Football betting site Betway

Relegation

It appears that Potter is now on his way, and will take at least James with him, probably Grimes as well. It is a slow death, we always knew it would be. The rest will follow as soon as they can be sold for any amount of money, even the balls and nets have a price.

I am not sure of the odds, but relegation looks nailed on for next season, it was going to be a struggle with Potter here working miracles with what he had to work with. The football at times was wonderful.

Not only will we struggle, but who knows what type of football we will see, probably back to the Monk/Clement brand of hit and hope.

Relegation will be followed by administration, unless they find a buyer at around £4m/£5m first. They will then leave us, with a healthy profit and a decimated football club. Anyone who thinks what they doing is required because financially they had to needs a big wake up call, this has followed the EXACT path I warned of 4 years ago.

They have not been clever, just followed Jenkins/Morgans plan , the plan that said they could not lose whatever they did, they have simply maximised the profit along the way.

Please nobody pipe up with they paid £60m why sell it for £5m, well if you do not get it now, you never will.

Wait for the academy to close any time soon.
bigoakgarythenotrashcougar

Comments

• OMG !!!! What a series of conclusions to reach !!
  • Moorlands

All my other "conclusions" have been correct for 4/5 years, even when you still though Jenkins was the Messiah.
  • WOW you are predictable nothing for ages, no mention of the decent form towards the end of the season, however as soon as something you can make fit with your doomsday prophecy then out from under your rock you crawl.

Whilst it's not ideal that our manager is being coveted by others it is a positive and shows that we are moving in the right direction and IF Potter does leave then the next manager can / will come in and have the chance to build upon his good work.

The club has to get the right replacement in place (IF Potter leaves) and quickly (much like Brighton are trying to do) so that planning can start to avoid the "nailed on relegation". 

How do you know the brand of football will be probably bit hit and hope like Monk / Clement provided, unless your doomsday visions have already shown you who the next manager is !!

I'll go on record and say Swansea City will not be relegated next season (with our without Potter) for which I have no basis to make this prediction other than my gut feeling (but is more likely to be right than your doomsday prophecies).

Sorry rant over but Andrew2 you do make my blood boil
  • Andrew, whilst we might be on the verge of free fall, your statement - 'relegation looks nailed on for next season, it was going to be a struggle with Potter here working miracles with what he had to work with' doesn't ring true. We only just missed out on the play offs so the current squad is clearly good enough to put a big push in for promotion next season.
  • Mark G

Really ? You really think that the squad will be here next season ? You think the new manager will have them playing like Potter has ?

Oli 
    Fer 
    Roberts 
    VDH 
    James 
    Grimes 
    Byers
    Rodon will go in January

They will also try and move Dyer, Routledge will be offered peanuts to stay, I could go on.

You think what is left after the above leave will make it ? 

Are you serious ? Have you been keeping up for the last four years ?

• Although I hope we keep Potter, I don't believe we would get relegated without him if say Leon and Tate took the reigns, as they are Jack through and through and would carry on playing good football.
    However if we lose the players Andrew thinks we will lose, then its curtains.
    They will probably get 10+M for James, 5M VDH, Oli not sure but probably 5M, Grimes 5M and of course Celina about 7M, that's a fair wedge if offers come in, so who knows, will the owners back the team, or back themselves.
    Before anyone says the valuations are too low, its irrelevant because if they do sell the money is gone and better players will not be found for less. The next month will tell
  • Did you consult the 90 year old oracle for this tripe Andrew?
    What a load of self aggrandising shite. 
    Same as usual. doom doom and double doom....boring as F....

• One thing is for sure the main priority this summer in terms of transfers is to move on the Ayews, Baston, Carroll and Montero, and most likely not re-sign Bony, Fer, Narsingh and Olsson

Getting them 9 of the payroll will be very good business and leaves the majority of this seasons squad together and yes it seems likely that James will leave but hopefully Trevor Birch will secure a very good deal for him.
    Routledge I think would accept lower salary as wherever he goes it's likely going to be on a reduced salary, so why not stay where you and are family are settled with your role in the squad is clearly defined.

So in  reality if we can shift the aforementioned players the investment required to make a push for the playoffs would not be huge a Centre Forward, Left Back, Centre Back and Centre Midfielder would do very nicely thank you.

We spent about 7m last summer so is it reasonable to think a similar investment may be available this summer add to that a couple of loans and some of the U23's stepping up (maybe Dhanda and Asoro!!) then we will have a season to look forward to.
  • You should put your house on it, mate. 

