«1

Comments

  • Doesn't take responsibility for bringing our great club to it's knees and the final sentence says it all for me. 

    "That didn't happen because the decisions weren't mine to take."

    Just remind me Huw, who was responsible for bringing the new decision makers to the club ?

  • Lies, lies and even more lies, the guy is a serial offender and he doesn’t realise what he is saying.
  • But behind every decision there's a reason. Yes Huw look in the mirror the answer is staring you in the face .... :o 
  • edited February 8
    The man is living in cloud cuckoo land.

    Let's examine some of his quotes.
    "At one point we went up to a £13 million overdraft and that scared a lot of the old shareholders; that the reality of dropping out of the Premier League would be difficult to cope with. We needed a shareholder or shareholders taking financial responsibility for the club. That's how we felt and everybody knew that."

    Why, in the name of f*cking f*ck, did we have a £13m overdraft in the first place! You were that responsible person, you tool!

    "To me that was the best Swansea team we've ever had on the pitch, the team we had at Manchester United on the opening day of that season" 

    Conveniently forgetting a team that won the League Cup in 2013, and produced the best 45 minutes of football ever v WBA the previous November. Utter rubbish. Utter, utter rubbish.

    "The squad that played last Saturday was put together for £5 million, but in my view they must be valued at £60 million now"

    On what f*cking planet? Seriously? £60m? Half of them came on a free! 

    The man is a deranged lunatic and this is just more evidence that his resignation was long overdue. Good riddance.

  • Got to disagree with some of that, Gary.

    How does a club with a £100m+ turnover end up being £13m in the red? Pretty easy if one of your star players, that you were banking on selling for a profit, knackers their cruciate ligament, or you have to go to the market in January for panic buys because your manager has wasted your transfer kitty on players who don't deliver the goods.

    Is the current squad worth £60m? Well not sure about last Saturday's starting XI but Connor, Joe, Mike, Dan, Matt, Oli, Bersant, Leroy - got to be worth the best part of £60m between them.

    It may be, as Colin said, that there are a load of lies in that interview. I am not qualified to judge. But if it's true as he says that decisions like the Laudrup sacking were collective board decisions it puts a completely different perspective on the last decade. We all thought it was the Huw Jenkins show, first and last. Maybe it was more complicated than that.

    What it brought home to me once again was how much damage Paul Clement did. That was the nail in our coffin.
  • Cadleigh said:


    How does a club with a £100m+ turnover end up being £13m in the red? Pretty easy if one of your star players, that you were banking on selling for a profit, knackers their cruciate ligament, or you have to go to the market in January for panic buys because your manager has wasted your transfer kitty on players who don't deliver the goods.

    Which manager would that be ? Who was the DoF signing off on signings such as Baston, Mesa, Ayew2, Bony2, Gomis, Clucas, etc ? Players who contributed nothing but cost a fortune. 
  • "He has defended Swansea's transfer business during his 17-year stint as chairman, but acknowledged there have been some failures in recent times."

    delusional at best

    "Jenkins says Swansea never recovered from the loss of three players in the summer of 2017, and revealed that he was against the decision to sack Michael Laudrup in 2014."

    Laudrup was controlled by his agent Tutumulu, Jenkins had problems with Tutumulu. Only one outcome.

    "I hope my decision (to resign) helps everybody else find a solution for the good of the club because that's the most important thing."

    Why didn't you do it three years ago.

    Swansea's shareholders at the time - the Supporters' Trust aside - made millions from the takeover, but Jenkins has insisted individual financial gain was not the key to the deal. "That wasn't the driving force," he said.

    Why didn't he, and his fellow shareholders speak to the Trust if there was such a good offer on the table.

    "The deal was introduced, as has been widely reported, in March 2016. All shareholders were given the draft sale document within 48 hours of each other. That was the first document any shareholder had seen.

    The Trust weren't given details of the share offer, the deal had been signed in April after the Chelsea match

    "I think the difficulties from day one for them here - the ongoing feud with the Supporters' Trust - haven't helped. If those differences had been nipped in the bud it would have certainly helped the club. I don't know who's to blame for that.

    Only one party to blame for that, the shareholders who deliberately didn't inform the Trust of any potential sale.

    "There were meetings to try to find a new shareholders' agreement between the trust and the club and also to solve the share issue. Those things have been going on for two years. "The sooner that is put to bed, the better for everybody's sake. 

    Why do the old directors continue to deny that there was an original share agreement in place.

    "The biggest strength over the years has been working with managers, going right back to Brian Flynn, Kenny Jackett, Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers and Michael Laudrup."

    The only reason in those cases was that Jenkins was  a peripheral figure in player recruitment, once he was left to his own devices he became incompetent.

    "That was a shared decision, a really difficult decision. All our shareholders, and I'll emphasise all, were pushing to get rid of Michael Laudrup. That didn't sit comfortably with me, but it's something I went along with at the time."

    Absolute bare faced lies.

    "I felt things needed to be done instantly. I felt we could start at the top where the salaries are higher and work down, stripping the club back to the bone and running it in a similar way to what we used to do. "That didn't happen because the decisions weren't mine to take."

    How can you allow somebody who is head of recruitment to continue to use the same people to re-vitalise a relegated club.




  • Cadleigh said:

    What it brought home to me once again was how much damage Paul Clement did. That was the nail in our coffin.
    Cadleigh I think even your buddy HJ acknowledges that losing siggy and llorente were the nails in the coffin  It was unfortunate for PJ that he was the poor sod in charge when they left. 
  • edited February 11
    MarkG said:
    Cadleigh said:

    What it brought home to me once again was how much damage Paul Clement did. That was the nail in our coffin.
    Cadleigh I think even your buddy HJ acknowledges that losing siggy and llorente were the nails in the coffin  It was unfortunate for PJ that he was the poor sod in charge when they left. 
    Mark - you are obviously still smarting from some remark I’ve made in the past revealing you to being wrong. Get over it. I don’t even remember whatever incident you still go to bed sweating over.

    He’s not my buddy. I have said countless times on this forum he should go. I have condemned his actions in selling the club more times than I can remember. Grow up.

  • deekay said:
    Cadleigh said:


    How does a club with a £100m+ turnover end up being £13m in the red? Pretty easy if one of your star players, that you were banking on selling for a profit, knackers their cruciate ligament, or you have to go to the market in January for panic buys because your manager has wasted your transfer kitty on players who don't deliver the goods.

    Which manager would that be ? Who was the DoF signing off on signings such as Baston, Mesa, Ayew2, Bony2, Gomis, Clucas, etc ? Players who contributed nothing but cost a fortune. 
    That’s my point though isn’t it deekay? Maybe Jenkins was a latter-day Mussolini who had sole decision-making power over all transfers as DoF. Or maybe it was just a title and he had to go back to his fellow directors for sign-off on big decisions, along with his manager. We just don’t know do we, so we make stuff up that fills our need for heroes and villains and simple moral choices.

    For all I know Jenkins did take all of these decisions himself, and laughed in the face of Morgan and the others when they begged him to stop. Just as possible that he was the last man voting against the sacking of Laudrup and cried when the gavel went down. None of us knows who f@cked up. By all means let’s decide it was one man because that makes it easier than concluding it was a system-wide cluster f@ck
  •  & there is the rub, IF TRUE!  sounds like the Americans wont cut the overhead costs, why I wonder?

    And Jenkins says he offered to work on a voluntary basis to reduce the club's outgoings.

    "I had a 70% pay cut after relegation and for the last year, the majority of expenses working for the club I've paid myself," he said.

    "I also made an offer in July last year to work for nothing if we made more cutbacks. I was prepared to put a team of staff together to try to get us back on an even keel as fast as we could.

    "I felt things needed to be done instantly. I felt we could start at the top where the salaries are higher and work down, stripping the club back to the bone and running it in a similar way to what we used to do.

    "That didn't happen because the decisions weren't mine to take."


