Blackpool Fans Show The Way

Congratulations to the few fans at Blackpool that organised and finally won the battle to oust the terrible owners that inflicted their once proud club, they did everything from marches to boycotts and next week they will have a huge party before their home game against Southend. to celebrate getting their club back.

Football outside the prem is in turmoil  we are not the only club with bad owners who have no love for the club they own and are in it for what they can get. But in Blackpool we have a candle in the dark. 

is it time for all fans across the country to unite under some kind of banner , ? forming a supporters trust for example? led by our Trust ? I recall being part of a supporters leuge in early 80,s it was sponserd by a tabloid and we would play other supporters before the main event. and played for points and a cup ! we beat Brighton away to top it and beat Cardiff twice .Recall playiing all over the country  it can be done 

what do you guys think?

Comments

• I don't know what the answer is but far too many great clubs are being led to rack and ruin - Charlton, Coventry, Notts County to to name a few more. 

The only thing for absolutely certain is that the so called 'Fit and Proper Persons Test' is an absolute joke. Not worth the paper it is written on. That's the most worrying thing for me - the people who are meant to be the guardians of the game don't give a shit. Yet they're quite happy to whack clubs with 10 point deductions when the owners they failed to veto turn out to be shysters. It's wrong.  
    bigoak
  • Gary,
    taking over a football club can be seen as an ego trip or a way to make money by so many, yet we can all look back to the time when EVERY supporter of our club took enormous pride in the manner in which our club was led from the trapdoor of despair, wouldn't spend what it didn't have in the bank, yet rose to sit at the top table of the game in European football. Now, we are no different to any club and looking over our shoulder waiting for the next bill to arrive on the doorstep.

How long will the 'hard medicine' last, nobody knows and one can only guess, but it only proves that one thing, and that is, once success is achieved and complacency sets in, at any club, that is the time to worry.

bigoakgarythenotrashcougar
  • For “hard medicine” read austerity. It’s the same narrative read from the same script only the wording has been changed. I am suspicious of the owners and the message of ill fortune they bring. The financial crash that led to austerity began in 2008. 10 years on and we are still paying the price. For how long will they state that we as a club are in the doldrums financially?
  • SeaJack said:
    For “hard medicine” read austerity. It’s the same narrative read from the same script only the wording has been changed. I am suspicious of the owners and the message of ill fortune they bring. The financial crash that led to austerity began in 2008. 10 years on and we are still paying the price. For how long will they state that we as a club are in the doldrums financially?
    We are all suspicious of our owners but I am realistic to believe what they say about hard medicine, about the real financial problems which many can't believe is there. How long for though, for me, depends totally on relieving the club of the high earners and the debt to other clubs from piss poor player recruitment.

Not sure if you are right about, "financial crash that led to austerity began in 2008. 10 years on and we are still paying the price." From 2008 to 2014 the club was continuing on an upward curve, post Laudrup it started to change.
  • Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was the global financial crash which is still being felt to this day. Just making a comparison between the political/economical message that has been put out there since and what the owners are now saying about us since the start of this season. Namely that we haven’t got a pot to pee in so brace yourselves for austerity.
  • There are a few ways to bring back success and one is to throw money at it in the hope that who ever you buy, fits our club but for me promoting youngsters with the odd foray into the transfer market is the way to go, live within our means is exactly what our owners are doing. We are not spending money we haven't got, and that has to be applauded.
    Halfway in the championship and a quarter-final cup appearance is not too shoddy, removing the head of the snake will do nothing for us unless we have someone to step into the breach.

Colin, I slightly disagree with you on Laudrup, he had given up when he was fired, his heart wasn't in it, now I'm not sure whether that was because HJ had cut out his agent or whether he was just following a pattern (two years at any one club) what can be said is that he brought in some talented players and winning the cup will live with most of us forever.
  • jollyboy said:
    There are a few ways to bring back success and one is to throw money at it in the hope that who ever you buy, fits our club but for me promoting youngsters with the odd foray into the transfer market is the way to go, live within our means is exactly what our owners are doing. We are not spending money we haven't got, and that has to be applauded.
    Halfway in the championship and a quarter-final cup appearance is not too shoddy, removing the head of the snake will do nothing for us unless we have someone to step into the breach.

Colin, I slightly disagree with you on Laudrup, he had given up when he was fired, his heart wasn't in it, now I'm not sure whether that was because HJ had cut out his agent or whether he was just following a pattern (two years at any one club) what can be said is that he brought in some talented players and winning the cup will live with most of us forever.
    The break-up in the relationship between the club and Tutumulu was the significant factor in Laudrup appearing to lose interest despite an exciting run in Europe.

I gave that period as just an indication of when the wheels started coming off.
  • SeaJack said:
    Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was the global financial crash which is still being felt to this day. Just making a comparison between the political/economical message that has been put out there since and what the owners are now saying about us since the start of this season. Namely that we haven’t got a pot to pee in so brace yourselves for austerity.
    I got what you meant first time round and I agree 100% - it's the language that people in positions of power use to justify the imposition of unnecessary misery on the masses. 

Ok - that's possibly a bit melodramatic in our scenario (after all this is only football let's not forget) but it is a very valid comparison.

What fascinates me the most is how so many people willingly swallow this language of austerity hook line and sinker, with no apparent ability to think critically.

