If Potter goes....

Who are the names likely to be in the frame to replace him? 

Comments

• Chris Hughton.       
    enaitchbigoak
  • Charlie10, Ponty Jack, White mountains, all suitable candidates
    cimlajackdeekayDubDragon
  • Leon and Tatey :smiley: .       
  • Too much bookie action for this just to be smoke
    At the least Brighton look like making an approach
    Will our esteemed owners attempt to persuade GP to stay or is he just another source of income?
    Graeme Jones is no longer available if GP leaves
    Do we have any of the usual names left?
    Don't think anyone knew much about Farke before Norwich signed him
    Let's hope the owners don't wear it  anyway
  • If Potter goes then we are ****!
    BigG
  • IF Potter goes ????!!
    let me just think about this for one milli second, if I was in  Mr Potter’s shoes. 
    Do I stay with owners who didn’t back me, when I needed them (Woods deal) and were willing, to more or less sell James to Leeds, even though they didn’t have a pot to p** in, and would pay us if they got promoted!
    Owners who actually Never turned up to watch their own team, at home. 
    Owners who have given his assistant coaching  staff redundancy letters. 
    Never spending a dime of their own money, to “Take us to the next level”  etc, ect, bla dee fecking bla !!
    Or do I go to a Premiership club, with owners willing to back him with their own money. 
    Mmmmmmmm, let me think. 
    Don't waste your time thinking, it’s anything other than a done deal. 
    And I think he knew it, when he came over to the East bank, and give the YJB fist pump to the crowd. 
    And I don’t blame him, also for a milli second. 
    He’s been shafted by these Yankee shysters, and I feel like ripping up, or should I say cutting my card, into a million tiny pieces. 
    garythenotrashcougarJackareme
  • I guess HJ took his little black book of potential managers home with him when he left, so we are now in uncharted territory. If we end up needing to replace GP, this will be Trevor Birch's total responsibility - the Americans won't have a clue who to go for. I don't know whether he's been responsible for the recruitment of a new manager before but maybe he won't follow our usual formula. With prospective redundancies, restructuring, and potential playing squad ins and outs, Birch could probably do without having to find a new manager at the moment but, if it's going to happen, then the sooner the better.
  • If Potter goes, we may as well start booking the hotels for Southend and Rochdale a year early.

I pray the rumours are not true, but if they are, I would not blame him for jumping ship. I can't think of a single true fan who wouldn't wish him anything but the best - a patient, dignified gentleman who could have said a hell of a lot more about what happened in the last two windows. Good luck to him if he goes.
  • Gary --I have to say that sums up my feelings too.If he goes good luck to him, in a world where everyone else looks after number one,why should I expect GP to be any different.Sad to say but this is the world we live in.
  • Jeff,
    HJ’s Black book was on its last pages but I have faith in Birch finding a good man should that day arrive.

J4cka,
    and you know everything that goes on inside the club.
  • https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-swansea-city-say-graham-16268994

An up to date article from Wales On-line puts England women’s Manager Phil Neville on the short list. Click bait or what!
  • Billy Reid must be a name to be considered should the worst happen? 
  • Don’t think Billy Reid’s too enamoured with the Yanks. 
    Colin_swansea
  • J4cka said:
    Don’t think Billy Reid’s too enamoured with the Yanks. 
    You know that then J4cka, or is it in line with your usual negativity
  • edited May 13
    So listening to Radio 5 earlier, and people are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

It seems all of this money on Potter is more about the fact that Dan Ashworth was a guest at the club a few weeks back. He came to look at our set up and how we do things at the club.

So this people making HUGE assumptions.

This came from the guy who runs Brighton Fans TV.
  • Billy Reid will be going with Potter undoubtedly 
  • Mark,

I wonder what Dan Ashworth thought of Head of Academy Coaching & Education Roy Thomas 
  • So listening to Radio 5 earlier, and people are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

It seems all of this money on Potter is more about the fact that Dan Ashworth was a guest at the club a few weeks back. He came to look at our set up and how we do things at the club.

Because of course, recently relegated Swansea with their absent owners was the first place Dan Ashworth thought he'd go to, to learn how to effectively run a football club....
  • I don't want Graham Potter to go like everyone else but if the inevitable happens then we must look at Jokanovic. Plays the game our way and has taken Watford and Fulham to the prem.
  • edited May 13
    I agree with @Mark_Jack_London

Brighton don't really play a passing game as far as I recall.

They've spunked fortunes on strikers like andone and Locadia so I think this is just lazy journalism

Hopefully Potter stays because he's seen the impact he's made with us and wants to take it to the next level with us Jacks and I'm sure he prefers the Gower Peninsula to Brighton Beach  :)
  • Mark,

I wonder what Dan Ashworth thought of Head of Academy Coaching & Education Roy Thomas 
    probably not a lot!
  • SVJack said:
    I agree with @Mark_Jack_London

Brighton don't really play a passing game as far as I recall.

They've spunked fortunes on strikers like andone and Locadia so I think this is just lazy journalism

Hopefully Potter stays because he's seen the impact he's made with us and wants to take it to the next level with us Jacks and I'm sure he prefers the Gower Peninsula to Brighton Beach  :)
    The Northern Ireland Manager, however, who has played that kind of football, is also one of the bookies front runners.
  • So listening to Radio 5 earlier, and people are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

Because of course, recently relegated Swansea with their absent owners was the first place Dan Ashworth thought he'd go to, to learn how to effectively run a football club....
    had eff all to do with running a football club. 

it was about our facilities and academy set up. but hey, believe what you like Gary. you like to make up your own narrative, regardless.
    jasper_T
  • I agree with what MJL said on another thread. I’m not convinced he’ll go. Defies most logic as anyone else in these circumstances would be off quick smart. Guess we wait and see.
  • Personally,  I don't think he will leave. He said in the beginning and recently reiterated that he was here for the long haul. He said that it is a project that he wants to see through. 
    Just my opinion. 

COYS
  • This has nothing to do with football, its money money money  Pottter is worth 2m He will go whether he wants to or not, we have owners who are worse than despicable, they will sell  absolutely anything with a value.
    For over 2 years I have been accused of a conspiracy theory where I have indicated  that hedge funders can legally take 20% of asset value, they have and they are.   asset stripping in a normal company is transparent and can be shown, this does not  and we mere mortals are failing to see what they are doing to our club.
    They are clever extremely devious and have and will continue to make money.
    12 months ago I stated they will off load at the end off this season, I see no reason to believe this is not the case.
    If we lose our manager and all our young players, the future is worse than predicted.
    We need an effort to inject some fire into the trust to find a way to stop the inevitable implosion.
    We are looking to be a Sunderland and worse still a Bolton.
    This is real. its happening, Pablo, white mountains you don't serve the fans who want the club to prosper, you are like Nigel Farage, empty rhetoric with no tangible reasoning to why its gone so disastrously wrong.
    If they don't sell out the manager and keep the players, I will stop any postings but if as predicted they do and we start in July with nothing will you dopey US defenders wake up and admit we have been well and truly shafted.
    We have the worst owners in the football league, they have spent nothing, they have sold everything, they don't support, they don't attend, they don't inform, THEY DONT CARE  
  • Tlmes reporting that Brighton given permission by Swansea to talk to Potter ,although he is thought to be not the only candidate
  • A banana skin for GP Brighton players don’t do swanselona and change takes time and the premier league so unforgiving !