  • StephenR said:
     & there is the rub, IF TRUE!  sounds like the Americans wont cut the overhead costs, why I wonder?

    And Jenkins says he offered to work on a voluntary basis to reduce the club's outgoings.

    "I had a 70% pay cut after relegation and for the last year, the majority of expenses working for the club I've paid myself," he said.

    "I also made an offer in July last year to work for nothing if we made more cutbacks. I was prepared to put a team of staff together to try to get us back on an even keel as fast as we could.

    "I felt things needed to be done instantly. I felt we could start at the top where the salaries are higher and work down, stripping the club back to the bone and running it in a similar way to what we used to do.

    "That didn't happen because the decisions weren't mine to take."


    That is major development IMO. When the accounts are published in April 2020 we could have a clear picture of whether it is true that Jenkins took a 70% cut in salary when we were relegated. Many people have been saying it is disgusting that Jenkins and Pearlman continue to draw half a million pound salaries when everything else at the club has been slashed. But up until now we have not actually had any evidence of what’s happened to senior management pay since relegation. This is the first indication we have had that they have made voluntary cuts too.
  • Cadleigh said:
    StephenR said:
     & there is the rub, IF TRUE!  sounds like the Americans wont cut the overhead costs, why I wonder?

    And Jenkins says he offered to work on a voluntary basis to reduce the club's outgoings.

    "I had a 70% pay cut after relegation and for the last year, the majority of expenses working for the club I've paid myself," he said.

    "I also made an offer in July last year to work for nothing if we made more cutbacks. I was prepared to put a team of staff together to try to get us back on an even keel as fast as we could.

    "I felt things needed to be done instantly. I felt we could start at the top where the salaries are higher and work down, stripping the club back to the bone and running it in a similar way to what we used to do.

    "That didn't happen because the decisions weren't mine to take."


    That is major development IMO. When the accounts are published in April 2020 we could have a clear picture of whether it is true that Jenkins took a 70% cut in salary when we were relegated. Many people have been saying it is disgusting that Jenkins and Pearlman continue to draw half a million pound salaries when everything else at the club has been slashed. But up until now we have not actually had any evidence of what’s happened to senior management pay since relegation. This is the first indication we have had that they have made voluntary cuts too.
    but surely he is saying he wanted to, but it didn't happen
  • StephenR said:
    Cadleigh said:
    StephenR said:
     & there is the rub, IF TRUE!  sounds like the Americans wont cut the overhead costs, why I wonder?

    And Jenkins says he offered to work on a voluntary basis to reduce the club's outgoings.

    "I had a 70% pay cut after relegation and for the last year, the majority of expenses working for the club I've paid myself," he said.

    "I also made an offer in July last year to work for nothing if we made more cutbacks. I was prepared to put a team of staff together to try to get us back on an even keel as fast as we could.

    "I felt things needed to be done instantly. I felt we could start at the top where the salaries are higher and work down, stripping the club back to the bone and running it in a similar way to what we used to do.

    "That didn't happen because the decisions weren't mine to take."


    That is major development IMO. When the accounts are published in April 2020 we could have a clear picture of whether it is true that Jenkins took a 70% cut in salary when we were relegated. Many people have been saying it is disgusting that Jenkins and Pearlman continue to draw half a million pound salaries when everything else at the club has been slashed. But up until now we have not actually had any evidence of what’s happened to senior management pay since relegation. This is the first indication we have had that they have made voluntary cuts too.
    but surely he is saying he wanted to, but it didn't happen
    My understanding from what I’ve read, and from what you shared, is that Jenkins took a 70% pay cut from £500k a year to £150k, and stopped claiming expenses (mostly) but could not persuade Pearlman to do so. Maybe I got that wrong? 

    After the executive chairperson and the commercial director I would expect the next highest paid executives to be the FD, legal director and HRD, not counting the manager and coaching staff.
  • StephenR said:
    Cadleigh said:
    StephenR said:
     & there is the rub, IF TRUE!  sounds like the Americans wont cut the overhead costs, why I wonder?

