Straw poll

Webmaster, is there any way of doing a straw poll 

1 Sustainability where we fund ourselves

2 Sugar Daddy who funds us

I prefer option 1 although option 2 has its merits
Mark_Jack_London

Comments

• I am with you Jolly. 

we dont need a billionaire. we need someone with common sense managing the club off the pitch, and experts running it on. 

That means a proper DoF who looks across the whole club. 

Works with coaches across the age groups to make sure that we are playing to the same principles, so the step up is less easier than walking into a completely different style and environment.

Coaches who are able to feed into the recruitment and retention process, as well as the scouting department.

And a business people off the pitch who are savvy financially not to over stretch, and able to manage short term funding/cashflow situations when they arise. but they should not be a norm, as they had become.

But there is one billionaire, however that seems to fit that criteria, and that's Steve Landsdown, owner of Bristol City. 

He's built a new stadium. Stuck with Lee Johnson for 3 years, despite some ups and downs, and they have built a decent team and philosophy on the pitch.

• Mark,
    Bristol born Steve Lansdown of financial services company Hargreaves & Lansdown is also involved in Bristol Rugby Club. Some info on him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23501929

• Knows Jenkins well, even admires him, don't be shocked if he turns up there one day
  • Local billionaire?
    Do we have one?
    Barnsley model where we sell everything that anybody wants to buy, get relegated to division 1 and promoted back to Championship all the while practising Moneyball and talent spotting overlooked youngsters we can give a profile to and then sell on at a big profit
    Is that the extent of what you get from a locally owned club without a Sugar Daddy - itself a mug's game as like Sam Hammam they always want all their money back ( with interest) - in the end?

Local football mad billionaire please
  • There was a time when a millionaire could own a PL football club, now you need to be a billionaire, we were the odd exception, I dare say there are one or two others but you get found out in the end as you can't always finance deals and if you make mistakes chasing the dream its curtains
  • I'm all for the first scenario but I would also prefer an Arab owner over the current incumbents.

But , irrespective of whether it's a homegrown organic model or the sugar daddy approach, neither should include HJ. I believe that his resignation/removal is something that needed to happen in order for us to "move on" and any return in any capacity whatsoever would be a totally retrograde step in the extreme - any future re-emergence would be like the final scene of Carrie  :o
    SeaJack
  • Self funded sustainability for me.
    Coupled with identity and by the fans for the fans.
    I believe it is still possible, as we have shown once. 
    I appreciate it is a romantic notion, but the blue print we still hold!

• jollyboy said:
    Webmaster, is there any way of doing a straw poll 

1 Sustainability where we fund ourselves

2 Sugar Daddy who funds us

I prefer option 1 although option 2 has its merits
    We've added a poll feature to the forum now @jollyboy ; :+1: