No Pre-Season Tour
No Pitch
Lost a number of players already.

Pre season training starts in 3 weeks.  

Panic. 
Pablo

Comments

• Sounds like normal service from the Un-Dynamic Duo
  • Charlie have you any idea how many Championship clubs have signed any players yet for next season?
  • Charlie10 said:
    No Manager
    No Head of Recruitment
    No Signings
    No New Kit
    No Pre-Season Tour
    No Pitch

Panic. 
    The search for manager and head of recruitment is underway - the club has been forced down this road and is (I hope) taking the time to ensure they make the right appointments.
    As mentioned there are no significant signings by anyone yet (expect activity from July 1st due to standard player contracts)
    The pitch is being re-laid and will be pristine by kick off
    I am sure we will find a set of jerseys for the players
    The only player we have lost (that we did not want to) is DJ and we got a pretty decent return, and his departure was inevitable.
    We have announced a number of pre season fixtures - why do we need to go on tour?

Not saying all is perfect, and I am no apologist for the club - but pop a cold one and enjoy the summer break before we start getting really stressed
    TauntonJack
  • We have a shrewd and experienced chairman, Brits and Curt having a say, even with some losses we have a fantastic crop of young players, we will (and I’ll stand by this) be playing an attractive style of football, and we might just get a manager who can sort our defensive naivety and goalkeeping issues. Lots to look forward to- we’ve ridden some huge storms in the past, and, the owners notwithstanding, we’ll ride them again. I say that on the basis of my sixty years of following the Swans. We have to be positive or walk away. I’ll go for the former and take my chances. STID
    TauntonJackNatterjackbigoak
  • Spot on Madryn my thoughts exactly.Perhaps as we both have the same period of following the Swans there is some experience there  to guide us through tp another fascinating season.
    MadrynJackNatterjack
  • We have a shrewd and experienced chairman, Brits and Curt having a say, even with some losses we have a fantastic crop of young players, we will (and I’ll stand by this) be playing an attractive style of football, and we might just get a manager who can sort our defensive naivety and goalkeeping issues. Lots to look forward to- we’ve ridden some huge storms in the past, and, the owners notwithstanding, we’ll ride them again. I say that on the basis of my sixty years of following the Swans. We have to be positive or walk away. I’ll go for the former and take my chances. STID
    agree with most of what you posted but fans with your/our longevity don't walk away but a younger generation who have grown up on pc's, most do.
  • by all accounts they already have, Colin, by the number of Liverpool shirts around town on Champions League night, so I am told.

As for transfer action. It will start this week, when the FIFA international transfer  window opens.
  • The International transfer window opens on the 11th Jun, closes 2nd September
  • edited June 9
    er...it is only the first week in June.
    TauntonJack
  • er...it is only the first week in June.
    Will be saying the same in July ! Nothing will happen untill last few weeks of close season, its called saving money guys. when will you learn we are not a football club ,we are a fund
  • @bigoak perhaps we should call you Cassandra Bigoak, without mixing mythology metaphors
  • Charlie10 said:
    No Manager
    No Head of Recruitment
    No Signings
    No New Kit
    No Pre-Season Tour
    No Pitch

Panic. 
    State of the art training facilities, on a par with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Succesful academy structure

Club legends back in the fold

Switched on Chairman

Championship football (i grew up with us constantly yoyoing between div 3 and 4)

16k plus average crowds...(see above point and note 3500 was a BIG gate in those days) 

The last 11years or so have been superb (by and large).

No panic here ????
    CadleighMark_Jack_London
  • Not forgetting that the pitch is being taken care and the manager should be announced today.
  • Preseason starts in 2 weeks if we are to get a full preseason for once, but I dont think the time taken to get a Manager in place has taken too long, hopefully announcement today.

Then TB can get on with 2 Ayews and Borja, whilst running the interview process for the head of recruitment role. He still has a busy summer.

I hope we can get that Portugese youngster in as he would be a welcome addition.

Come on TB pull your finger out!!!!!!
  • Our track record in bringing Portugese  players in is quite poor
  • Thats before we had Trevor ‘Silver’ Birch on the job....or have you heard something?
  • You said, ‘I hope we can get that Portugese youngster in as he would be a welcome addition.’ 
    So, who is the player you are on about?
  • Ruben Lameiras now a free agent.
  • @Colin_swansea Lamerias was Plymouths star player and player of the year in their relegation season scroing 12 goals and something like 9 assists and is now on a free. I watched his highlights reel a few weeks ago, looks good
    Jackareme
  • Forgot about him, didn't realise that he was the player SpringheeledJack was posting about.
  • Also available on a free is Kyle Scott of Chelsea. another player we were linked with in January.
    Jackareme
  • Kyle Scott is Another player with some style about him that would suit us. I hope they are also talking about players as well as negotiating salary with SC.