Same old nonsense we heard last summer.
  • Andrew, You said what he had to work with this season, not next season. We don't know who's leaving so as it stands if potter stays and we keep the squad together we'll be fine. Even losing DJ, we'll be pushing for promotion. 
  • Andrew also said we would get relegated and go into administration last season that prediction went well. He also said Potter wasn’t up to the job again nonsense.
  • Phillip said:
    Although I hope we keep Potter, I don't believe we would get relegated without him if say Leon and Tate took the reigns, as they are Jack through and through and would carry on playing good football.
    However if we lose the players Andrew thinks we will lose, then its curtains.
    They will probably get 10+M for James, 5M VDH, Oli not sure but probably 5M, Grimes 5M and of course Celina about 7M, that's a fair wedge if offers come in, so who knows, will the owners back the team, or back themselves.
    Before anyone says the valuations are too low, its irrelevant because if they do sell the money is gone and better players will not be found for less. The next month will tell
    I love Leon and Tate and they are Jack through and through, so am I but the good news, I won't be putting in for the job and neither should the two above.
    Any money from sales will be used to balance the books which is not a bad thing per se, if we could get the drain players out, sell one or two and give Potter (or whoever) a small budget then we can build on what we done this year.
  • I just wonder what managers are on the white board should GP go ???
  • A Very insightful post from Andrew again, and yet more head in the sand responses.  I must assume they are relatively young supporters who are yet to experience the real world of fund managers running football clubs. Other wise their lack of insight is alarming. Keep it up Andrew
  • 30 to 40 million is a huge financial hole to fill in the championship and if Potter goes who will come in to a club with a debt that size with the prospect of losing a few players just to fill the hole before funds are available . It would have to be someone out of work as they won’t want to pay any compo due to having no money
  • I think this summer will say everything that needs to be said on Andrew's predictions. We have a bunch of saleable assets - and if the window closes with a significant number of them not here nd note placed with similar standard, then Andrew will be completely vindicated.
    An early indiction will be if GP votes with his feet - because (for sure) Potter will be seeking assurances on squad and budget from Trevor Birch at this very moment as he weighs up the offers to manage elsewhere.
    If we can sell James for decent money and trim the dead wood then maybe that will be enough. For sure this transfer window will be a VERY clear marker
    ColinNorthamptongarythenotrashcougar
  • The thing is, Andrew, you say the same thing every summer, the dark clouds are gathering yet again.
    In 2012, we'd be a one season wonders, in 2013, second season syndrome, then 14/15/16/17, much the same. Then when it happened in 2018 you were vindicated and hailed as insightful, do me a fecking favour. Do you and Big Oak really support the same team as me?
    Here's the thing, we've been punching above our weight for the last 10 years, its not insightful at all to be the prophet of doom each season, get behind the club FFS.
    GingergitBobPablo
  • I think everyone has some of it correct.
    Sell James, Keep Potter, keep the other players and who knows.
    This season we had a surplus of say 30M from what we sold but we did have some highly paid players which we mostly farmed out and only lost big time on Bony but no more than 3m.
    This year alone we had a parachute payment of 45M, we also had season ticket sales, championship money and enough from the FA cup to weigh up against Bony's lost wages.
    The players wages have been slashed to well within any championship budget and with gates that only average 14000 next year should see us Ok.
    Current estimates would suggest if we had a 30 man first team squad on an average of 10K a week would only see us lay out 15M, yes I know some might be on more but loads will be on less, I am sure most of this years players like Grimes, Byers, Fulton, would love 10K a week, I am also sure Routledge and Dyer would play for that in their twilight years Players like VDH is currently on 11K even Mawsen when he left was only on 20K a week.
    We need to lose the other wages and fees that contribute hugely to the problem, we need transparency from the owners and engagement with the fans.
    The owners need to get us to trust them and show a commitment by presenting a detailed plan on what they are actually going to do before they do it.
    I still hope we all get what we want, a team who plays good football with success a bonus 
  • Andrew2 posts on here about 3 years ago and outlines his belief that the club is going to go into freefall on and off the pitch, we will be relegated from the PL, the owners will be bad for the club, and we will go into administration.

The only thing he's not yet been proven right about is the last bit.

I've gone on record many times - I find his relentless negativity too much to my taste sometimes, but only an idiot would attempt to deny that broadly, it's gone almost exactly the way he said it would.

Yet most people want to pick him up on minutae in his predictions that he may have not have got quite right down to the last letter. 

Strange old world. 
  • Grimes has been earning £10k since he signed from Exeter. Fulton's on his 4th or 5th contract renewal.

