Football betting site Betway

Really makes your blood boil

Sky Sports analysis showed a profit  on transfers of £61 million, add to that seven years of Sky tv money + £700 million,then the overseas TV money,Sponsorship, Season Tickets sales and add ons. Then You read the Interview Pearlman gave the BBC  . two questions come to mind.

1 If we are to believe the club, all the above money was spent on running a football club.  we must ask now on what was it spent?

2 If it is not true, where has all that money gone?

Should the Trust has a substantial Shareholder be asking for an explanation?

Comments

• Bigoak

Please keep up :) 

The Trust director receives the management accounts on a monthly basis, however he is being denied sight of the detailed financial information that underpins the management accounts.

He is also denied access to the cash flow analysis and details surrounding any incoming/outgoing transfers. 

Without that information, it is not possible to see where the money has gone.

The burning question is what can the trust do about it, if the yanks aren't forthcoming ? 
    bigoakColin_swansea
  • We have seen regularly that the details of transfers in newspapers/media tend to be very wide of the mark.As only the principal US shareholders are allowed to see the full accounts and details of contracts for signings and sales, we should give these estimates a wide berth. It is also unclear as to where the huge increase in non playing staff costs is and given the chronic shortage of funds indicated, why did the Owners sanction the huge increase in non playing wage  costs.

This analysis is based on guesstimates and non reliable core information.
    bigoak
  • Once again it is all about open book accounting
    If there is something to hide then you shout NDA
    There is something to hide
    bigoak
  • We have seen regularly that the details of transfers in newspapers/media tend to be very wide of the mark.As only the principal US shareholders are allowed to see the full accounts and details of contracts for signings and sales, we should give these estimates a wide berth. It is also unclear as to where the huge increase in non playing staff costs is and given the chronic shortage of funds indicated, why did the Owners sanction the huge increase in non playing wage  costs.

This analysis is based on guesstimates and non reliable core information.
    The analysis is based on compiling figures from the financial accounts 2010-2017. The transfer fees and all the figures mentioned I have sourced from these publicly available accounts.
  • One point we all over look, The trust has share holders have right to view any documents relating to the running of the Company, after all they own part of it. and should aproach the other share holders and insist an extra ordinary share holders meeting is called. ok the Yanks will object but its all fuel to the Trusts ffire And the Swans are a limited company and subject to the Company Act. in effect the Directors have a legal duty to act in all honesty and can be held personally responsible, a question, is this the real reason for HJ getting out? he knows its all going to come out now more fpuplic scrutiny is taking place. Andrew 2 and my self have been predicting this day for years! 
  • "We have probably got another £20-30 million in players who are out on loan, then we have the current squad.

Whose wages we are subsiding and we can’t even give away!

“If Potter is given time and the fans support him as they have, I'm sure he will bring the club success."

He’s got the support of the fans but unless the hedge fund you sold to for financial gain don’t support him then he won’t bring success and will no doubt walk away!

• @Llanjack

Good point re Potter. 

Personally, I'm convinced he will be off at the end of the season.

Despite the fact he has been learning on the job at this level (first half v Wigan proof of that) he has still done an absolutely magnificent job with a squad that under Monk, Guidolin, Clement or Carvalhal would have struggled to reach 10 points. Imo he should be handed Manager Of The Year if/when we are mathematically safe. There is no one in any of the 4 divisions who's done a better job.

There are some big clubs like Boro, Leeds, Sheffield United and West Brom who are going for promotion this season. Not all of them will get it. If any of those are looking for a change in the summer, then surely Potter must be on their radar. If anyone honestly thinks he'll stay here to work with our tinpot setup, I think they're in for a very nasty shock. 
  • One good point that came out of Potter’s interview y’day was the increased role chief scout Kyle Macaulay is undertaking, including dealing with agents.

• But there’s the slight difference of dealing with the Swedish lower leagues agents, than Championship & Premiership ones. 
    Plus I’m still not convinced in his scouting abilities, if it was him that brought us Asoro and McKay. 
    ColinNorthampton
  • J4cka I'm not sure either Asoro or McKay needed much scouting as both were well know players in the English game.

I think they may have been offered and taken to add depth to a squad whom they knew would be getting depleted in the very near future
  • One good point that came out of Potter’s interview y’day was the increased role chief scout Kyle Macaulay is undertaking, including dealing with agents.
    Not sure we're going to be negotiating or dealing with agents any time soon...
  • We didn't buy anyone in Jan & we have basically been informed that there is still a massive hole in our finances so it's pretty reasonable to assume we're not going to be busy in the transfer window for quite some time, or at least until someone gets these owners out!
  • The massive hole in our finances was caused by our DoF who paid ridiculous fees for ordinary players who we then had to take a huge hit on what we eventually sold them for following relegation. Fact.

We desperately need to get the Ayews and Baston off our wage bill in the summer and get a good return regarding transfer fees for them. Throw in reasonable fees for Carroll and Montero and our wage bill will be significantly reduced. Fact. 

• The massive hole in our finances was caused by our DoF who paid ridiculous fees for ordinary players who we then had to take a huge hit on what we eventually sold them for following relegation. Fact.

We desperately need to get the Ayews and Baston off our wage bill in the summer and get a good return regarding transfer fees for them. Throw in reasonable fees for Carroll and Montero and our wage bill will be significantly reduced. Fact. 

The problem is Colin, as we saw with FF, Mawson and Clucas in the summer, they are so desperate to shift players on to save wages they are prepared to sell them for way below their market value. We aren't going to get that 'good return'.

Word travels fast in football and the word is Swansea haven't got a pot to piss in, they'll take a bag of footballs and a signed shirt. 

Imo this is as criminal as overspending.
  • Perhaps they had no choice in the matter. We have taken advantage of clubs in the past who were desperate for cash, Ash was one example. Sadly, that is the way the game has always been.

Our incompetency in player recruitment has brought the club to the position it is now. Desperate to offload players and lucky to get a third of their true value while our owners refuse to financially back the club as owners at Stoke and WBA are doing.
    Jackareme
  • Colin is right we have made this mess and anyone who can will take advantage of it and that's not just other clubs.

Players will (as is there right) hold us to their contracts whether that's refusing to leave for less or expecting Swansea to stump up the shortfall in wages and agents know this and want their slice of the cake before it's all gone, basically vultures and hyenas will will circle.

My hope is we get back on a sound financial footing sooner rather than later (which will be without investment from our owners) and then living whitin our means Potter will develop a team to mount a serious challenge for promotion (which I feel he is more than capable of doing so).
  • Any club that are well organised, have finance available, know when players are down to their last year in their contracts, have a wish list of players who can improve their squad will always be keeping an eye on the market between transfer windows. 

This is what well run football clubs are all about, possess a scouting network and contact book that cover the UK and the continent, but sadly so many clubs depend on agents arriving with dvd's and who can be perceived as the modern version of snake oil salesmen. 

• Pearlman's numbers are total tosh to justify lots more sales in the Summer.

I tracked our transfers last summer (40m thread) including wages off the books and factoring in staged payments. Whilst I do not have exact numbers the bottom line was we made something like 60m between everything. We all know there is overhang there from how past deals were structured but for him to say we only got half of what was needed to cover the 60m drop in revenue is total crap
    bigoak