When Potter goes......

Along with any players these cretins can make a few bucks on, Who else will join me on the Golf Course? Joining me in my one man demonstration against the dismantiling of my team?

The only way to stop them is too stave them of our hard earnred money.  
Colin_swanseagarythenotrashcougar

Comments

• I bet the guys where you play golf are all dodging you on the 1st tee!
    bigoak
  • With you all the way mate.

As I've said before, it's an individual choice - some people have renewed, some people might still - but those who do, need to understand one thing.

You may just as well draw £500 cash from your bank account or credit card, take it to a field, pour a load of petrol on it, and light a match. 

That is effectively what it means to be a season ticket holder these days. 
    bigoak
  • What are they supposed to do to keep you happy? Hand Potter the same wage and transfer budget he'd get at a PL club to keep him here?
  • Iff they said we’ve taken our medicine made the cuts we’ve needed to make and thank you Graham for being patient. We don’t want dan to go but lads heads been turned so we’re going get our best price for him. No one else is going to be sold and there will be sufficient funds to strengthen the squad and mount a promotion challenge.iff only hay!!!!
    bigoak
  • If you prefer to play golf why not join a golf forum and regale them with your words of wisdom.Otherwise join the Trust and contribute more than negativity.
  • With you all the way mate.

As I've said before, it's an individual choice - some people have renewed, some people might still - but those who do, need to understand one thing.

You may just as well draw £500 cash from your bank account or credit card, take it to a field, pour a load of petrol on it, and light a match. 

That is effectively what it means to be a season ticket holder these days. 
    Well that's a load of tosh IMO. I pay £250 for my season ticket & even if we were in the National League I would get more pleasure from seeing the Swans than the 5 West End shows (about the same price) my missus would want me to go to instead!!
    bigoak
  • moorlands said:
    If you prefer to play golf why not join a golf forum and regale them with your words of wisdom.Otherwise join the Trust and contribute more than negativity.
    I would prefer to watch my team play  as i have done for decades, but i refuse to be taking for a fool by a bunch of Money grabbing Fund Managers who now own us. As for the Trust, what are they doing to fight this carnage? They appear toothless and naive .
  • I am going to stick my neck out and say he won't go, and that will be his choice.

he turned his young family's life upside down last summer. I don't think he will be prepared to do that quite so soon.

and I think his family means more to him than a short cut to the premier league. 
  • Sorry  BigOak,I hate to say it but you seem to be cutting your nose off to spite your face.As you enjoy the golf you are the winner after all,so why pontificate so often.
  • 2M  buy out clause, He's gone.
    Dan James, Gone
    Roberts, VDH, Grimes, Roden, possibly Byers, Going, Going, Gone.
    These scum bags will sell everything they can, perhaps they know of a plot of land for sale, that would make sense.
    When will the US supporters wake up, its happening  
    garythenotrashcougar
  • Phillip said:
    2M  buy out clause, He's gone.
    Dan James, Gone
    Roberts, VDH, Grimes, Roden, possibly Byers, Going, Going, Gone.
    These scum bags will sell everything they can, perhaps they know of a plot of land for sale, that would make sense.
    When will the US supporters wake up, its happening  
    Like they sold Gylfi Sigurdsson in 2016 for £32m, that was the offer but they persuaded him to stay, OK, it was only for one more season but they did it.
    Those that are not enjoying the football go and play golf or whatever, we had a good season and I am happy with the progress under Potter and if Potter does go, then whoever comes in next will have my full support.
  • When potter’s gone come Friday, get Rangel back as manager. 
  • I am going to stick my neck out and say he won't go, and that will be his choice.

he turned his young family's life upside down last summer. I don't think he will be prepared to do that quite so soon.

and I think his family means more to him than a short cut to the premier league. 
    Hope your proved right Mark, and i am wrong, ..But i dont think he will be encourged to stay if the compensation offer shows these Fund managers a good profit. Brighton is not that far away and i am sure they will offer him what we wont. Money to bring in players he wants. and the chance to show what he can do giving such . I agree with you only in the fact i think he wants to stay here. but the quislings who hold the power, know nothing about value and everything about costs. Again i really hope i am wrong
  • edited May 14
    bigoak said:
    I am going to stick my neck out and say he won't go, and that will be his choice.