    And Jenkins says he offered to work on a voluntary basis to reduce the club's outgoings.

    "I had a 70% pay cut after relegation and for the last year, the majority of expenses working for the club I've paid myself," he said.

    "I also made an offer in July last year to work for nothing if we made more cutbacks. I was prepared to put a team of staff together to try to get us back on an even keel as fast as we could.

    "I felt things needed to be done instantly. I felt we could start at the top where the salaries are higher and work down, stripping the club back to the bone and running it in a similar way to what we used to do.

    "That didn't happen because the decisions weren't mine to take."


    That is major development IMO. When the accounts are published in April 2020 we could have a clear picture of whether it is true that Jenkins took a 70% cut in salary when we were relegated. Many people have been saying it is disgusting that Jenkins and Pearlman continue to draw half a million pound salaries when everything else at the club has been slashed. But up until now we have not actually had any evidence of what’s happened to senior management pay since relegation. This is the first indication we have had that they have made voluntary cuts too.
    but surely he is saying he wanted to, but it didn't happen
    Just re-read the interview and what Jenkins said is he took a 70% pay cut and offered to work for free if other senior executives took a pay cut too but that last bit didn’t happen, so reading between the lines I think what I said above is fair
  • Oh cadleigh such bad language, I think I've touched a raw nerve. Protesting too much I think. But all I'm doing though pal is putting you right re PC. 
    Cadleigh
  • Cadleigh said:
    Got to disagree with some of that, Gary.

    How does a club with a £100m+ turnover end up being £13m in the red? Pretty easy if one of your star players, that you were banking on selling for a profit, knackers their cruciate ligament, or you have to go to the market in January for panic buys because your manager has wasted your transfer kitty on players who don't deliver the goods.

    Is the current squad worth £60m? Well not sure about last Saturday's starting XI but Connor, Joe, Mike, Dan, Matt, Oli, Bersant, Leroy - got to be worth the best part of £60m between them.

    It may be, as Colin said, that there are a load of lies in that interview. I am not qualified to judge. But if it's true as he says that decisions like the Laudrup sacking were collective board decisions it puts a completely different perspective on the last decade. We all thought it was the Huw Jenkins show, first and last. Maybe it was more complicated than that.

    What it brought home to me once again was how much damage Paul Clement did. That was the nail in our coffin.
    I suppose what gets me is that with every interview - no wonder he didn't do many in his last couple of years - he reveals just a little more detail. We all thought he sold Shelvey in Jan 16 to address cashflow problems, because he admitted that himself. Now, it is plainly obvious that the real reason was a hulking great big £13m overdraft to clear. You can cite any number of reasons you want, but the fact is, he was financially irresponsible and as Chairman it happened on his watch and so he carries the can.

    As for the value of our squad, I can't see how on this planet any of those 8 players you mention would fetch anywhere near £7.5m each. I'd price Dan at around £5m seeing as that's what Leeds were rumoured to be willing to pay, but the rest I think you'd do well to get £3-4m for any of them. Each to their own I guess. 

    I don't buy his Laudrup story personally. Laudrup had to go, he'd lost the dressing room. If he was the only one on the board who couldn't see that, then that kind of explains the mess he made of the next 4 appointments.

    I agree that Clement was awful, didn't have a clue how to react to losing Siggy and Llorente and the football was dire, but I think any manager would have struggled in that situation. Those two were the only reason we survived the year before. He was shafted really. 
  • Don’t disagree with any of that except to say the £13m overdraft is just a question of language really. That window they needed a cash injection or they’d have had to go cap in hand to the banks and either faced punitive interest rates or had to mortgage some of our best players. It would have been a disaster for our credit rating and our credibility. Fortunately Shelley was no great loss - if you were there are Oxford away in the cup it was clear he had to go. 
  • I detect the murmurings of a new autobiography in the making in his interviews. I wonder what reception it will receive?
    Am I right in saying that Laudrup lost the dressing room because of the attitude of the stalwart players and that this would have been put right had he drafted in the players that he wanted? I do get the feeling, with who he had already brought in, that he was building something special. It really felt like it was a work in progress at the time yet to reach its full potential.
  • "We have probably got another £20-30 million in players who are out on loan, then we have the current squad.


