Buzz

The football being served up is wonderful, I think we became confused last night when they went down to 9, seemed unsure how to play, how to approach the game. Three games in a row, three sides utterly dismantled, all three chasing shadows watching us play.

There is a buzz back in the stadium that comes from watching great football, excitement and goals.Everyone is happy, apart from the "Kick it uppers" who sit a few seats behind me, they make my blood boil. At this moment, there is nobody better than us in the Championship, and I would dare to say the lower end of the PL.

We need to make the most of the remaining games, next season will be so different. It is hard to believe this team will be broken up to pay a few rich people even more riches, we are on the edge of something great again, all to be destroyed for a few $, very sad times.
Jackareme

Comments

• Even the good teams in championship are nothing special we’ve dismantled Norwich and sheff Utd 
  • Brownie said:
    Even the good teams in championship are nothing special we’ve dismantled Norwich and sheff Utd 
    Agreed @Brownie the signs were clearly there during the run of defeats. Even the 0-3 reverse at WBA was an awesome performance outside of the two 18 yard boxes.
  • Plus there is nothing that 'guarantees' the team will be broken up this summer

Possible, yes granted, but not guaranteed @Andrew2
  • Unfortunately rumours abound because our owners are not giving any statement of intent about players that are going staying or coming in. The original plan to stay in the Premier backfired due to a manager that went in to a shell with a bunch of players that for the most part were prima donnas with no fight in them. The next plan was supposed to be an immediate return to the land of milk and honey which never transpired because of the removal of most of the then first team squad leaving youngsters to learn their trade as quickly as possible. That has taken most of the season and during this time of inconsistency a beautiful game plan has come to fruition too late probably to flower now. Promotion is possible next season by keeping our best players including DJ and adding a bit of experience. Have they got the bottle for it? We shall see.
  • Since the Tosh days there have been some great players who have worn the Swans shirt but if my memory serves me, no player since the Robbie James and Curt era have drawn the buzz from the fans like we have heard in recent matches when the ball is played out to Dan James.

• Since the Tosh days there have been some great players who have worn the Swans shirt but if my memory serves me, no player since the Robbie James and Curt era have drawn the buzz from the fans like we have heard in recent matches when the ball is played out to Dan James.

Montero did, but not consistently
  • We all know the vultues will want to get every penny they can in the summer, Its hard work supporting our club at present, every good performance means that player is closer  to leaving us. 

We all know what summer will bring, my hope is Potter will stay put. So far ,given the humble resources he was handed, One the best managers we have ever had.
  • I was talking to a good friend of Curt’s, he said Alan Curtis has been coaching DJ for the past Few weeks, for an hour, after normal training, on how to finish. 
    I can’t think of a better mentor, if you are Dan, learning his craft. 
  • StephenR said:
    Since the Tosh days there have been some great players who have worn the Swans shirt but if my memory serves me, no player since the Robbie James and Curt era have drawn the buzz from the fans like we have heard in recent matches when the ball is played out to Dan James.

Montero did, but not consistently
    Yes, Jeff was a favourite especially when he turned the Arsenal f/back inside out, but in recent matches the buzz when Dan is on the ball is something different

I think you've forgotten Lee Trundle. I'd also put Ferrie Bodde in that category too.....so many spectacular goals after Roberto said he didn't score enough goals. Ah the memories.

I was actually thinking about this when I was walking away from the ground. 
    After a bit of thinking, I concluded that Dan James is the most exciting young prospect that we have nurtured since Curtis. His progress has been incredible and exponential over the last few months - he is now officially playing on a different level. Astonishing.
  • Jeff,
    Can you remember Harry Griffiths signing Micky Conway, a relatively inexperienced left winger initially on loan from Brighton after he had taken over from Harry Gregg.

An exciting, pacy winger who thrilled the sparse crowds at the Vetch Field but sadly his career was cut short after a car accident, failing to reach full fitness on his return.
  • Jeff,
    Can you remember Harry Griffiths signing Micky Conway, a relatively inexperienced left winger initially on loan from Brighton after he had taken over from Harry Gregg.

An exciting, pacy winger who thrilled the sparse crowds at the Vetch Field but sadly his career was cut short after a car accident, failing to reach full fitness on his return.
    I do indeed Colin. That was my first season as a "full time" regular supporter and yes he was a very good winger in a wonderful attack minded team, full of goals. Robbie used to play on the other wing in those days before he became a central midfielder.
  • Jeff,

I do indeed Colin. That was my first season as a "full time" regular supporter and yes he was a very good winger in a wonderful attack minded team, full of goals. Robbie used to play on the other wing in those days before he became a central midfielder.
    Blimey Jeff, I didn't know you were such a newby, another 20 years & you will be a "regular"" :p
    Jeff_Cowbridge
  • Jeff,
    i can go even further back and recall a speedster on the left wing who was signed from Bournemouth, Kenny Pound in the mid-sixties, our first season in the old Thurd Division.
  • @Colin_swansea, do you remember another winger at the same time as Conway named Kevin Moore. He was one of the first players i remember that used to get me really excited bombing down the wing and more usually diving in the box to try and get a penalty.
    Cadleigh
  • Jeff,
    i can go even further back and recall a speedster on the left wing who was signed from Bournemouth, Kenny Pound in the mid-sixties, our first season in the old Thurd Division.
    Brian Evans, signed from the wonderfully named Abergavenny Thursdays. Not a prolific goalscorer 58 in 365 but used to set up Keith Todd, (78 in 198) brilliantly
  • I remember Darren perrett getting everyone on the edge of their seat with his blistering pace.And then someone would pass him the ball!
    enaitchMikeTasmania
  • @Colin_swansea, do you remember another winger at the same time as Conway named Kevin Moore. He was one of the first players i remember that used to get me really excited bombing down the wing and more usually diving in the box to try and get a penalty.
    Yes, remember him, wasn’t a patch on Conway prior to his car accident. 

• StephenR said:
    Jeff,
    Brian Evans, signed from the wonderfully named Abergavenny Thursdays. Not a prolific goalscorer 58 in 365 but used to set up Keith Todd, (78 in 198) brilliantly
    Where do you get your stats from Stephen?

• StephenR said:
    Jeff,
    Where do you get your stats from Stephen?
    Wikipedia profiles, for what they are worth