Breaking: Dan James to Utd for £15m

Fair play, gutted but chuffed for him too. Hopefully loaned back to us for a year (im praying). 

What a chance for the boy. Good luck Dan, all the best.

You cannot begrudge him a move there. Giggs' influence has no doubt played a part.

Comments

• Thanks very much Huw Jenkins for the extra £8m + probably ad ons. 
    Also what does it say about Shrewsbury’s manager?...,,

“James joined Shrewsbury on loan that summer but his deal was terminated after just a month having not played a single minute for the League One side.”
  • When he signs for United for £15m I will believe it.

Sounds like agent/paper talk to me. 

• Could be very good deal .Let us pray
  • When he signs for United for £15m I will believe it.

Sounds like agent/paper talk to me. 

Could be, but generally when it breaks on Sky, they arent far wrong. For once, i think the fee is about right too.

£10m was too cheap and £20 unrealistic. Fingers crossed we have shed loafs of add ons in there and a loan option, too  B)
  • Agree, £15m is about right, shame it can't be spent on the playing side and will only be used to balance the books, Jenkins gets credit for turning his phone off in January but loses browning points for saddling us with Ayew and Borja.

PaulTRhydian
  • Put a sell on clause in the deal for when he goes to real Madrid for £100m :smiley:
    RhydianJackareme
  • Personally really hope this is true, let’s be real he’s leaving either way and 15m is way better than anything we would have got from Leeds :mask:  in January. Ole is looking to bring a younger generation through at united either way - if he can do that I would love to see Dan shining at a top club - if the rumours are true then good luck and thanks for your service Dan!
    Cadleigh
  • Dan the ManU. Good luck to him. And praying for a loan move back to us for what will be a very intriguing season.
  • Neither club is saying anything has happened and Wales Online is saying there has been no approach
    Being referred to as the alternative to Man U getting Jadon Sancho from Dortmund for a lot more money than the £15m quoted for Dan
    Sancho had a very good season in Germany but is he worth 5 times as much as Dan?
    PaulT
  • And if it's true would Dan get to play at all?
    Man U have gradually been introducing some of their youngsters into Champions League squads  ( eg Tahith Chong ) and they have reportedly done well
  • Sad to see a player emerge from the youth and be sold so quickly, ( although not official yet)
    Whether its 1M, 15M, 20M or 50P, Potter and the football club will not see any of it.
    Celina, Roberts, VDH will be next, probably Grimes at 24 will interest a few, Luckily Roden's injury has kept him out of the spotlight.
    Does the transfer window start after Sunday or is it June?, whenever it is, if  these are sold Potter wont have the luxury of instant replacements a second time.
    Potter has done an incredible job but even he cant do the impossible.
    US owners will put any sales down to, we need the money to break even but wont say where it goes.
    I wish all the players who are sold a successful career they have served us proud.
    I wish all US football club owners a hedge trimmer as a reward  
    garythenotrashcougarjasper_T
  • Phillip said:
    Sad to see a player emerge from the youth and be sold so quickly, ( although not official yet)
    Whether its 1M, 15M, 20M or 50P, Potter and the football club will not see any of it.
    Celina, Roberts, VDH will be next, probably Grimes at 24 will interest a few, Luckily Roden's injury has kept him out of the spotlight.
    Does the transfer window start after Sunday or is it June?, whenever it is, if  these are sold Potter wont have the luxury of instant replacements a second time.
    Potter has done an incredible job but even he cant do the impossible.
    US owners will put any sales down to, we need the money to break even but wont say where it goes.
    I wish all the players who are sold a successful career they have served us proud.
    I wish all US football club owners a hedge trimmer as a reward  
    Yawn
  • Would be a good move to Utd and I think he'd get a chance there. Leeds insisting dJ's agent and 'people' to hold off until the play offs are finalised insisting they'd meet wage demands and give him guaranteed first team footie 

What Leeds haven't said is if they're willing to meet OUR demands and the same amount of money that Utd would pay
  • If you were Dan James what would you do sign for Man Utd (assuming the offer has been made) or wait to see if Leeds get promoted?

err me thinks that is a no brainer 
  • Peanuts really ! they must have seen his potential earlier and tied him down to a longer contract, you think he would have signed as a goodwill gesture he's obviously going places ?15 million nothing in today's market the fella they were initially after man utd is priced at£100 mill
  • Jadon sancho is he 10 timed the value of dan james were giving him away ?
  • A young player with bags of potential, but only one championship season behind him, during which he was consistently criticized by many for a poor final ball and poor shooting ability. About to enter the final season of his contract, after which he can go for a pittance in compensation fees. £15m sounds about right to me, especially if it includes the right add ons.
    That doesn't mean I don't rate him or that I want him to go, just being realistic.
  • Hoping Mr Birch builds in a 10% sell on clause coz I rate DJ very highly and see him playing for Real Madrid if he fulfills potential !
  • FFS, everyone is talking about how much he is worth or sell on clauses etc, it makes no difference Potter wont see any of it
  • edited May 10
    I just dont see him going to Man Utd. 

If they were looking for young wingers to challenge for the first team, and replace the likes of Martial who looks to be on his way, then they are more likely to go for Brooks.

he's more proven, especially at PL level, which Dan has no experience of.
  • Phillip said:
    FFS, everyone is talking about how much he is worth or sell on clauses etc, it makes no difference Potter wont see any of it
    Calm down. I don't think anyone has referred to how much of any fee Potter would receive. Were simply debating how much Dan is worth. 
  • Money for potter from the sale of  DJ? Wot happened with the yanks. Taking us to the next level ???? and matching the amount they paid for the club ie 100 million to the transfer fund ! Everyone was taken in by them , unfortunately there going to run our club into the ground 
  • Francoise said:
    Jadon sancho is he 10 timed the value of dan james were giving him away ?
    Eh?
  • Id say Utd should get Brooks aswell as Dan. They are the type of signings they should target now that they arent in the champs league. A rebuild job.

On another note, it would be Good for Wales to have 2 youngsters plying their trade there.
  • PaulT said:
    Id say Utd should get Brooks aswell as Dan. They are the type of signings they should target now that they arent in the champs league. A rebuild job.

On another note, it would be Good for Wales to have 2 youngsters plying their trade there.
    DJ and Dylan Levitt (soon).

Brooks would cost them £30m to pry away from Bournemouth now.
  • Francoise said:
    Jadon sancho is he 10 timed the value of dan james were giving him away ?
    Eh?

• Plays for Dortmund "daily mail" mancs were going to pay £100 mill! but cos they av failed to get a top four place ,he's gone cold on them