Very refreshing view.

We’ve all seen it lately, both with him, and the team, with various poor 45 min halves. 
I think Connor is going to be be a top, modern wing back. 
In this day and age with player power, it’s very refreshing to hear his summing up, of his own form, and his willingness to improve. 
Make the most of him, he’ll be gone in the summer, after Trevor Birch does an ethnic type cleansing, of all our talented players. 
http://www.dai-sport.com/swansea-city-stalled-i-admits-connor-roberts/

Comments

  • Why did you have to spoil it?

    We are a selling club, but here's the rub, so is every other club in the world, get over it
    J4cka
  • Ok then, everything in the garden Is rosey.
    No one is leaving in the summer. 
    Our new, cuddly old uncle, Trevor,  is going to treble Daniel James,Rodon, Roberts, VDH, McBurnie’s wages, so that they stay. 
    And CBR is going to finish the season with 20 goals. 
    We end up in the playoffs. 
    Win the final. 
    Back in The Premiership. 
                     
                             THE END
    bigoak
  • J4cka are we going to Scotland then or going to play rugby in Ingerland?  I'd prefer the premier league!
  • Sorry BSJ, Like my wife keeps telling me, I must be thick, but that’s way over my head. 
  • J4cka, I've been a fan a long long time, this, to me is rosey, Swansea City is a business, if someone offers £10m for DJ, it has to be considered, he's a rookie with a dozen league games under his belt, not a proven 26 year old who does it week in week out, he has plenty of potential but no more ATM.

    Your entitlement pisses the crap out of me, lets get real, eh!

    One last thing, it's the Premier League we are aiming for, the so called best league in the world, I'd love to be there but being in with a chance is one hell of an achievement for a small club.



  • Until 2014 Swansea City was a footballing club, with most of the board members committed to providing the fans with a product that was entertaining and surviving.
    Not until then did business take priority over the team and the fans.
    Big money coming in turned heads, ego's changed and people started thinking like big businessmen believing in their own goals for success.
    I agree that for many years if not 60 years, that we had to sell local talent to survive but from 2011-2014 we were in a perfect place, vast amounts coming in and fractions going out, we had talented managers who were bringing in players like Michu, Chico for peanuts, players like Shelby for 5M selling for 12m, most decisions football thought through.
    Business, Business that's all I ever hear from those who attempt use previous decades to facilitate an excuse for the position we are in.
    Business decisions with our current owners will not help the fans, if we sell the only product we have left, our young talent, there is no way back. These are our only hope of staying in this division.
    Hoping that others will take their place will see attendances go down, so even less revenue.
    Our only hope now is that a wealthy single owner can see football as a challenge and look at success as the goal rather than money.
    Yes its a business but for the fans its far more, without owners that want the same, we will fail.
    The premier league attracts gamblers as owners to make money, they are detached from the fans, failure in making a fortune soon sees them dismantle clubs, leaving them in ruins.
    Trevor Birch as stated did OK at a few clubs in deep trouble but some have taken up to 10 years to see any sort of stability, Pompey, Leeds, have had misery before any resemblance of fan satisfaction, these guys are supposed to be rich, let them prove it with a little of their own investment, it would at least bring the fans back on their side
    EagleEye
  • Phillip said:
    Until 2014 Swansea City was a footballing club, with most of the board members committed to providing the fans with a product that was entertaining and surviving.
    Not until then did business take priority over the team and the fans.
    Big money coming in turned heads, ego's changed and people started thinking like big businessmen believing in their own goals for success.
    I agree that for many years if not 60 years, that we had to sell local talent to survive but from 2011-2014 we were in a perfect place, vast amounts coming in and fractions going out, we had talented managers who were bringing in players like Michu, Chico for peanuts, players like Shelby for 5M selling for 12m, most decisions football thought through.
    Business, Business that's all I ever hear from those who attempt use previous decades to facilitate an excuse for the position we are in.
    Business decisions with our current owners will not help the fans, if we sell the only product we have left, our young talent, there is no way back. These are our only hope of staying in this division.
    Hoping that others will take their place will see attendances go down, so even less revenue.
    Our only hope now is that a wealthy single owner can see football as a challenge and look at success as the goal rather than money.
    Yes its a business but for the fans its far more, without owners that want the same, we will fail.
    The premier league attracts gamblers as owners to make money, they are detached from the fans, failure in making a fortune soon sees them dismantle clubs, leaving them in ruins.
    Trevor Birch as stated did OK at a few clubs in deep trouble but some have taken up to 10 years to see any sort of stability, Pompey, Leeds, have had misery before any resemblance of fan satisfaction, these guys are supposed to be rich, let them prove it with a little of their own investment, it would at least bring the fans back on their side
    Phillip,
    you started off quite well in your summing up but your call for a wealthy, single person to take over the club is something many clubs want. But where are they. We had local people running the club before and we all know what happened there.

