Football betting site Betway

Arabs

2»

Comments

• Correct me if I’m wrong but, by my recollections the club was in the black to the tune of a whacking great £50mil in our first season in the top flight. That figure doesn’t include the amounts for the sales of players and compo for Brendan Rogers before we embarked on our second season. The money already there to sustain the club was augmented handsomely by these sales so how on Earth it went from one extreme to another in a relatively short space of time is quite staggering. All this before even introducing the TV money into the mix at the end of the first season. I’ve never got my head around the disappearance of that healthy £50mil nest egg that the club was sitting on when the final whistle blew on that Wembley play off final.
  • J4cka said:
    SeaJack:
    Couldnt agree more. I can’t believe the government hasn’t banned them all from TV. I know it’ll never happen though, because the betting industry has too many fingers in the tax pie. 
    Never mind we’ve got a nice big sponsorship deal  out of it, so that’s ok isn’t it????
    Never say never, the drinks and tobacco industries where bigger I'd say and they got banned, it take public pressure and it could happen. Personally I've never had a problem with advertising as I've never felt influenced in any way, just missed some funny adverts over the years, but I do have a problem with the amount of adverts in sport (maybe not intentionally) directed at children who have to much unrestricted access on line.
  • SeaJack said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong but, by my recollections the club was in the black to the tune of a whacking great £50mil in our first season in the top flight. That figure doesn’t include the amounts for the sales of players and compo for Brendan Rogers before we embarked on our second season. The money already there to sustain the club was augmented handsomely by these sales so how on Earth it went from one extreme to another in a relatively short space of time is quite staggering. All this before even introducing the TV money into the mix at the end of the first season. I’ve never got my head around the disappearance of that healthy £50mil nest egg that the club was sitting on when the final whistle blew on that Wembley play off final.
    Funny I've always thought similar, if we listen to a lot of the crap coming out of the club the Americans must have bought into a dept ridden club the way they go on.
  • @Mark_Jack_London The Oxford definition of racism is as follows...The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    In short that all people of a certain ethnicity ALL share the same qualities or lack thereof.
    See the attached link for a list of the top Arab philanthropists as a concrete example of Arabs who are moral leaders top-middle-east-philanthropists-and-foundations-announced.
    Your assertion that ALL Arabs are unfit conflicts with my opinion that certain Arab investors would be welcomed (see the list in the attachment).
    As you know I respect and largely agree with your views, BUT by the definition above - yes I am calling you a racist on this occasion.
    barry
  • Not the racist bomb again.  No one ever wins in these arguments.  The rich Arabs Coming to rescue us, is probably all bollocks by Jenkins anyway. A ploy to take the heat off his duplicitous arse, before the Trust do.  
    barry
  • Think I will take a punt on the euro jackpot (whilst we still can). 
    If I win I will buy the club and see it run properly again.
    Genuine downside though, I did go to an American school for a few years, whilst living in the middle East..... But worse still, I now live the eastern side of the river...... That's probably everyone's worst nightmares!!!
  • Notice no follow up on the news on this. Another nothing story probably.
  • J4cka said:
    Not the racist bomb again.  No one ever wins in these arguments.  The rich Arabs Coming to rescue us, is probably all bollocks by Jenkins anyway. A ploy to take the heat off his duplicitous arse, before the Trust do.  
    Not a bomb @J4cka and I am not arguing anything - I am just calling out race based comments when I see them. Canada is a melting pot and I work with many Arab and Muslim professionals - many of them in a hospital where an entire campus was funded by the philanthropy of an Arab (Dr Tayfour) https://windsorstar.com/health/new-tower-building-at-tayfour-campus-dedicated-today.
     I would be embarrassed to show them a thread entitled "Arabs" where poster after poster rip into their ethnic group based on the wrong doings of Arab leaders. Many of the Arabs in Canada fled regimes where the excesses described are very real - so YES there are many Arabs that are unfit to be associated with our club. I would expect and hope that due diligence is followed through next time and we attract the sort of leadership we need/deserve wherever it comes from.
    barry
  • you cause the fight against racism no end of harm with yourvplatitudes.

by accusing me a racist - a defamatory accusation I will flag to the moderators as I am very pissed off about it - you call amnesty international racists too.

I thought you were a fairly intelligent poster. but actually you are a lot of a ****.
  • MJL In my opinion was not posting racist remarks.

More highlighting issues that  exist in parts of the Middle East.....
    I have to say though that although they do exist there are very few occasions. It is just that they are highlighted by the press and tv

The reality is it can be the same in many parts of the world.
    That does not mean it is right just actually not nearly as bad as the press and tv would have you believe.
    I know as I have lived here in Dubai 11 years and the Emirati people are some of the nicest friendliest people I have ever met.

I would rather be here than in Wind Street on a Saturday night.

It has to be noted that we have all said quite defamatory things about the Yanks too at least the Yank owners.
    Some of the things I have seen on Twitter could be if held up in court provide some people with risk of prison for antisocial abuse

None of which make anyone racists.
    Plenty of Slander and Libel goes on on here and other sites in reality  
    But:
    There needs to be common sense applied to posts and responses.
    Too easy for individuals to be keyboard warriors and criticise others opinions in any form.

About time everyone respected the right to everyone having their opinion whether we agree with it or not.

That said Get those Yankee sheisters out

Mark_Jack_LondonDubDragon
  • B) Perhaps if Utd aren't interested !  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/la-liga/manchester-united-receive-whopping-£38bn-takeover-bid-from-saudi-crown-prince-mohammad-bin-salman-who-hopes-to-tempt-glazers-into-selling-the-club-before-next-season/ar-BBTGqdj?ocid=spartandhp
  • https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/la-liga/manchester-united-receive-whopping-£38bn-takeover-bid-from-saudi-crown-prince-mohammad-bin-salman-who-hopes-to-tempt-glazers-into-selling-the-club-before-next-season/ar-BBTGqdj?ocid=spartandhp   
  • StephenR said:
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/la-liga/manchester-united-receive-whopping-£38bn-takeover-bid-from-saudi-crown-prince-mohammad-bin-salman-who-hopes-to-tempt-glazers-into-selling-the-club-before-next-season/ar-BBTGqdj?ocid=spartandhp   

Sorry cant make link work,  but I am sure you get the gist from the title
  • Him being implicated in the murder of Jamal Khashoggi means that I’d be disturbed by the prospect of him being anywhere near the club in whatever capacity. No thank you. I think Jackarmee would be on the same page with this one.
  • @Mark_Jack_London calm down - I am just flagging up the point that a whole stack of bad arabs do not make all arabs bad - you can decide for yourself (on your own conscience) whether i am tagging you as racist. Just that the definition I posted is a dictionary definition warning that defining the character or worthiness of ALL of a certain ethnicity based on the bad works of some/several/many is not fair on those who present a different face. Moderators I will happily accept any sanction if you feel I have overstepped.
    If you can point me to an amnesty international report that says that ALL Arabs are murderers crooks or evil then knock yourself out - I think you will struggle. 
    As i say - it is due diligence on the intention of the individuals that is crucial no matter what their ethnicity - and that is my only point.

• Plus I would confidently say that very few people who know me would accuse me of talking platitudes - I am a very easy going guy who speaks from the heart - and honestly.
    If I see something I don't like am I supposed to just ignore and move on? I respect you @Mark_Jack_London as one of the group of most informed and well spoken posters on the Site - but nobody is 100% right 100% of the time, and that is perfectly ok. As is presenting a contrary view or argument.
    We will not always agree, but we should always be friendly and connected to the same cause STID.