Football betting site Betway

Under 23 players released

What does everybody think about the players let go?
I was a bit surprised to see Adam King off, not so surprised about Keston Davies and Adnan Maric who seemed to go backwards this year
Aaron Lewis was also surprising as some people on here thought h was going to challenge for a first team squad place next season

Comments

• Very disappointed to see Aaron Lewis get released. From the “terraces” I see that as a bad decision. But the coaches know better than me obviously.
    Good luck Aaron and all the others
  • But seven players have been released by the Swans, with Ryan Blair, Keston Davies, Adam King, Aaron Lewis, Adnan Maric, Tyler Reid and Jack Withers all leaving the Liberty this summer.

• edited May 10
    I didn't expect Aaron Lewis to be released. Gutted for him. 
  • Can't say I'm surprised by any of the above. Still leaves us with CBR and Biabi thanks to HJ. 
  • At least Aaron was a regular on the Donnie bench, even if he didnt get on the pitch that much. So I think he'll be ok.

I think King will be ok, too. He had a big fan in Steve Evans, Colin tells me. But I think he'll end up back in Scotland.

Maric has enough about his game too - but I dont think reacted well to not being part of the 1st team with his mates, and it affected performances for the U23s.

but Biabi. He couldnt get anywhere near the Maccies matchday squad. and barely got a look-in at Hamilton.

So unfathomable how he was given an extension in January - a mystery only Jenkins can answer. 
    Gingergit
  • Azza suffered for their being right on the edge of the playoff battle. They brought him in as a replacement for the lad who was going to prison, so he wasn't someone they ideally would have had to sign, and it's hard for managers to put trust in another club's unproven players at the best of times. Did alright for them when he did play, but managers stick to what they know at crunch time.
  • So the cudgel is coming down on the u23's as well. Given how many of the first team will be sold this summer, looks as though there fcuk back up either. Most will end up in league 1, do quite well and maybe one will get us relegated. It looks like Gwion all over again. Pathetic. We really need to get the shiit out of our club before we end up like Notts County, but hey even at that level the club is sellable!!!!
  • Daitumble said:
    So the cudgel is coming down on the u23's as well. Given how many of the first team will be sold this summer, looks as though there fcuk back up either. Most will end up in league 1, do quite well and maybe one will get us relegated. It looks like Gwion all over again. Pathetic. We really need to get the shiit out of our club before we end up like Notts County, but hey even at that level the club is sellable!!!!
    Most of those released will dream of one day reaching League One. Keston and Reid couldn't make any impression in League Two. King and Lewis the best of the bunch but not near our first team after a good number of years in the u23s. Can't keep them hanging around forever, room has to be made for new players to emerge.

Some expensive mistakes in the group but that's Cat One youth development for you.
  • Dan James!! I don't need to say anymore do I jasper.
  • I think maybe you should as I'm not sure what he has to do with the list of players we've released...
  • Shame about Aaron Lewis.

Had high hopes for him. He was highly praised by the  Donny manager after his first game but then seemed to fall out of favor.

Gingergit
  • Really disappointed in Aaron’s release as I have felt he is a better player than Declan but GP has seen him a lot on the training field in training with the first team and would have given the final word in offering him a new deal.

A step back for Aaron but I am confident he will take a step forward in the EFL with his next club.
  • Really disappointed in Aaron’s release as I have felt he is a better player than Declan but GP has seen him a lot on the training field in training with the first team and would have given the final word in offering him a new deal.

A step back for Aaron but I am confident he will take a step forward in the EFL with his next club.
    Didn't start well for him when Potter took Grimes and Blair to play left back on the pre-season tour.
  • jasper_T said:
    Really disappointed in Aaron’s release as I have felt he is a better player than Declan but GP has seen him a lot on the training field in training with the first team and would have given the final word in offering him a new deal.

Didn't start well for him when Potter took Grimes and Blair to play left back on the pre-season tour.
    Be that as it may, at least GP kept him in the loop training wise with the first team thro the season. Don’t forget, pre-season training started almost as GP arrived and no doubt Jenkins had tried to influence GP on players.
  • jasper_T said:
    Really disappointed in Aaron’s release as I have felt he is a better player than Declan but GP has seen him a lot on the training field in training with the first team and would have given the final word in offering him a new deal.

Be that as it may, at least GP kept him in the loop training wise with the first team thro the season. Don’t forget, pre-season training started almost as GP arrived and no doubt Jenkins had tried to influence GP on players.
    Looked to me like he'd made a decision to have a left-footer at left back and it didn't matter if they were midfielders without experience or that the right-footers used to playing there were all excellent with both feet.