Dyer's only 31, twilight years is a bit harsh.
  • jasper_T said:
    Grimes has been earning £10k since he signed from Exeter. Fulton's on his 4th or 5th contract renewal.

I don't know where you get Grimes on 10K a week since 2014/15 when he signed, the figures banded about wages are far exaggerated, after tax he would have cleared well over 1M in 4years, own a big house and a flash car, the same with all theses under 23 players who have just come through. their lifestyles or most of them don't portray that. 
    The truth is no one knows exactly what they earn, one paper says Dyer is on 43K a week others say 27K and that was before relegation, same with Olson, Fer, so why would we pay them more than the club they were leaving when no one wanted them. Clucus, just relegated in his first season, no one wanted him, yet we sign him and reportedly double his wages. either everybody is guessing or we have the most stupid owners in history. Hull, QPR, AV were all having fire sales giving players away and we gobble them up for whatever they asked. The price of a player is only high when many clubs want them, perhaps they have finally learnt that. I apologise for Dyer being in his twilight years but unfortunately unless he can change his role like Milner 31 is quite old for a pace player.
    On the bright side no ones gone yet, so is it the lull before the storm or the lull before stability 
  • jollyboy said:
    The thing is, Andrew, you say the same thing every summer, the dark clouds are gathering yet again.
    In 2012, we'd be a one season wonders, in 2013, second season syndrome, then 14/15/16/17, much the same. Then when it happened in 2018 you were vindicated and hailed as insightful, do me a fecking favour. Do you and Big Oak really support the same team as me?
    Here's the thing, we've been punching above our weight for the last 10 years, its not insightful at all to be the prophet of doom each season, get behind the club FFS.

We weren't punching above our weight, we won the league cup in 2013, they sacked Laudrop, Monk continued with Laudrops players and we had Shelby and went up to light heavyweight finishing 8th. Monk sells or gives away our most talented players with HJ's blessing and we struggle, HJ presumes the role of dictator of football and from then on it went south, realised he was in a mess, so sold out possibly thinking there was a solution and financial backing. Burnley and Bournemouth followed  our plan, they are still doing OK, both have stuck with a good manager and buy cheap first before selling
  • Phillip said:
    jasper_T said:
    Grimes has been earning £10k since he signed from Exeter. Fulton's on his 4th or 5th contract renewal.

I don't know where you get Grimes on 10K a week since 2014/15 when he signed, the figures banded about wages are far exaggerated, after tax he would have cleared well over 1M in 4years, own a big house and a flash car, the same with all theses under 23 players who have just come through. their lifestyles or most of them don't portray that. 
    The truth is no one knows exactly what they earn, one paper says Dyer is on 43K a week others say 27K and that was before relegation, same with Olson, Fer, so why would we pay them more than the club they were leaving when no one wanted them. Clucus, just relegated in his first season, no one wanted him, yet we sign him and reportedly double his wages. either everybody is guessing or we have the most stupid owners in history. Hull, QPR, AV were all having fire sales giving players away and we gobble them up for whatever they asked. The price of a player is only high when many clubs want them, perhaps they have finally learnt that. I apologise for Dyer being in his twilight years but unfortunately unless he can change his role like Milner 31 is quite old for a pace player.
    On the bright side no ones gone yet, so is it the lull before the storm or the lull before stability 
    This isn't a number "banded about". I got it from someone who shouldn't have been talking back when he signed.

PL players earn obscene amounts, and once the "free" transfers started arriving our pay structure was destroyed. Our wage bills clearly show we weren't picking up bargains.
  • It is like deja vu on here. Many again return to ridicule my posts, which is fine. They say same old nonsense. Same as what exactly ? Same as I told you what would happen when Laudrup told the players it was ok to be stuffed by Liverpool before the final ?

Same as I told what would happen when Jenkins appointed himself DOF ? Most said that he had not.

Same as I said when he went manager hunting in S America ? He was in America , but not South. That was a real laugh, even the press believed him with that one.

Same as telling you where we would end up if Jenkins was not removed from the club 5 years ago ?

Same as telling you they would undersell every player they could as long as they sold them. Which they did, and lied about the sale value or hid the truth

Same as I told you they would hide the accounts from The Trust, and The Trust would never see accurate records, most said this was impossible blah blah, well there we go, it was very easy

You will all see how they have removed a vast amount of "fees" from the club very soon, just after the last parachute arrives, just before the club is available for next to nothing or enters administration.

All the nonsense about me having some vendetta against Jenkins , all rubbish, I had a vendetta because I knew he was about to ruin SCFC, he did it while laughing at 90% of supporters.

