Bolton

EPL have ordered them to fulfil their fixtures by next week.
What if they don't pay the players wages??
Their last 2 games not deciding outcome of playoffs but what would have happened if it did ??
Crystal Palace beware 
Could be you next.

Comments

• Players refused to play today. Bolton v Brentford postponed and Bolton will now face disciplinary measures

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48067603
  • The EFL will not like this one bit, even more so if they don’t play their last game. 
    They could end starting next season (provided they have a new owner) with a ginormous points deduction, before they even kick a ball. 
    You get a flavour of their feelings with this part of that article:

"The club [Bolton] is now deemed to be guilty of misconduct and will be referred to an Independent Disciplinary Commission.”
  • Bolton could also be relegated to League 2 for not completing their fixtures
  • The EFL won’t take kindly to any club failing to complete their fixtures and could well impose a further demotion on top of relegation to Lge 1, down to Lge 2
  • edited May 4
    If I've got this right, the players and some other staff hadn't received their March or April pay which is obviously indicative of serious financial issues.

My feeling on this is that , by going on strike and causing at least one match not to be fulfilled, the players have made the club's status even worse. They could have waited a couple of weeks so that the season was at least finished. It looks like they may never get paid this money but losing 2 or 3 months wages is hardly going to make a Championship footballer destitute- they should have stuck it out for another couple of weeks for the sake of the club.

I guess they thought they would lose any bargaining power by waiting until the end of the season but the strike hasn't achieved what they had hoped it would - on the contrary - it has threatened the future of the club. The PFA have stepped in to loan the players money to get over the short term problem but this has caused more of a long term problem for the club.

It's difficult to predict what will happen at Bolton but I really hope they survive. 
  • Jeff

I did read some months back that some of the older players had loaned cash to players with families who were struggling to pay their bills.
    The fit and proper checks done by the governing bodies still appear to be not the answer in preventing rogue entrepreneurs from taking ownership of football clubs but the web of corruption that pervades the game sadly, has no boundaries.
  • Tonto said:
    EPL have ordered them to fulfil their fixtures by next week.
    What if they don't pay the players wages??
    Their last 2 games not deciding outcome of playoffs but what would have happened if it did ??
    Crystal Palace beware 
    Could be you next.

Tonto, Never mind Crystal Palace, What about Swansea City? Bolton Blackpool, Notts County etc etc, all have one thing in common, self serving owners who cared nothing about on field or indeed the clubs. Lets hope we  don't follow in the coming years
    garythenotrashcougar
  • PFA loaned money to pay wages. I think they will go into Administration any day now. If they want to avoid massive points deduction next season, they need to do it now, so the points come off for this season.
  • I might be wrong but I don't think our current owners will let that happen. After all they will get sued by 27 other investors
    deekaybigoak
  • edited May 8
    Bassini deal off. Going into administration. 12 point penalty in League 1 next season

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48199290
  • Hate to be this much of a tw@t - but are there any young and talented players at Bolton that we could help relocate?? :smirk:
    Natterjack
  • Jackareme said:
    Hate to be this much of a tw@t - but are there any young and talented players at Bolton that we could help relocate?? :smirk:
    they got relegated for a reason...we've been down that road before, picking up such players. didnt turn out so well!
  • Josh vela good young midfielder 
  • Jackareme said:
    Hate to be this much of a tw@t - but are there any young and talented players at Bolton that we could help relocate?? :smirk:
    they got relegated for a reason...we've been down that road before, picking up such players. didnt turn out so well!
    journeymen are a complete NO NO - but young talented players could be worth a look.
  • Brownie said:
    Josh vela good young midfielder 
    was good in League 1, hasnt quite cut in Championship. Down to the sale of his midfield partner, Clough? That's what some fans think.

Barely got a kick this season. started just 12 games. sub in 5. And played no games at all since 16/Feb - on the bench for just 2/13 of the games after that date. so not even in the squad for 11 of them.

Hs lots of suitors if twitter is anything to go by, though.
  • timely-reminder-bolton-wanderers-youth-problem Interesting - they have an 18 year old Connell who is rated as their best player and is an accomplished passer of the ball.. A star in an ageing squad of uselessness!
  • Seeing Bolton Wanderers go basically shames football in general