Football betting site Betway

Another amazing night

Former Ajax and Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal: "The introduction of Fernando Llorente made the big difference after the break,.

"Matthijs de Ligt and Daley Blind were embarrassed by him, also by the connecting midfielders of the Spurs. The defence of Ajax could not play that.

Comments

• StephenR said:

Former Ajax and Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal: "The introduction of Fernando Llorente made the big difference after the break,.

"Matthijs de Ligt and Daley Blind were embarrassed by him, also by the connecting midfielders of the Spurs. The defence of Ajax could not play that.

Some of his control (back to goal) & flicks were unbelievable
  • Did we a negotiate an add on, for lorente, if Spurs win  The Champions league Cup ?   :*  {~:
  • Llorente missed a selection of headers. He is terrific at lay offs though.Great to see to English clubs in final. 
    Well done Tottenham 

Good to see Ben there too
  • Arsenal vs Chelsea. Spurs vs Liverpool.

quite a remarkable achievement, no matter who you support, to have all 4 teams from the same League in the two major European finals. Never been done before.
  • Isn't it beautiful that on a historic night for British football that Man City aren't part of it?

#cheats
    Cadiz
  • Isn't it beautiful that on a historic night for British football that Man City aren't part of it?

#cheatsIt is indeed and well pointed out. A club that tries to buy everything and everyone.

Jackareme
  • Isn’t it also beautiful that “The biggest club in the World “ Manchester Utd, are cupless, and so shite, they can’t even finish 4th !!  :D :D :D

#cheats
    @NorfolkJack I am a little stumped by this. Unless I missed something Man City just played to the decisions made by those officiating their games - which I would expect the Swans to do as well. Unless you are alleging some conspiracy to "get at" the officials in advance of the games - your wrath should be reserved for the officials and those who decide not to utilise VAR technology etc.

In my opinion City play the beautiful game in the best possible way - and are the model of play that we aspire to. 
    Just don't know where you get the #cheats allegation from - enlighten me.
    deekay
  • edited May 10
    @jackareme You don't think Sterling dived for the 'penalty' then????
  • I know the question is posed to @jackareme but for what it's worth, I don't think he dived. CCV made contact with the ball before making contact with Sterling who unavoidably went to ground. Corner kick, no dive and definitely no penalty.
    I'm of the same opinion that it was the FA and the officials who were responsible for the debacle and not Man City. I bear no grudges against them for our exit from the cup.
  • @jackareme You don't think Sterling dived for the 'penalty' then????
    He went over in the box - ref gave the penalty (wrongly) but questionable if it was a "dive"..If you think that ANY club in world football (including our own) aren't exactly the same you are delusional. Not all play football in the style of Man City however.
  • Got to admit I am totally biased against Man City though as the sister in laws boyfriend supports them. I'm sick of hearing how bloody wonderful they are.
    Wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire myself...and I spend my life putting fires out
    Jackareme
  • Love to see Llorente back with us for one last swan song (get it)?
  • The defeat to Man city was down to the officials,we would have taken an offside goal to win the game.Fantastic performance by the swans, less so by the ref and his assistants, don't mention var and the FA
  • I fail to see how any of this is a good week for British football. Chelsea is a club owned by a Russian oligarch with an Italian manager, and they had one British player in the starting line-up. As did American-owned Arsenal, who have a Spanish manger. They are just brands who happen to be based in Britain because it is easier to buy a club here than it is in Germany. At least we are trying to develop some home-grown players
    Arch_Stanton
  • I see your point Cadleigh. I can’t see much in the way of changes further down the road either sadly. As UK branded clubs however it has been an achievement. It proves that British football is thriving at the highest levels at club level.
  • History will show, we threw it all away because of money as well. 
  • Cadleigh said:
    I fail to see how any of this is a good week for British football. Chelsea is a club owned by a Russian oligarch with an Italian manager, and they had one British player in the starting line-up. As did American-owned Arsenal, who have a Spanish manger. They are just brands who happen to be based in Britain because it is easier to buy a club here than it is in Germany. At least we are trying to develop some home-grown players
    Cadleigh
    did you feel this way when the Swans were enjoying a return to football in the Europa Lge with a team predominantly full of foreigners?
    garythenotrashcougar
  • Cadleigh said:
    I fail to see how any of this is a good week for British football. Chelsea is a club owned by a Russian oligarch with an Italian manager, and they had one British player in the starting line-up. As did American-owned Arsenal, who have a Spanish manger. They are just brands who happen to be based in Britain because it is easier to buy a club here than it is in Germany. At least we are trying to develop some home-grown players
    Cadleigh
    did you feel this way when the Swans were enjoying a return to football in the Europa Lge with a team predominantly full of foreigners?
    I felt proud that the team I support was doing so well in a major European competition. I did not make any grandiose claims that this had put Wales back on the footballing map - the closest I came was to hope that the success of the Swans might encourage more talented young players from SW Wales to stick with the sport, and that maybe our success would let us build an academy which could generate future Welsh internationals. But I definitely did not see it as a reason for xenophobia.

Earlier this week Rio Ferdinand - a man born in Camberwell, South London, who has played for West Ham, Bournemouth, Leeds, Man U and QPR - completely lost it when first Liverpool and then Spurs (two clubs he has never played for) won their respective semi-finals. Rio has gone on record as saying he does not support Liverpool. Ask yourself - if that contest had been between Dortmund and Juventus and it had planned out like that, would he have reacted the same way? Of course not. The reason he did was because he saw them as ‘English’ teams beating foreigners. Just xenophobia. Many other BBC presenters have also been getting over-excited about these results and talking about how they are great for English football. 

I actually did support Liverpool when I was a kid (back in the days when you had to support either Liverpool or Man U at school) and I wish them well, but a Liverpool victory is not a victory for English football, just a victory for the Liverpool fans, their foreign owners, their foreign manager, and their overwhelmingly foreign players.
  • @Cadleigh

I find it a bit of a jump to claim that Ferdinand reacted like that because he's a xenophobe. Proud of his nation's teams perhaps, but racist, I just don't buy that. As a black man in a very, very racist country he'll have been on the receiving end many times in his life. For him to then be racist himself? Not impossible I guess, but I find it hard to believe.

He was also in the studio with two ex-Spurs players, there was probably an element of him showing a bit of solidarity with them as well. 
  • @Cadleigh

I find it a bit of a jump to claim that Ferdinand reacted like that because he's a xenophobe. Proud of his nation's teams perhaps, but racist, I just don't buy that. As a black man in a very, very racist country he'll have been on the receiving end many times in his life. For him to then be racist himself? Not impossible I guess, but I find it hard to believe.

He was also in the studio with two ex-Spurs players, there was probably an element of him showing a bit of solidarity with them as well. 
    Fair point, perhaps ‘xenophobia’ wasn’t the right word to use - ‘jingoism’ maybe would have been closer to what I meant.
  • Irrespective of where the players are from 4 English/ British teams have reached the final of both major European finals and that is fantastic!!

Spurs and Arsenal to win for me if you please.