    Whose wages we are subsiding and we can’t even give away!


     “If he is given time and the fans support him as they have, I'm sure he will bring the club success."


    He’s got the support of the fans but unless the hedge fund you sold to for financial gain don’t support him then he won’t bring success and will no doubt walk away!


  • deekay said:
    Cadleigh said:


    How does a club with a £100m+ turnover end up being £13m in the red? Pretty easy if one of your star players, that you were banking on selling for a profit, knackers their cruciate ligament, or you have to go to the market in January for panic buys because your manager has wasted your transfer kitty on players who don't deliver the goods.

    Which manager would that be ? Who was the DoF signing off on signings such as Baston, Mesa, Ayew2, Bony2, Gomis, Clucas, etc ? Players who contributed nothing but cost a fortune. 
    The same one who brought in or nurtured Connor, Joe, Mike, Dan, Matt, Oli, Bersant, Leroy, Grimes, Byers and a whole host of talent yet to come through.

    And Michu, Fabianski, Ash, Leon, Hernandez, Gilfi, Bony (one good, one bad) and a who'll host of brilliant players, the likes we may never see again, my point is, you can't just add in the defamatory DOF when it goes wrong, it works two ways.

    He should have gone but maybe this summer, there is no succession plan whatsoever even though the Americans knew he was on a sticky wicked.
  • Don’t like that thought of “the likes we will never see again” comment Jollyboy. I would like to think that what was possible before will be possible once more. I try to be a glass half full type of person when it comes to the Swans but the club sometimes has a habit of turning that on its head with the situations we find ourselves in at times. At the moment I don’t like what’s on the horizon with these new (gradually becoming more old) owners. As it was with the old board us fans don’t have a control over or say of who they bring in next. That say in the form of the Trust was ignored during the previous sale and I’m pretty sure it will be the same again. On the player front, however, I am reasonably pleased with the academy boys. Who knows, their ongoing development may well bring about them as players living up to and matching the talents of those players you mentioned. So, glass half full for the on field situation, half empty with the off field state of play.
  • same old same old boring individuals trying to destroy the club because you're just bad losers. That is the glaring thing here to me, as an occasional poster. The cherry picking of failed transfers to fit in with the narrative, well done jollyboy for pointing this out. 
    Seems to be a fairly balanced interview but you can't bear it you bunch of moaners, because it goes against the grain of your absolute belief in your own theories. I told you Jenkins was on a much reduced wage after relegation...even lower than I'd suggested and because that info didn't fit the picture you'd decided on I was branded some kind of plant. That's the measure of you dimwits
    All of the dissenters on here would rather be proved correct than to see the team flourish. You don't even realise your ongoing griping is one of the real reasons this club is destabilised. There has to be some form of balance now or we could see scenes we see up and down the country of fans protesting their boards because of perceived mistakes. Everywhere there are  fans demanding success in the lottery of a competitive game. the group minset...and usually from the least able to employ critical thinking.
    That interview rings completely true...all this crap about the buck stops with HJ when it was a group board decision on important matters especially since the Americans arrived.
    The share issue is being addressed, there needs to be olive branches offered and taken to get us on an even keel.
    What this whole episode has revealed to me over relegation is that on this board there are some divisive types who love to run with something even though they don't have any facts....just rumour, suspicion and a very negative outlook suffices and a pessimistic group of the like minded to reinforce their outlook. 