Anyway, continue to follow the likes of the Jenkins loving Pablo, that even now thinks the new owners are here for the good of the club. Grief, many on here really need a wake up call, 5 years the owners club have laughed at us, you still think there is some miracle around the corner.

Some must even believe in Santa or Farage, the political equivalent of Jenkins.

enaitchgarythenotrashcougarbigoak
  • edited May 17
    Lets wait and see what happens with GP. If he goes its a very difficult reset, or are you saying we will be relegated no matter what.

Did you say we would be relegated in 2018/19? If so its just negativity, if you predicted we would  finish close to the play offs, but now you are worried that GP will go and we will have another unsettled preseason thats altogether different, and valid.

We havent had a settled preseason for years, and another unsettled one is the last thing we need.

I’ll make a prediction as well just to join in the fun. If GP stays we will finish 4th and go up through the play offs.
  • Phillip said:
    jollyboy said:
    The thing is, Andrew, you say the same thing every summer, the dark clouds are gathering yet again.

We weren't punching above our weight, we won the league cup in 2013, they sacked Laudrop, Monk continued with Laudrops players and we had Shelby and went up to light heavyweight finishing 8th. Monk sells or gives away our most talented players with HJ's blessing and we struggle, HJ presumes the role of dictator of football and from then on it went south, realised he was in a mess, so sold out possibly thinking there was a solution and financial backing. Burnley and Bournemouth followed  our plan, they are still doing OK, both have stuck with a good manager and buy cheap first before selling
    The same role as he's been doing since 2002, some on here think he only stepped in once Laudrup had lost interest, you'd be very much mistaken. His job was to deal with players/ agents, not to pick players, that was for the scouts and managers to do, some did it far better than others and Laudrup was probably the best.
  • Lets wait and see what happens with GP. If he goes its a very difficult reset, or are you saying we will be relegated no matter what.

Did you say we would be relegated in 2018/19? If so its just negativity, if you predicted we would  finish close to the play offs, but now you are worried that GP will go and we will have another unsettled preseason thats altogether different, and valid.

We havent had a settled preseason for years, and another unsettled one is the last thing we need.

I’ll make a prediction as well just to join in the fun. If GP stays we will finish 4th and go up through the play offs.
    Only 4th!! Now you are starting to sound as sad and depressing as Andrew2 ????????????
    SpringheeledJack
  • Andrew2 said:
    It is like deja vu on here. Many again return to ridicule my posts, which is fine. They say same old nonsense. Same as what exactly ? Same as I told you what would happen when Laudrup told the players it was ok to be stuffed by Liverpool before the final ?

Same as I told what would happen when Jenkins appointed himself DOF ? Most said that he had not.

Same as I said when he went manager hunting in S America ? He was in America , but not South. That was a real laugh, even the press believed him with that one.

Same as telling you where we would end up if Jenkins was not removed from the club 5 years ago ?

Same as telling you they would undersell every player they could as long as they sold them. Which they did, and lied about the sale value or hid the truth

Same as I told you they would hide the accounts from The Trust, and The Trust would never see accurate records, most said this was impossible blah blah, well there we go, it was very easy

You will all see how they have removed a vast amount of "fees" from the club very soon, just after the last parachute arrives, just before the club is available for next to nothing or enters administration.

All the nonsense about me having some vendetta against Jenkins , all rubbish, I had a vendetta because I knew he was about to ruin SCFC, he did it while laughing at 90% of supporters.

Anyway, continue to follow the likes of the Jenkins loving Pablo, that even now thinks the new owners are here for the good of the club. Grief, many on here really need a wake up call, 5 years the owners club have laughed at us, you still think there is some miracle around the corner.

Andrew,

You say that we "will all see how they have removed a vast amount of "fees" from the club very soon".

Can you explain what you mean by that? How is that going to happen?
  • Andrew2 said:
    It is like deja vu on here. Many again return to ridicule my posts, which is fine. They say same old nonsense. Same as what exactly ? Same as I told you what would happen when Laudrup told the players it was ok to be stuffed by Liverpool before the final ?

Andrew,

You say that we "will all see how they have removed a vast amount of "fees" from the club very soon".

People have been saying it every year since the new owners took over. Standard conspiracy theory nonsense.
  • jasper_T said:
    Andrew2 said:

Andrew,

People have been saying it every year since the new owners took over. Standard conspiracy theory nonsense.

Yes Jasper, I realise that, but I'm asking Andrew why he thinks we will all soon see how they did it - if they have done it.