Football betting site Betway

Potential New Managers

so we move on from considering players to the really important issue of a new manager.

I am genuinely struggling to come up with candidates. I believe Daniel Stendal is the only candidate I can come up with. But damn it I cant come up with a single reason why he would want to come to us.

Help!

Comments

• Tongue in cheek. Kenny Jackett
  • Perhaps GP was scouting a new manager this week, but I dont think so. I like Kenny, but we need a new manager who plays more possession football.

Perhaps we need to look at some German managers, has Klopp got any spare time!
  • so we move on from considering players to the really important issue of a new manager.

I am genuinely struggling to come up with candidates. I believe Daniel Stendal is the only candidate I can come up with. But damn it I cant come up with a single reason why he would want to come to us.

Help!
    Of course there are people out there, if there weren’t we might as well lock the Liberty doors and throw away the keys!!

Potter had been on our horizon before he was appointed yet he was questioned by some fans when he arrived.

Should Birch start trawling through the European leagues for a young, bright number 2 in Germany or Austria such as other clubs have done or will he look 
    Cadleigh
  • SidSid
    edited May 18
    What a complete shambles we are. Obviously he hasn't liked what the owners have told re assurances. 
    Who the bloody hell would want to come to us. 
    Get these fucking yanks out before it's too fucking late. 
    And ffs wake up scfc trust . Pull your fingers out and do something. 
    Had a gutsfull. 
    PaulTjasper_TBigGJackareme
  • @Colin_swansea  Any idea who they are, because I am strugglin* to come up with ideas and I do try and keep track of these things.

We have 3 weeks in order to not have another f*cking sh*tty preseason and also create even more doubt amongst our players.

As a start, we should not sell any of our players to Brighton, Id prefer to sell for less money to another club.
  • Come on guys, names who play possessiom football. GP was a one off, and apotentially great manager for us. 

Who is out there?
    jasper_T
  • Is Cameron Toshack up  to the job?
    He helped develop a lot of the current first team
  • Surely if they are needing to save money they will promote Cameron Toshack to the First team Manager & leave Gary Richards looking after the u23's, even with a pay rise it will be a small investment.
  • edited May 18
    Maybe the news on Leon being our new Vice Chairman was slightly askew and instead the story should have been Leon is next manager. Not a serious thought just postulating
  • Well we didnt do badly when we promoted our u23 players perhaps its time we promoted our u23 manager
    Pablo
  • I've previously suggested Slavisa Jokanovic when Potter's departure was on the cards, or should I say a foregone conclusion. To my knowledge he is not currently managing anyone and maybe he feels he has unfinished business in the prem. He got Fulham into the prem playing stylish football but it all went south when the owners took on the responsibility of signing players in the belief that throwing money at it would be enough to keep them up.
    JackaremeDubDragonKeith
  • @Gardo First postive suggestion. Congrats. Do youthink we canafford his salary?
  • edited May 18
    How about 

Slavisa Jokanovic or David Wagner

Any thoughts?
    jasper_T
  • Rowett is decent in my opinion. But I wouldn't have any issues with Toshack becoming number 1, with Richards as 2?

Roberto's old number 2, Jones would have been good IMO had he not already signed at Luton
  • SVJack said:
    Rowett is decent in my opinion. But I wouldn't have any issues with Toshack becoming number 1, with Richards as 2?

Roberto's old number 2, Jones would have been good IMO had he not already signed at Luton
    Not Rowett, in my opinion, he his massively overrated.

It's a tough one but we seem to do better when the choice is left field, however not sure how left field Mr Birch's contact book is?

How about Mikel Arteta or Danny Cowley

Or even Chris Houghton!!
  • Leon? 

