Football betting site Betway

Well done Newport County !

great game to watch. On their way to Wembley for play off final. 

Jackareme

Comments

• Sheehan had a decent game for Newport. Dominated first half but managed to hang in there in extra time for Day to perform his heroics in the shoot out
  • Well done County in getting to Wembley. 
    Nice to see Josh Sheehan back in the game after a long layoff with a knee injury. A year older than Adam King and Ryan Blair, and a year younger than Jay Fulton, the decision to omit him from our U23's and first team squad after he had made his debut v Rotherham in preference to the financial outlay on the Scottish midfielders was certainly a master stroke by Jenkins.
  • Great team performance,made loads of chances and then stood their ground when Mansfield had the upper hand.
    Good football and a great team ethic.Enjoy Wembley and win through.
  • moorlands said:
    Great team performance,made loads of chances and then stood their ground when Mansfield had the upper hand.
    Good football and a great team ethic.Enjoy Wembley and win through.
    Good football! Would you be happy if we played like Newport.
  • Better than I expected Colin,but the I watched Wrexham and other National League games on the box recently so perhaps my expectations were lowered.I hope that I take things in context most of the time.
  • moorlands.

I didn’t realise until I read an article recently that AFC Fylde have a wealthy backer as have Salford but what was surprising was the attendance at Wembley for their final, around 8250.
    Take away the neutral no-League fans who were able to purchase cheap tickets weeks before the final, what future have these clubs got when in a few years time the money people say enough is enough and walk away, as the owners of North Ferriby United did when Hull City’s owner Allam’s son walked away.
    Sadly, Wrexham’s average gate this season is around the same as the Wembley gate, and the club are in turmoil.
  • Colin ,I think my  home town club  (for 9 years) Lancaster City, play in the same League as North Ferriby , and I often follow their results, and it does make me wonder how these clubs keep going on such small support/ income.Then I look at the large number of local amateur rugby clubs in the West Wales competitions as well,and I guess it may be down to local traditions of the clubs and the dreams of young players just enjoying playing and living the dream that have kept the clubs going for generations.
  • It used to be about local tradition but local rugby is struggling financially as is local soccer. Having said that it looks like going the same way as local cricket which has totally disappeared in Swansea apart from clubs who play in the South Wales lges.