans could buy out the current owner and own the club 100% I personally wouldn't be for this scenario as I feel it would be detrimental going forwards as whilst yes we would be living with our means and as commendable as that is, it would probably mean league 1 or league 2 football (with the odd foray in the championship).

I don't want that I want a club that can compete has the investment required (but is well run and fair return on that investment is provided).

I don't know if this happens but can't the trust actively look for an investor who can buy out the current majority shareholders and be happy to own SCFC alongside the trust and be willing to INVEST for a fair return and not just take.

If £35m could secure SCFC then surely there are people out there willing to pay that for a Championship club and make a run at the premier league.

The question is do the current owners want to sell and if so how much would they accept?
  • 2017 accounts we made a 13m profit. I suspect, given they are fund managers and focused on numbers not soccer that not only are they trying to do the right thing by moving high earners but they are also willing to sell anyone and everyone fast so they can release accounts that show a profit for 2019 and tout it to other buyers  so they get out

Kaplan & Levien will have 1 eye on whats happens in year 3 in the Championship
    In year 2 our parachute payment drops by 9m compared to first year - coverable through sales
    In year 3 it will drop by somewhere near 17 million - no assets left to sell instant 17m loss that year or mass clear out of non-playing staff

On the back of trying to sell James I think they will go for over kill on the sales in the summer to try and generate what looks like a solid set of accounts in the next financial year. Then sell
  • If they can’t field a team then what happens? Is that a possibility based on what you say Martyn? Will it be over to the U23’s once again I wonder? I don’t like the feeling I’m getting about this one to be honest.
  • Jolly boy the make swansea city great hats suggestion  as a gesture that maybe the media could have picked up on ,not as an effort to generate a large revenue .Maybe a few hundred red caps might make the media here and in the USA ...
    STID 
    However if the sale of these caps could generate revenue for the trust then is that such a bad thing ?
  •  :/.....oO( I wouldn't wear anything associated with that tw@t Trump )