Comments

• Hmmm,
    still confusion over the handball ruling, no change to the ongoing shirt pulling / tugging in the penalty area, offside ruling still a minefield, players not penalised for kicking the ball away when the game has stopped while I wonder how many keepers will be penalised for coming off their line before a penalty is taken. When was the last time a foul throw was penalised by the referee.
  • Time wasting, so there is a goal kick, a team is trying to run down the clock so the keeper takes the kick, the full back comes into the area and boots it long, ref says take it again, time wasted, no offence
  • edited March 17
    Hmmm,
    still confusion over the handball ruling, no change to the ongoing shirt pulling / tugging in the penalty area, offside ruling still a minefield, players not penalised for kicking the ball away when the game has stopped while I wonder how many keepers will be penalised for coming off their line before a penalty is taken. When was the last time a foul throw was penalised by the referee.
    rules are there for some of those. they are just not being implemented by the refs on the pitch.

100% agree on the offside rule. needs clearing up. this any part of your body is just ridiculous.

it should be feet IMO. if the players feet are at least level with the last defender's, then onside. and that's any part of the foot.

So none of this, his big toe was offside.
  • Agree on the offside. Although I'd use the chest to decide. Athletics use it to decide races. At least players know they have to adjust there movement slightly as the first thing you do when you start to run is lean forward