    I hope you all take a good look at yourselves objectively, but doubt that'll happen. too arrogant, too absolutist and too negative and all of you back slapping each other and shouting down anyone else with a differing opinion. 
    Cue the same rabble now with their expletive driven denials in response. Be my guest, give it your best shot. One thing I can assure you is I see it clearly from a distance whereas you lot are too busy being pumped up on bile to notice how ridiculous you all are as you infect these boards daily
    And Colin try giving us some facts to back up your post....which lies are we talking about here?
  • Cadleigh said:
    Don’t disagree with any of that except to say the £13m overdraft is just a question of language really. That window they needed a cash injection or they’d have had to go cap in hand to the banks and either faced punitive interest rates or had to mortgage some of our best players. It would have been a disaster for our credit rating and our credibility. Fortunately Shelley was no great loss - if you were there are Oxford away in the cup it was clear he had to go. 
    he was like 'poetry' in motion sometimes ;)
  • Why doesn't he admit the transfers at the end of 2016/17 were not just mistakes but disastrous and eclipsed anything previously. The board should have tried to sell the idea to those three that they needed to stay and build on the mistakes, after all, Siggi was going to a club who wasn't going to win anything, lorientte was second fiddle to Harry Kane and Cork to a similar club as ours, the reality 70M coming in, they knew they were going yet Burnley bought Cork before selling their players, we didn't have the owners who bought first before selling, that's shrewd investment paying low, then selling high, replacements before departures, they couldn't even invest their own money on that,
    The replacements are somewhat questionable including the fees bandied about.
    The loan fee for Tammy is probably correct about 1M and his wages at the time no more than 25K, he is only on 47K now at Villa and a full England International.
    Messa we apparently paid 11M for someone no one had heard off and no other bidders, that fee is debateable 
    Boja Baston  16M another no one had heard about, not exactly Madrid or Barcelona another no one else bid for.
    Clucas, a relegated player once again bought from a club that no other team wanted, 16M I find that extremely hard to believe and to make it worse we give them Kingsley who played in a similar position and was breaking in to the team, I think Hull got a great deal if the press is to be believed.
    Sanches loan fee of 7M never in a million years, Munich couldn't rid of him quick enough he made 7 appearances either as sub or being subbed.
    Ayew from Villa 5M probably correct but another no one wanted, a relegated player again and a player Villa couldn't get shot of quick enough, the dressing room and fans hated him.
    Bony for 12M possibly but someone City wanted rid of and a player that had 27 full appearances in 3 years, also a possible disagreement about his age when he was signed by City.
    Due diligence done on players absolutely none..
    But the books look good 70M in 67M out very convenient, so just bad business in the transfer market then.
    But people forget although only 3M profit on those shall we say shady dealings at best.
    Clucus was then sold for 6M, Messa 5M and the rest are wages off the books, we now have player transfer profits of 14M add to that 15M for Mawson, 4M Fernadez, 4M Fab.
    That's just a trading profit of 37M since they have been here.
    The sky money alone more than covers even their inflated wages of 99M that they wont disclose in their 2 years in the Premiership.
    37M profit on players minimum, 28M from investors 21M a year sky money more than wages (42M) and 16M 2 years season ticket money
    How much of this filtered off to pay off Jenkins and crew, why wont they disclose anything on breakdowns, perhaps some of the answers are above.
    Some will say its not as simple as that, there are instalments etc, etc, etc, managers pay offs etc, etc, but nothing like these figures.
    Even on the figures bandied about we had far more coming in than going out in the 2 years, the total profit on players in the premiership is 61M these **** accounted for 37M of that in 18 Months.
    We now have a wage bill on players of about 10M Championship money is 15M, where is all this money going.
    Jenkins, never mind bleating in the press, how hard done by you are, you have the answers to everything, you know the exact amounts, you signed all of them off, give answers not excuses
  • Welcome back Pablo, it’s good to read your view, although so many fans from your standing have come to realise that ‘your so called moaners’ have mostly been proved right.

    The destroying of the club began when Jenkins, assisted by Martin Morgan following the sacking of Laudrup, along with an inept scouting network felt they were capable of dealing with agents themselves rather than rogues like Tutumulu. Yes, they made some good purchases, but they also made some horrendous mistakes that eventually culminated in relegation. It’s not about being bad losers, I can take a loss, but what I cannot accept is people being unaccountable season after season.

