Heartbreaking

Having seen another performance of some sparkling football (in the main) it is heartbreaking to know that the majority of this developing side will broken up and sold for any offer come June/July.

At times it was like being taken back to the start of Roberto's time here, football on a different planet to anything Middlesborough could muster, they were watching and admiring with no answers, even their supporters where in admiration.

Next season will be all so different, I guess Potter will disappear to the first offer we have, along with at least 7 of the side that played yesterday.

If Leeds had played like that, we would never hear the end of it, yes we have good and bad moments in each game, but the football at times is exquisite.

Just a note for the few buffoons sitting behind me shouting "kick it up" everytime we pass along the back four, or back to the goalie, go and watch something different please, maybe rugby or hockey, you clearly do not appreciate the finest football in front of your eyes.

For those that say we pas too much, pass for the sake of it, well I for one am enjoying the football , the best we have seen since Laudrup left. 

Of course, there are those that thought the dross that Monk served up when we finished 8th, that think its only about results, well for me its not, its about watching teams being dismantled like Boro were yesterday, it was wonderful at times, well done to them all.
Jeff_CowbridgeJackaremegarythenotrashcougarenaitchDubDragonNatterjackbigoak

Comments

• Andrew2 said:

Just a note for the few buffoons sitting behind me shouting "kick it up" everytime we pass along the back four, or back to the goalie, go and watch something different please, maybe rugby or hockey, you clearly do not appreciate the finest football in front of your eyes.

For those that say we pas too much, pass for the sake of it, well I for one am enjoying the football , the best we have seen since Laudrup left. 

Of course, there are those that thought the dross that Monk served up when we finished 8th, that think its only about results, well for me its not, its about watching teams being dismantled like Boro were yesterday, it was wonderful at times, well done to them all.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Couldn’t agree more great post as always Andrew 
  • Me too, I loved the passing out from the back. What will Birch report back to the Yanks, I’m hoping it’s that you have to keep this side together, because this could be something special, but I’m an eternal optimist 
    Jackareme
  • Let’s hope that the Birch appointment can maybe be the end of the Americans and sell to somebody that loves football more than profit .. A big hope I know but as the old Swansea passing style returns it will be another kick in the plums next season if the players get flogged off just to keep the 28 in profit 
  • Barmyjack said:
    Me too, I loved the passing out from the back. What will Birch report back to the Yanks, I’m hoping it’s that you have to keep this side together, because this could be something special, but I’m an eternal optimist 
    That's exactly what was going through my mind as I sat and watched in the West Stand in the knowledge that Trevor Birch was present. Would he report back saying whatever else we do we must keep this team together and maybe next year we could have a good go at promotion. I don't know where you sit Andrew but there are also a few uneducated (in football terms) types who sit near me shouting to hit it long when we are building from the back. I know it can be risky but I love it !
  • Gardo said:
    Barmyjack said:
    Me too, I loved the passing out from the back. What will Birch report back to the Yanks, I’m hoping it’s that you have to keep this side together, because this could be something special, but I’m an eternal optimist 
    That's exactly what was going through my mind as I sat and watched in the West Stand in the knowledge that Trevor Birch was present. Would he report back saying whatever else we do we must keep this team together and maybe next year we could have a good go at promotion. I don't know where you sit Andrew but there are also a few uneducated (in football terms) types who sit near me shouting to hit it long when we are building from the back. I know it can be risky but I love it !
    Birch is chairman now. He's got a bit more power than just phoning up the owners and saying "ooh we've got a pretty good team, actually". He'll have his financial targets but how he goes about meeting them will (hopefully) be up to him.

"Swansea said their new chairman will be in "complete day-to-day control of all football and business matters"" - BBC
  • For sale:
    2 plane tickets, Washington USA to Cardiff.
    Dates optional with purchase. 
    Might be useful if you own a Welsh Championship, football club, based in the South West Wales area. 
    Pick up also available from airport, with free hot dogs, Coca Cola, and a supersized bucket of pop corn, en route. 
    Available via:
    haveuseenusplaylately@whynot.come
    Jeff_Cowbridge
  • I was lucky enough to be invited into hospitality on Saturday, fair play to TB, he walked into all the lounges, shook hands with everyone, I told him, East Stand Tuesday?

• Andrew2,
    have you renewed your season ticket yet?
  • Colin
    Yes, I have. There are a few of us that sit together so not to renew would mean splitting up our group, this in no way means I agree with the direction the club is heading as you are aware.

In our group one or two have decided not to, one has decided he is now enjoying the football again , so will renew. I think he is renewing for the wrong reason, as next season the club will really hit free fall, and what we are seeing now will no longer be.

Anyway, yes I have, and to be honest , I guess I would have even if I was sat on my own, when you have been going for just about 50 years, it is very difficult not to go. 
    Jackareme
  • Andrew2 said:
    Colin
    Yes, I have. There are a few of us that sit together so not to renew would mean splitting up our group, this in no way means I agree with the direction the club is heading as you are aware.

In our group one or two have decided not to, one has decided he is now enjoying the football again , so will renew. I think he is renewing for the wrong reason, as next season the club will really hit free fall, and what we are seeing now will no longer be.

Anyway, yes I have, and to be honest , I guess I would have even if I was sat on my own, when you have been going for just about 50 years, it is very difficult not to go. 
    totally agree with the above. Having been a follower since the early 60's, meeting people / friends on matchday is very much a family affair and became a routine that has seen so many highs and lows.
  • You are a very passionate supporter Andrew, keep the faith. 
  • Did anybody catch the Ajax v Juventus CL game last night. The way that Ajax played was incredibly reminiscent of the way we approached the last three games with a high press and winning the ball back up the pitch. (There was also the slight frustration that they didn't always take shooting opportunities and didn't turn their domination into goals, but there again they were playing Juve).

The sad aspect is that come the end of the season this Ajax team will be broken up, reflecting the financial domination of the major clubs from the major leagues, and leaving one of European football's great institutions as very much a second division outfit. Seems we could become the Ajax of Wales unless TB is able to spin some magic.

I suspect that the main hope is that even if we lose a couple of young stars over the summer that we can re-invest some of the money sensibly and replicate what Norwich have achieved this season.

Talking of Norwich, I was in the bar at the Grand later on Tuesday waiting for a train back to Llanelli when in walked Adrian Forbes with some of the Norwich youth coaches who had been at age-grade games earlier in the day. Cue much hilarity when I mentioned "one of the most famous goals in Swansea City history" with various young Norwich coaches falling off their seats laughing about "last goal at the old ground", "past Joe Hart" etc etc. One suspects Forbsey might have mentioned that one to them once or twice! Genuinely nice bloke though.