Football betting site Betway

So what happens now, Limbo-time but not in a good way

We need to hear from the club, we can’t wait whilst discussions happen between GP and Brighton, that would be wasting time.

When are the club going to start the manager search, we can’t get stuck in a limbo, we need to start the search for a new manager now.

GP should resign now and allow a clean break. Irrespective we start setting up the short list today and start work setting up potential interviews on Monday.

Tick, tock.

Comments

• Have Brighton made it public. No. When conversions between the clubs have come to a close, all will be made public
  • edited May 19
    We still can’t get stuck in a limbo and wait for GP and Brighton to agree a deal. As I understand it, GP has said he wants to leave, so that is a resignation. The rest is mechanics, life and we need to move on.

Start talking to new pot3ntial managers on Monday, we aren’t dependent on Brighton. The talks are between GP and Brighton, once the clause is invoked and GP says I want to go. We can’t waste our time on this.
  • If Birch isn’t already on the case he will disappoint many, including myself. Time for patience unfortunately 
    ColinNorthampton
  • It doesn't matter what manager we bring in, they will just be the next sticking plaster. If we're lucky, we might find someone as good as Potter was at papering over the cracks. I hope so, because if we get this one wrong we're in a heap of trouble. 
  • I agree, just a statement by the Club would help, why not just issue a brief press release saying what has happened and we are already starting to put together a list.

Lets hav3 a break with the past, where we don’t hear anything and time drags on, and it feels like no one has a grip.

Sometimes you have to talk to people, and say the words.
  • If everybody had your thought process we might as well throw away the keys now. 

There are vacancies on the Trust arising shortly so why not put your name down and get a different aspect on what is going on. 

Having said that it suits your agenda to remain in anonymity behind your keyboard and bleat the end of the world is nigh!!
    Cadleigh
  • Bizarrely we have probably blown our best chance of getting rid of the Americans. If we could get into the PL then the Americans would probably be keen to sell to get the best return, now they may well hang on for longer.

i hoped with Trevor Birch and GP there was some hope the club could be sold to someone with at least some feeling for football with money to invest.

Ah well, move on
  • If everybody had your thought process we might as well throw away the keys now. 

There are vacancies on the Trust arising shortly so why not put your name down and get a different aspect on what is going on. 

Having said that it suits your agenda to remain in anonymity behind your keyboard and bleat the end of the world is nigh!!
    Colin 

A couple of things.

If you don't like my posts, scroll past.

Secondly, I'm a Trust member, I attend the meetings and get all the updates, same as you and anyone else. That's enough for me, I have no wish to become more involved. And it certainly doesn't preclude me from having an opinion. 

I repeat - if you don't like my posts, tough shit. 

Colin 

A couple of things.

Secondly, I'm a Trust member, I attend the meetings and get all the updates, same as you and anyone else. That's enough for me, I have no wish to become more involved. And it certainly doesn't preclude me from having an opinion. 

gary,
    when did I say I didn't like your posts, your narratives are usually one sided while your blinkered viewpoint is symptomatic of somebody who doesn't want to know the real facts of what is going at the club. Your supposed passion for the club and the time you spend behind the keyboard would be better served from fighting from within instead of from the outside, and that road can be done by getting on the Trust committee. 

Colin 

A couple of things.

gary,
    when did I say I didn't like your posts, your narratives are usually one sided while your blinkered viewpoint is symptomatic of somebody who doesn't want to know the real facts of what is going at the club. Your supposed passion for the club and the time you spend behind the keyboard would be better served from fighting from within instead of from the outside, and that road can be done by getting on the Trust committee. 
    Real facts?

Your real facts, you mean.

The real facts are this Colin.

When the owners took over in 2016, we were a mid-table Premier League club, with one of the best keepers in the league, one of the best attacking midfielders in the league, and the captain of Wales at centre back. 

Now we are a mid-table Championship club, with them having sold off any playing assets they could (including all those I've mentioned above), often at knockdown prices, with the promise of more sales to come. 

Now, they have basically rolled over and let the best manager we have had in years go with barely any attempt to keep him (unless you want to believe the Gareth Vincent propaganda machine).

I've got far better things to do with my time than become heavily involved with the Trust. I am on the record many times as being a big supporter of what they do, their heart is in the right place always, but they are toothless to stop what is going on. They have no clout. The best they can hope for is a payday in court to put towards a rainy day fund, but they won't change the current constitution of the club. The damage is done. 
    Keith