    Whatever salary Jenkins or even Pearlman is on, is what has been gleaned from the annual balance sheets and I have gone on record that whatever figures are quoted on forums for salaries, transfer fees etc., are purely guestimates in my opinion.

    If you honestly think ‘thick skinned’ individuals like Jenkins and Morgan let alone professional football people are de-stabilised by fans moaning and demanding the truth be told, then you perhaps need to talk to professional people of the football world and hear how hard nosed the profession actually is. In modern society there might be plenty of room for snowflakes, but not in any professional sport.

    Personally speaking I don’t demand success, but what I do demand is professionalism right across the board at my football club, especially when the company is turning over £120m a year and responsible for the employment of over 350 personnel. And if you can’t see that individuals have let the club down then that is your problem. The buck has always stopped with Jenkins as far as player recruitment is concerned but ask yourself why wasn’t anything done about it over the last couple of seasons when not only clowns of managers were employed, but also  piss poor players. There is only one common denominator.

    It’s your opinion if you think I am divisive, and it’s my opinion if I think you are one of the ‘rose tinted’ brigade who won’t have anything said about the club or individuals employed by the club. Unlike many, my posts are based on my opinion and facts, but where do facts lie when somebody like yourself doesn’t believe any fact that is said about the club and individuals.

    Whichever way you can be perceived as a poster, you don’t appear to understand what is wrong with some of your statements. “The share situation is being addressed.” Is it? The last I was told is that the Yanks are refusing to attend mediation. What don’t you believe about Jenkins being caught out when he denied there wasn’t an original share agreement document set out years back. 



    enaitch
  • I bet Pablo is one of those “ In Huw we trust “ brigade that believe that a meeting between Mr Penny Mr Keefe and Jenkins really did take place because Huw signed it off ... typical dimwit as he likes to call all who disagree with his garbage  :D
  • Pablo said:
    same old same old boring individuals trying to destroy the club because you're just bad losers. That is the glaring thing here to me, as an occasional poster. The cherry picking of failed transfers to fit in with the narrative, well done jollyboy for pointing this out. 
    Seems to be a fairly balanced interview but you can't bear it you bunch of moaners, because it goes against the grain of your absolute belief in your own theories. I told you Jenkins was on a much reduced wage after relegation...even lower than I'd suggested and because that info didn't fit the picture you'd decided on I was branded some kind of plant. That's the measure of you dimwits
    All of the dissenters on here would rather be proved correct than to see the team flourish. You don't even realise your ongoing griping is one of the real reasons this club is destabilised. There has to be some form of balance now or we could see scenes we see up and down the country of fans protesting their boards because of perceived mistakes. Everywhere there are  fans demanding success in the lottery of a competitive game. the group minset...and usually from the least able to employ critical thinking.
    That interview rings completely true...all this crap about the buck stops with HJ when it was a group board decision on important matters especially since the Americans arrived.
    The share issue is being addressed, there needs to be olive branches offered and taken to get us on an even keel.
    What this whole episode has revealed to me over relegation is that on this board there are some divisive types who love to run with something even though they don't have any facts....just rumour, suspicion and a very negative outlook suffices and a pessimistic group of the like minded to reinforce their outlook. 