Bollocks to the vice chairman bit, get him in the dugout
  • Apparently Jokanovic has already been interviewed by West Brom - s**t ! How about the ex West Brom manager Darren Moore ? He was sacked when they were 4th in the Championship and almost pulled off a miraculous escape from relegation in the prem while in caretaker charge with an impressive run of results at the back end of the 17/18 season. Both these managers probably feel that they have something to prove to their previous boards.
  • Gardo said:
    Apparently Jokanovic has already been interviewed by West Brom - s**t ! How about the ex West Brom manager Darren Moore ? He was sacked when they were 4th in the Championship and almost pulled off a miraculous escape from relegation in the prem while in caretaker charge with an impressive run of results at the back end of the 17/18 season. Both these managers probably feel that they have something to prove to their previous boards.
    Moore's a defensive coach. Relied on his assistant for the attacking side but he's since found a new job.
  • Chris Coleman
    Tony Pulis
    Gary Rowett
    Chris Hughton
    Michael Flynn Newport Manager
    would any of these names be considered for the job 
    Alamo_Jack
  • I hope not that would be disastrous 
  • Jokanovic, De Boer over all those that Hoppy listed as at least they try and play football. Failing that may be an academy boss at ? Ajax, Bayern. Would they come? Probably not if we don’t have a pot to piss in (allegedly). So then we’re left with in house, Toshack, Richards, Leon, Tatey and ? Rangel if he has his badges. Can’t see anyone on there other than in house or unsuitable candidates wanting to take this job especially if we carry on flogging players. Still we’re all still alive eh and still only one division below the Prem for the moment at least.
  • I can’t understand why people are getting in such a state on here.

- We have an experienced chairman who knows what he is doing.
    - The academy is safe
    - We have a decent squad which needs work in places, and will need some more holes filled this transfer window, but is basically better than most in this division
    - We are well on course to financial stability now most of the high earners are gone
    - We play attractive, passing football and can more than hold our own in this league
    - The manager has one at the right time for us to get someone in to build for next season

Personally a few seasons in the Championship would be fine by me.
    enaitchdeekay
  • Too much sense in your post Cadleigh, get back to bed and dream of conspiracy theories!!
    enaitchCadleighChris_Sharman
  • @Cadleigh

I can only answer for me, it’s the disruption. How long will it take to appoint a new manager, we have to find one who wants to play the way we like, is prepared to have very limited funds to strengthen the squad, is likely to face some of our best existing first team players wanting to leave (I’m thinking Matt will certainly now go to Everton if the offer arrives). We have 4 weeks to get someone in the door before preparation for pre season starts.

The new manager also has to want to come, he won’t know the players (unless we appoint CT) and the players won’t know if they fit with the new manager, so will be unsettled, and he will want some time to decide where we strengthen without having the scouting infrastructure.

We will probably have a reduced preseason and inevitably the team will be learning new systems. 

None of that is conducive to having a strong season, it tends to point to the opposite.

Ive always believed the 2nd year out of the PL will be our best chance to get promotion, it will only get more difficult every year thereafter. I was hopeful based on what I have seen that we would mount a very serious challenge the coming season.

Im not as sanguine as you, as the Championship is a very hard league to get promoted from but a very easy league to get relegated from.
  • Adkins has been suggested by jasper and his contract is up next month, Rowett is a free agent, Hibs’s Heckingbottom has 3 years left while McCann of Donny has a year.
    On the European scene a variety of names from German football 
  • Then let’s get moving, time is a wasting!
  • Jokanovich would be my first choice but I think he wouldn’t get on with our owners and would want sufficient backing.personally I would give it to Toshack and Richards give them a go. You never know it might be a master stroke 
  • We need to promote from within, someone who genuinely loves the club. The last thing we need is someone else who will sit in front of the media spouting bollocks about a long term plan and 'this wonderful club' when ultimately it's just words and they really don't give a f##k.
    I would be happy with Cameron Toshack, Leon or Tatey.
    Coleman, Pulis etc and I'd probably slit my wrists
  • Cadleigh said:
    I can’t understand why people are getting in such a state on here.

- We have an experienced chairman who knows what he is doing.
    - The academy is safe
    - We have a decent squad which needs work in places, and will need some more holes filled this transfer window, but is basically better than most in this division
    - We are well on course to financial stability now most of the high earners are gone
    - We play attractive, passing football and can more than hold our own in this league
    - The manager has one at the right time for us to get someone in to build for next season

Personally a few seasons in the Championship would be fine by me.

Arch_StantonGardo