    Whether you like it or not, football is a business, but what accountable business people ensure is that people at the head of their departments give value for money in their roles. When the wage bill started creeping up from after the season we played in Europe, when we finished in our highest ever place in the PL, that is when finances, decision making went through the roof.  What you can't account for in business is  a secrecy for deceit and a desperation to cash in your chips when your stock is high.

    Ever since we achieved promotion to the PL we have utilised loans from the bank many times during a season as a way of paying our way and repaying the loan when PL money enters the club's coffers. We can look back in hindsight at the money spent on the academy and Fairwood training ground should never have been spent but if it wasn't for the academy and category 1 status the academy now enjoys, we would be in a far worse state than what we are now.

    The bottom line and one of the most important department's in any football club, especially ours is player recruitment and one just wonders if the blame can still be held at HJ's feet at new contracts to the likes of Biabi and Baker-Richardson, and if it can't, is it Potter?

    Somebody with a background that Trevor Birch possesses is desperately required at the club to assess and question every football decision in recent seasons, but my fears are is that the longer it takes to make the appointment I just wonder whether the terms of his contract are not to his liking and perhaps preventing him from making the forensic enquiries he demands. To get to the end of the season without that root and branch investigation is extremely worrying, not only for fans but also our management team.
  • So what you are saying is, we even borrowed money for the likes of Michu, Chico, Hernandez, Shelby (who came a little later), These players cost a total 13M, we still had the likes of Taylor and Davies who cost nothing, Ashleigh Williams, Rangel, all of whom were playing regularly, we were well within our means, winning the league cup and finishing 8th, OK we bought Bony for 12m after but at least we sold him for 28M, so nothing seemed so bad, after finishing 8th HJ and Monk decided to dismantle the team, made absolutely terrible decisions, started getting into debt before selling out.
    Pre 2014 we were getting cheap replacements before selling, managers were doing great recruitment, I have heard various rumours about the Spanish and Shelby causing disruption in the dressing room etc, well until Monk took the reigns, the players seemed to do OK, its the Chairman's job to get managers who can manage their players, that all failed, when HJ became DOF.
    So we had over 3 years of solvency, followed by 4 years of total mismanagement, which caused a failure on the field and financially.
    Our owners are not only incompetent in football terms but piss poor businessmen to boot.
    I sincerely hope Trevor Birch is clever Trevor, who can turn it around but I feel even if he is successful it will take years to get us even close 2010 standard 
  • Jacktar.  I don’t normally take the bait, as everyone is untitled to an opinion in a democratic society. 
    But wtf does “Your entitlement pisses the crap out of me, let’s get real, eh! “mean?

    ENTITLE:
    ADJECTIVE
    1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.


    i remember Workington beating us, I think 1-7 at the Vetch, on a rainy Tuesday night game, in the 60’s. 
    When I arrived home, I remember saying to my parents “ That’s my lot, I’m never going to watch The Swans ever again!!”
    but as soon as the next home came, it was a new dawn, and a new day, and I was there. 
    So don’t witter on about entitlement, most of my time supporting the Swans, meant that the only “entitlement” I was going to get, was  seeing us loose. 
    Your quite right in saying we are a selling club, always have been, always will, even when we were in the Premiership. 
    So ive had as many years as the next man/woman  to “Get over it”
    I was just stating the bleeding obvious, that
     our new uncle Trevor, will carry on that selling tradition in the summer. 
    So in answer to your question, I don’t feel entitled to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatments, I’m just pointing out, make the most of these talented youngsters, because they won’t be here come next season. 
    Thats when it’s going to get real.
  • Phillip,
    cash has always been tight, are you forgetting the Ipswich chairman Sheepshanks threatening to take us to court because we hadn’t paid for loan striker Priskin during the season we gained promotion to the PL
  • Colin.
    I am just saying that from 2011 to 2014 that all was good.
    Good managers good players, good recruitment, all the fans were loving it.
    I have looked at all the so called accounts placed on Companies House since the take over.
    These 3 years were particularly healthy, showing that employing good managers to get reasonably priced footballers not only succeeded on the field but in the bank, our turnover and gross income far exceeded our outgoings.
    HJ changed a flourishing club, into his own version of how a business should be run. He stopped listening to people who knew better. He sold out without listening to people who could see a disaster coming.
    How many good businessmen pay over 60M (apparently) for 79% of something that's supposedly losing money, have no idea of the product and keep installed someone who just made 2 years of mistakes, having faith in these people defies logic.
    Unless Trevor can find a buyer, how on earth can this club move forward, these people wont put anything in.
    They have brought in this guy to get the most out from what they have paid for the shares.
    Even without fiddling, they have taken back half of what they paid out by other investors.
    Every company who have sold all their assets have gone bust, our only assets are players, most of which are young, cost very little and paid low wages, to sell these off will be football suicide.
    As success dwindles, there will be more sales until there is nothing left.
    Remember one thing, all the clubs that Trevor has assisted have only gained anything by the new owners putting money into the football club.
  • J4cka said:
    Jacktar.  I don’t normally take the bait, as everyone is untitled to an opinion in a democratic society. 
    But wtf does “Your entitlement pisses the crap out of me, let’s get real, eh! “mean?