But then, that's how they get away with it I guess.
  • jollyboy said:
    There are a few ways to bring back success and one is to throw money at it in the hope that who ever you buy, fits our club but for me promoting youngsters with the odd foray into the transfer market is the way to go, live within our means is exactly what our owners are doing. We are not spending money we haven't got, and that has to be applauded.

The break-up in the relationship between the club and Tutumulu was the significant factor in Laudrup appearing to lose interest despite an exciting run in Europe.

I gave that period as just an indication of when the wheels started coming off.
    And Garry came in, avoided the drop and we came 8th the following season, some wheels.
    As a club it was always recognised that GM would become our manager at some point, ideally, his first foray should have been as an assistant to someone with more experience.
    I've never been one to apportion blame against GM, he was a rookie and maybe too headstrong for his own good but that first year there was talk of him becoming the next England manager for the terrific work he done with Swansea.
  • HJ told a friend of mine that Laudrup has a plan when he was at every club. That was to win/concentrate on a particular trophy every season.

His 2nd season he was aiming to win the Europa, and I have no doubts if he has been at the helm when we played Napoli, we would have beaten them over the two legs.

Whether we would have been good enough to have beaten either finalist, Sevilla or Benfica is another matter.

But Colin is 100%. the fallout between Tutumlu and Jenkins dented his enthusiasm for sure, as he didnt feel he had the players in the squad to do the job. January window was proof of that when Jenkins brought in Ngog, despite being warned that he was finished by people in the know.
  • Jollyboy,
    as Mark has explained the writing was on the wall when HJ was left to his own devices when he decided he would take over the player recruitment duties and dealing with agents.
    The season we finished in 8th place was a complete false dawn for the club, as our identity on the field deteriorated, and apart from Gylfi the treadmill to relegation was starting to speed up.
  • ML acted like a spoilt kid, he wouldn’t deal with infighting in the dressing room (Chico and Monk), saying that he was not the players father, he even went off to Paris when he should have been on the team bus coming back from a bad result at West Ham knowing there was unrest and Chico embarrassing the club with his antics.
    like most, I thought a lot of ML but he had lost interest in Swansea and had to go IMO
  • HJ told a friend of mine that Laudrup has a plan when he was at every club. That was to win/concentrate on a particular trophy every season.

His 2nd season he was aiming to win the Europa, and I have no doubts if he has been at the helm when we played Napoli, we would have beaten them over the two legs.

Whether we would have been good enough to have beaten either finalist, Sevilla or Benfica is another matter.

But Colin is 100%. the fallout between Tutumlu and Jenkins dented his enthusiasm for sure, as he didnt feel he had the players in the squad to do the job. January window was proof of that when Jenkins brought in Ngog, despite being warned that he was finished by people in the know.
    His enthusiasm was dented because Jenkins stopped using just one agent, most agents would suggest players but ML would only sign them if his agent was involved, says it all really.
    Before Michu signed he had another agent, she was muscled out by your man.

Ngog was a january panic buy...but not brought in by HJ......in fact HJ only signed cheques...he never ever brought in players. That is the job of scouts, agents and administrators. You make it sound as if N'gog was brought in specifically by HJ. We all know that is not true.
    JackaremebigoakMark_Jack_London
  • A DoF only signing cheques. Whatever next!!
  • Pablo

'We all know that is not true'

Please don't include me that. I can speak for myself, thank you !
  • Of course HJ bought in Ngog and Emnes we all know that he was recommended to him by Brenda before Danny Graham and HJ still thought he was good enough 3 years later ..
  • Pablo said:
    HJ told a friend of mine that Laudrup has a plan when he was at every club. That was to win/concentrate on a particular trophy every season.

Ngog was a january panic buy...but not brought in by HJ......in fact HJ only signed cheques...he never ever brought in players. That is the job of scouts, agents and administrators. You make it sound as if N'gog was brought in specifically by HJ. We all know that is not true.
    He was brought in SPECIFICALLY by Jenkins. He was warned off, but brushed aside the warning, saying he knew more. 
  • jollyboy said:
    HJ told a friend of mine that Laudrup has a plan when he was at every club. That was to win/concentrate on a particular trophy every season.

His enthusiasm was dented because Jenkins stopped using just one agent, most agents would suggest players but ML would only sign them if his agent was involved, says it all really.
    Before Michu signed he had another agent, she was muscled out by your man.
    Tutulmu us certainly not my man! some of the stuff I heard about him, is not pleasant. 

And as much as I loved Laudrup, I was there at West Ham, and called for him to go after than game. It was a shocking afternoon.

But I stand by him beating Napoli. They were there for the taking, and we missed the opportunity. And he was targeting that competition. They were Jenkins words to my friend at a social event.
  • Targeting that competition at the expense of our PL status, perhaps?
  • Pablo said:

Absolute bollocks from the biggest and most consistent contributor of utter bollocks on these boards since the departure of Ponty Jack.

Laughable.
    enaitch
  • Clearly Laudrup had more ambition than whoever was standing in his way at the time. Winning the Europa League as we know leads to competing in the Champions League. Now that would have have been a season to savour.
    bigoak
  • SeaJack said:
    Clearly Laudrup had more ambition than whoever was standing in his way at the time. Winning the Europa League as we know leads to competing in the Champions League. Now that would have have been a season to savour.
    Even if we got relegated?