What we can learn from Liverpool FC

Not wanting to antagonise but what a display last night. An example of never giving up. Two most influencial players out .Crowd really up for it and being the twelth man. We can only dream at the moment but we have to dream of getting back to PL otherwise ,without ambition,life is meaningless. They were a club with fuckwit owners who were bought out and now in the hands of people who give a shit and know what they are doing.I pray we can find people to do the same with us.  Thanks Liverpool for a reminder of what its all about. And thanks for not having us wound up in the 80s when we failed to pay for players bought from them. We owe them a lot. Just give me a few hours to get my hard hat before the south Wales branch of Man Utd fans chirp up.

Comments

• They can't handle Llorente
  • Ah Fernando. Looked like a Tug turning in old Swansea Bay when he first came to us.Not quite sure he s much of a replacement to Arry Kane but he s a good pro who did us fine . His header at Anfield was terrific though. Last memory of Anfield is getting a 5-0 thrashing when we couldn't handle any Liverpool player.

• Cecil 
    Am I wrong.........but weren't they playing our reserves before we went to the LC final?
  • Indeed Liverpool fantastic last night. But, heavy investment got them to where they are

66mn keeper from Roma
    RB from the academy (about time Liverpool started fully utilising their academy)
    LB 10mn from relegated Hull
    75mn CB from Southampton alongside a free CB from Germany
    40mn defensive mid from Monaco
    16mn mid from Sunderland alongside a freebie from Citeh
    32mn attacker from Southampton alongside a 12mn snip from Stoke and a 10mn buy from Lille

Missing their 35mn forward from Roma and 28mn from Hoffenheim

5mn defender from Charlton came on as did 12mn striker from Chelsea and a 25mn mid from Newcastle who scored twice

Liverpool have a world class academy yet no one from it bar Alexander Arnold gets a look in. Woodburn and Brewster only made the bench because of the injury issues

Still a brilliant win for Liverpool 

If we Swans are to follow any champions league team with regards to future development it has to be Ajax. Sprinkled with a few experienced imports like Tadic the majority are players from the Ajax youth academy who just happen to be bloody awesome and they will see off Spurs tonight
    Arch_Stanton
  • Cecil 
    Am I wrong.........but weren't they playing our reserves before we went to the LC final? Cant remember ,sorry. It was a pitiful performance and we were lucky Liverpool got bored and declared.

• SVJack said:
    Indeed Liverpool fantastic last night. But, heavy investment got them to where they are

66mn keeper from Roma
    RB from the academy (about time Liverpool started fully utilising their academy)
    LB 10mn from relegated Hull
    75mn CB from Southampton alongside a free CB from Germany
    40mn defensive mid from Monaco
    16mn mid from Sunderland alongside a freebie from Citeh
    32mn attacker from Southampton alongside a 12mn snip from Stoke and a 10mn buy from Lille

Missing their 35mn forward from Roma and 28mn from Hoffenheim

5mn defender from Charlton came on as did 12mn striker from Chelsea and a 25mn mid from Newcastle who scored twice

Liverpool have a world class academy yet no one from it bar Alexander Arnold gets a look in. Woodburn and Brewster only made the bench because of the injury issues

Still a brilliant win for Liverpool 

If we Swans are to follow any champions league team with regards to future development it has to be Ajax. Sprinkled with a few experienced imports like Tadic the majority are players from the Ajax youth academy who just happen to be bloody awesome and they will see off Spurs tonight

Suarez was a very effective player...sold for massive profit 
    Coutinho also ..
    They invested in good players whereas we bought Clucas ,Bony and the Ayews  .

Profit of Siggy was criminally wasted.It should actually have set us up for the near future, as it was then.
  • Manchester in wonderful 
  • Cecil 
    Am I wrong.........but weren't they playing our reserves before we went to the LC final?
    I think we lost to Liverpool 5-0 twice at Anfield. Once was defo before the LC final and I think last drubbing was last season
  • Indeed it was . Liverpool fans admired Suarez when he was wearing their shirt so massive hypocrisy to see and hear them rip into him-although it was fully deserved as he is a filthy piece of sewerage.