    ENTITLE:
    ADJECTIVE
    1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.


    i remember Workington beating us, I think 1-7 at the Vetch, on a rainy Tuesday night game, in the 60’s. 
    When I arrived home, I remember saying to my parents “ That’s my lot, I’m never going to watch The Swans ever again!!”
    but as soon as the next home came, it was a new dawn, and a new day, and I was there. 
    So don’t witter on about entitlement, most of my time supporting the Swans, meant that the only “entitlement” I was going to get, was  seeing us loose. 
    Your quite right in saying we are a selling club, always have been, always will, even when we were in the Premiership. 
    So ive had as many years as the next man/woman  to “Get over it”
    I was just stating the bleeding obvious, that
     our new uncle Trevor, will carry on that selling tradition in the summer. 
    So in answer to your question, I don’t feel entitled to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatments, I’m just pointing out, make the most of these talented youngsters, because they won’t be here come next season. 
    Thats when it’s going to get real.
    It is the Premier League J4cka, the premiership is rugby or what Celtic and Rangers play in north of the border, Uncle Trevor, as you call him hasn't even been announced and you are telling us what he's going to do, yes, we'll sell but only if its right for Swansea City, Dan James at £10m is probably right, he's a rookie and that type of money will keep the conveyor belt rolling. I hope we can move ABBA on so that we don't have to sell DJ but there doesn't seem to be any takers.
    Back in 2016, Everton offered £32m for Sigurdsson, the new owners turned it down, I thought at the time, its a good offer but was pleased they managed to stave off the inevitable, even if it was for just one more season where they got £40m in 2017.

  • Phillip said:
    Colin.
    I am just saying that from 2011 to 2014 that all was good.
    Good managers good players, good recruitment, all the fans were loving it.
    I have looked at all the so called accounts placed on Companies House since the take over.
    These 3 years were particularly healthy, showing that employing good managers to get reasonably priced footballers not only succeeded on the field but in the bank, our turnover and gross income far exceeded our outgoings.
    HJ changed a flourishing club, into his own version of how a business should be run. He stopped listening to people who knew better. He sold out without listening to people who could see a disaster coming.
    How many good businessmen pay over 60M (apparently) for 79% of something that's supposedly losing money, have no idea of the product and keep installed someone who just made 2 years of mistakes, having faith in these people defies logic.
    Unless Trevor can find a buyer, how on earth can this club move forward, these people wont put anything in.
    They have brought in this guy to get the most out from what they have paid for the shares.
    Even without fiddling, they have taken back half of what they paid out by other investors.
    Every company who have sold all their assets have gone bust, our only assets are players, most of which are young, cost very little and paid low wages, to sell these off will be football suicide.
    As success dwindles, there will be more sales until there is nothing left.
    Remember one thing, all the clubs that Trevor has assisted have only gained anything by the new owners putting money into the football club.
    Phillip,
    there are many carpet baggers out there, snake oil salesmen even now that we are out of the Premier League and not promising a swift return.
    At the moment, even before Bitch has accepted the job, all I am hoping is that 'that' person can get access to the real debt, make an action plan and move forward. But the hidden question could be is, are the owners looking for a way out and how much will that cost.
    We don't know, but until more information is made public I wont make presumptions. Andrew says he won't get access to all of the accounts and if cash has been 'spirited' away. I don't know but I will be really surprised if somebody like Birch won't find anything. I am not a financier but I might lack knowledge of how hedge fund operators can hide cash. 

    I remember 15 months or so back we played Notts. County in the FA Cup and their chairman was really full of himself as he was claiming his club was fighting back from the depths, were doing really well in their league in an interview on BBC, and on the day could easily have beaten us in the game at County. Look at them now, his company has gone bust, the club is up for sale and County are odds on for the Conference. That's how quickly football turns.

    We could easily lose one of the most promising manager's at the end of the season if he turns round and says he couldn't do any more for the club, and off he goes. We don't know. But don't you think it could have been much, much worse if a complete unknown financial fella from the States turned up and started smooth talking the fans. A butty of Kaplan and Levien.

  • Jacktar. 
    So where’s the logic of your “entitlement” post ?
Sign In or Register to comment.