Good luck, Graham

It's highly unlikely he reads this site, but nonetheless I would just like to just thank Graham for his efforts since taking over.

IMO we would have been relegated without his vision, enterprise and innovation last season. He is also a very dignified man, never once briefing against our dreadful owners in public, despite having plenty of cause to do so. 

I'm sorry to say this because it hurts but in the end we didn't deserve him. He moves to a better run club with a better set up, better prospects and a better transfer kitty. He's earned that. Good luck to him.

All the best, Graham.
jasper_TJackareme

Comments

• He had us playing attractive football. Some of his set-ups were ridiculous, and his substitutions cost us more points than we needed to get into the play-offs. I am sad to see him go but he was not the finished article and he won’t last long at Brighton.
  • A man who left us better than when he arrived. I thank him for that.

Im just saddened by the fact he hasnt stayed. He has gone to another club, so he is a rival manager now. So I dont really care how he does.
    Cadleigh
  • @Cadleigh

I would agree he's not the finished article, but there's no call for that last bit - have some class, for goodness' sake. 
  • A new chapter in the history of the club beckons, the hard yards continue for Birch, move on
    Cadleigh
  • Well said on your opening comments @garythenotrashcougar

Thanks Graham for the excellent job done this season

However I also am of the opinion he will struggle at Brighton next season. Maybe not to the extreme @Cadleigh has put but I still think it's a tough job there for him 
  • Thank you Graham. Best of luck for the future.
  • He knew what he was signing up for. He said he had a project. He’s let us down badly. No loyalty in football. Totally lost all my respect 
    CadleighKeith
  • Our club is a complete mess

• Highly unlikely our next manager will  be of the same calibre imo. We did well to land him in the first place. Assuming the reassurances he was looking for weren't forthcoming hence the departure. Grim. 
  • JoH said:
    Highly unlikely our next manager will  be of the same calibre imo. We did well to land him in the first place. Assuming the reassurances he was looking for weren't forthcoming hence the departure. Grim. 
    Maybe. And maybe he stayed in Sweden all that time because his kids were settled there, and now we’ve given him the kick he needed to move, he’s realised Swansea to Brighton is not so daunting after all. 
    JoH
  • I want desperately to wish him all the best particularly as he has always come across as a very decent man, but I simply can't get past the feeling of being let down. I guess we should be used to that with the likes of Roberto and Brendan not to mention our previous owners. 
  • Gardo said:
    I want desperately to wish him all the best particularly as he has always come across as a very decent man, but I simply can't get past the feeling of being let down. I guess we should be used to that with the likes of Roberto and Brendan not to mention our previous owners. 
    It is easy to fall into the trap of feeling sorry for ourselves here - let down, betrayed, etc. As @Cadleigh has said, perhaps this sits somewhere between Roberto and Brendan in terms of how it feels (not for me personally, but I can understand how some may feel that way)

But to dwell on Potter going, and paint him as a villain to a greater or lesser extent, simply detracts from the huge problems we have. This isn't about Graham Potter. It's about a football club that no longer provides managers with the conditions to thrive. That's a far bigger worry for me.