Hope your proved right Mark, and i am wrong, ..But i dont think he will be encourged to stay if the compensation offer shows these Fund managers a good profit. Brighton is not that far away and i am sure they will offer him what we wont. Money to bring in players he wants. and the chance to show what he can do giving such . I agree with you only in the fact i think he wants to stay here. but the quislings who hold the power, know nothing about value and everything about costs. Again i really hope i am wrong
    So what would you do? saddle us with debt or spend on the never never, many clubs have done that before us and it hasn't worked, it might work for Villa but if it does they have cheated the system and WILL get their comeuppance.
    Don't forget, they fought off Everton once when there was a very decent offer (£32m) on the table.
  • Mark, I'm sure we will and if GP wants to go, there's little we can do about it, like when Wigan came for Roberto and Liverpool came for Brendan. I'm sure Brighton may wait until after the play-offs, if Derby don't make it then Frank Lampard may be another on their radar.
  • Jollyboy,   Sadly your  fallen for the oldest gab in the book of 101 rules for being a fund manager, keep expectations down ,promise the world  keep telling the same lies  and people will think its the truth.

I would never break the bank on a gamble, but i would spend to improve . take Potter , instead of looking at him as a quick profit , look at the value to the business. of paying a bit more if we have too to keep him. its called investing to improve. get it? We dont have to break any bank to keep potter. just support him. fund managers will never understand the economics of running a football club that is part of a community. they look at the bottom line and how to increase that by any means including selling assets. get it?  they will keep doing that untill there is nothing left , ask Blackpool or Bolton supportters!! BOTH WHERE ONCE PREM SIDES
  • bigoak said:
    Jollyboy,   Sadly your  fallen for the oldest gab in the book of 101 rules for being a fund manager, keep expectations down ,promise the world  keep telling the same lies  and people will think its the truth.

I would never break the bank on a gamble, but i would spend to improve . take Potter , instead of looking at him as a quick profit , look at the value to the business. of paying a bit more if we have too to keep him. its called investing to improve. get it? We dont have to break any bank to keep potter. just support him. fund managers will never understand the economics of running a football club that is part of a community. they look at the bottom line and how to increase that by any means including selling assets. get it?  they will keep doing that untill there is nothing left , ask Blackpool or Bolton supportters!! BOTH WHERE ONCE PREM SIDES
    It would take some investment to match what Brighton can offer him next season. If he wants to go all we can realistically do is negotiate a decent compensation sum. 

We've already got growing debt and a growing deficit. "Just support him" is the definition of not understanding "the economics of running a football club". We're nearer to Bolton than Brighton, we can't keep throwing good money after bad.
  • Lots of major sources, including BBC, Sky, Daily Mail, Wales Online all saying that Swans have turned down Brighton's request to speak with Potter.
  • So one source being parroted by the usual outlets.
  • Turning down not allowing Brighton to speak to Potter means nothing surely - If GP wants out then like Martinez and Rodgers he’ll go !
  • Why would he go for talks if he was staying?
  • Well done SCFC, unless GP insists. If he does, then he’s offski 
    I only hope, that the people who are say he’s staying, are proven fight. 
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7026873/Swansea-REJECT-Brightons-approach-interview-Graham-Potter.html
  • Brighton have not offered the 2M written as a clause in Potter's contract. if they or anyone else pays the 2M they will let him go, or does anyone honestly believe they value ability and progress over dollars.
    His head is turned now, so unless they offer him a better contract, a guarantee they wont sell all his players, he will want to go. They made him promises before, they broke them 
  • Phillip
    can you explain how GP’s head has been turned
  • Phillip

you are talking absolute rubbish and you constant drivel is boring and unfounded.

As Colin say on what basis can you state his head has been turned?
  • Phillip

you are talking absolute rubbish and you constant drivel is boring and unfounded.

I mean your constant drivel is boring and unfounded
  • Lots of major sources, including BBC, Sky, Daily Mail, Wales Online all saying that Swans have turned down Brighton's request to speak with Potter.
    If you read the article on BBC sport, & not just the headline, there is no mention of anyone turning down the request. In fact there is no mention of anyone even having spoken about anything!! Both clubs have "not commented or declined to comment" so where does the headline come from?
  • Phillip

I mean your constant drivel is boring and unfounded
    So why have they stopped him meeting with Brighton,  or are they finally becoming football people looking for success rather than a buck,  I would love him to stay and would love the owners to support him. as for what basis, how about Premier league, money to spend and a 35000 full house each game. The media are also spouting the same drivel so something must be happening