    I hope you all take a good look at yourselves objectively, but doubt that'll happen. too arrogant, too absolutist and too negative and all of you back slapping each other and shouting down anyone else with a differing opinion. 
    Cue the same rabble now with their expletive driven denials in response. Be my guest, give it your best shot. One thing I can assure you is I see it clearly from a distance whereas you lot are too busy being pumped up on bile to notice how ridiculous you all are as you infect these boards daily
    And Colin try giving us some facts to back up your post....which lies are we talking about here?
    We live in a world of blame, someone has to be responsible, the fans have got their wish, Jenkins has gone but who's next? the COO, the Financial controller, the clubs legal bods or anyone with an American accent, whoever, the fans don't care there's a scent of blood and they'll keep chipping away until they bring the club down like a pack of cards. CAREFUL WHAT WE WISH FOR FFS
    My stance has never been to defend Jenkins but Ive always said to keep him in situ until an adequate replacement is found, a succession plan was needed early on but wasn't thought necessary. Its the same with any of the above that move on, we need someone to replace them or the club will collapse.
    The sale was handled badly with his nibs signing a pre sale agreement in December 2015 and only letting the Trust know in March 2016 plus the last number of transfer windows which, quite frankly, have been a disaster. The problem, as I see it is, since 2016, Jenkins has had autonomy and with that he had no one to sound out, Steve Penny, his legal advisor, gone, Don Keefe, his financial director gone, a board that would say yay or nay, gone, and replaced by owners who lacked experience, he was left to his own devises, believed in his own hype and got it badly wrong.
    enaitch
  • Face Facts, they show X amounts in Y amount out, no one knows how this is broken down.
    If the amounts on transfers is correct then we sold 61M more than we bought for in 7 years.
    We are told that in one year 2016 we paid out 99M in wages, we can read what the papers say we paid on players wages approx. 53M what we don't know is where the other 46M went as its never been disclosed, that's all we know that there are 100 new employees from somewhere.
    We know we had 120M off the premier league, we know we had 8M season ticket sales, that year.
     we know that at the end of that season we sold 70M and even listening to the inflated rhetoric from the owners we bought 67m.
    They are like magicians, they make money disappear, if, if,if, they really did make such truly disastrous mistakes and spent more on whatever, let us know what it was used for.
    Fiddling on a massive scale, no other words for it, scandalous even after relegation they are still up on transfers, down on players wages well below anyone in the top half of the championship.
    Its not poor vision, poor decisions, it was calculated, make a massive amount by staying up, make a killing going down, they could never lose and they haven't.
    I am sure many have accused them publicly of dishonesty, they have never taken anyone to court, to do so would mean disclosure to prove they haven't done anything wrong.
    Jenkins and Morgan need to hang their heads in shame for landing these unscrupulous people on our doorsteps by making millions   
    SeaJack
  • edited February 12
    Pablo said:
    same old same old boring individuals trying to destroy the club because you're just bad losers. That is the glaring thing here to me, as an occasional poster. The cherry picking of failed transfers to fit in with the narrative, well done jollyboy for pointing this out. 
    Seems to be a fairly balanced interview but you can't bear it you bunch of moaners, because it goes against the grain of your absolute belief in your own theories. I told you Jenkins was on a much reduced wage after relegation...even lower than I'd suggested and because that info didn't fit the picture you'd decided on I was branded some kind of plant. That's the measure of you dimwits
    All of the dissenters on here would rather be proved correct than to see the team flourish. You don't even realise your ongoing griping is one of the real reasons this club is destabilised. There has to be some form of balance now or we could see scenes we see up and down the country of fans protesting their boards because of perceived mistakes. Everywhere there are  fans demanding success in the lottery of a competitive game. the group minset...and usually from the least able to employ critical thinking.
    That interview rings completely true...all this crap about the buck stops with HJ when it was a group board decision on important matters especially since the Americans arrived.
    The share issue is being addressed, there needs to be olive branches offered and taken to get us on an even keel.
    What this whole episode has revealed to me over relegation is that on this board there are some divisive types who love to run with something even though they don't have any facts....just rumour, suspicion and a very negative outlook suffices and a pessimistic group of the like minded to reinforce their outlook. 

    I hope you all take a good look at yourselves objectively, but doubt that'll happen. too arrogant, too absolutist and too negative and all of you back slapping each other and shouting down anyone else with a differing opinion. 
    Cue the same rabble now with their expletive driven denials in response. Be my guest, give it your best shot. One thing I can assure you is I see it clearly from a distance whereas you lot are too busy being pumped up on bile to notice how ridiculous you all are as you infect these boards daily
    And Colin try giving us some facts to back up your post....which lies are we talking about here?
    Rag week, Pabs?
Sign In or Register to comment.