Football betting site Betway

Comments

• They are now appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
  • Guessing he wont be going to Leeds now!
    DubDragon
  • Guessing he wont be going to Leeds now!
    I'm heartbroken  :) :) ;)
    DubDragon
  • Derby were quality but then with high quality loanees from Chelsea (Mount, Timori) and Liverpool (Wilson) I'm not surprised they beat Leeds. Any time leeds lose I smile  :)
  • It is quite amazing how Bielsa's teams start seasons high energy and high tempo and sweeping all before them -then they fall away and struggle toward the end.
    A pattern that has repeated time after time. They really needed  fresh legs in January and are probably regretting not pushing the offer a little further for dan to tie that deal down. An extra bag of training bibs and cones would probably have done it!
  • Just To think, when I was growing up, apart from the Swans,  Leeds Utd were my other team. With all the greats.... a Hunter,Cooper,, Madely, Giles ect. 
    Now I can’t stand the self serving, obnoxious tw@ts. 
    And nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing supporters of another “sleeping giant”  crying into their Yorkshire brown ale. 
    Tee hee, ha ha, slight snigger. 
  • Jackareme said:
    It is quite amazing how Bielsa's teams start seasons high energy and high tempo and sweeping all before them -then they fall away and struggle toward the end.
    A pattern that has repeated time after time. They really needed  fresh legs in January and are probably regretting not pushing the offer a little further for dan to tie that deal down. An extra bag of training bibs and cones would probably have done it!
    They had him with their original offer but tried that loan to buy, pay later nonsense on deadline day and got what they deserved.

Cost them £170m.
  • jasper_T said:
    Jackareme said:
    It is quite amazing how Bielsa's teams start seasons high energy and high tempo and sweeping all before them -then they fall away and struggle toward the end.
    They had him with their original offer but tried that loan to buy, pay later nonsense on deadline day and got what they deserved.

Cost them £170m.
    Problem is they just didn't have the cash!!

This is the problem with the Championship some teams live within their means, others don't have the cash and finally there are teams who don't adhere to FFP and splash the cash regardless.

Having said that what Leeds really needed was a Centre Forward as they were creating chances (about 20 a game) but there finishing was woeful (especially so when Roofe was injured and Bamford led the line).

Colin_swansea
  • I couldn't have less sympathy for Leeds if I tried.

For most people on here, the once in a lifetime opportunity to see the Swans lift a league trophy at home was taken away in 2008, thanks to Leeds's appeal of their points deduction, which they timed to cause maximum disruption to spite us.

Will never forgive them for that. Hope Bielsa leaves and they plummet to League 2.
  • Dont really care about Leeds other than we will be playing them next season. From our perspective. I’d want MB to leave as it would benefit us.

However I do like MB and his approach, we could benefit from his fitness and press approach incorporated into our style next season.

As for Dan James, his head has been well and truely turned for some time, and its just about us getting £15m+ in fees to eliminate our drop in income, with the rest being made up of salary reductions and transfer fees for the PL players still left.

I hope we can hold onto our other players especially Matt Grimes.

Not sure where the money for new players will come from, but we need CB, MF, genuine W and a goal scorer.

jasper_T
  • Sky reporting 15m deal close, personal terms agreed
  • Sky Sports - Swansea winger Daniel James has agreed personal terms with Manchester United, Sky Sports News understands.

The two clubs are yet to agree a deal, contrary to reports, but talks are continuing and James is set to become United's first signing of the summer.

• Apologies Malaga. Your post didn’t come up on my feed for some reason. Anyway the above is the report.
  • Agreed personal terms BEFORE agreeing a transfer fee with the club

Believe that is actually defined as tapping up. 

I know that's 'how it's done these days' but it's still wrong and illegal at the end of the day

Should be looking for more than 15mn. If it's 15mn rising based on Utd's success were fcuked because Utd won't win anything for a fair few years
  • edited May 21
    I’d take 15mn and a sell on clause. If he repeats what he did for us at a higher level he’ll be off to a bigger more successful club for far more than that.
  • Daniel James is off to Man U, they intend loaning him out for a season to Potter at Brighton. 
  • edited May 21
    Following this. WOL saying Swansea denying any contact. Bizarre. Sky Sports usually pretty good on this. More lies?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48329508
    Nice piece about Wayne Routledge and probably sheds as much light as any on the Potter exit.
    Like Wayne I'm concerned to carry on the renaissance started by Potter. Dan James won't be here as he pursues his personal career in much the same way as Potter did. 
  • £15m is starting to feel a little low in this years marketplace, it’s got to be £20m, and a a fairly certain, not extras if Manu get into the Champions League or Matches played, all beyond our control.

Definately plus 10% share of next transfer fee.
  • Problem is he is out of contract next summer so don’t think they can haggle too much or he will be off for nothing next year
  • enaitch said:
    Problem is he is out of contract next summer so don’t think they can haggle too much or he will be off for nothing next year
    Ah, but we might be in the PL next year B) I was looking for a flying pig emoji, but couldn't find one!!
    enaitch
  • no one is going to want to wait until next year for him, and he wont want to wait for that year either, now Potter has gone.
    MikeTasmania
  • Perhaps £15m is the salary they want to pay DJ! Augers well for the amount of transfer fee we will get!

B) 
  • Liverpool have stuck a £25m valuation on Harry Wilson.  He does still have something like 3/4 years left on his contract mind.
  • Man City have out a 20m valuation on Jack Harrison.
  • I might be over optimistic on this, but I am reasonably confident that Birch will get the best possible deal in the circumstances for Dan, or whoever else may depart this summer. I don't sign up to the firesale theory, simply because the yanks would not have brought Birch here if it was accompanied with a 'sell at all costs' agenda. If that was the task, then anyone could have been appointed to do that.
  • And isn’t he been offered shares in the club as well? Would make sense to try and make it a profitable prospect for all shareholders
  • Man City have out a 20m valuation on Jack Harrison.
    He'll be £3-4m in a year or two, like Celina was.
  • If Fergie’s impressed by DJ, then it has to be £20m surely?
  • So Leeds have ‘slapped’ a price tag of £20m on their  year old Jack Clarke. He has played in time terms about 13/14 matches this season, scored 2 and assisted 2.

Surely that makes DJ worth £25m if that is the market!?
    JackaremeNatterjack