Football betting site Betway

Fee

As I posted a few days ago, the fee for James is NOT £18m, but now saying somewhere near £15m, which is still incorrect, it will be £14.2 plus add ons that may or may not come in. These depend on Utd ending top 4/Champions League and how many times James plays, the list is endless.

So, everyone saying that the all conquering , football wonder man that is Birch has just dumped a £20m player for around £6m less than many think he was worth, and with the interest being shown, was probably achievable if the club were prepared to wait and play hard ball, rather than take the money, any money and run.

Nothing but nothing has changed from last summer, sell anyone at any price, replace with either free transfers or under 20 players.

Comments

• “was probably achievable if the club were prepared to wait and play hard ball, rather than take the money, any money and run.”

Didnt you criticise the owners when they stepped in to the negotiations on the Gylfi transfer, that saw Bony and Sanches arrive days before the window closed.
  • Last year of contract @Andrew2 ; - and more money than Liverpool paid for Shaqiri from Stoke who was a well established international at the time. I think the deal was fair and trending toward good for the Swans.
  • Andrew ---As ever you sound convinced about the figures.Have you made them up again.I'm sure you will deny doing so ,but it beggars belief that you have any real information at this stage.
    Just how many chips are on your shoulders?
  • My guess is if the transfer fee figure being bandied about isn’t accurate then so too this current lower fee has to be questioned as well. Either way we have to suck it up as the most important figure that has gone is that of Dan James and we are left with a massive hole to fill.
  • £15 million for a player with 30 game in the Championship under his belt with 1 year on his contract what a horrendous deal that is. Give up Andrew.
  • Andrew2

So how do you know for a fact, that the £14.2m + add ons is the correct figure ? 

While I'm on here, and as you are so sure that the yanks are here to extract every penny from the club, can you offer any reason why they would have authorised such a large expenditure on the Landore and Liberty pitches ? Incidentally, I had it from the head groundsman that the Liberty cost would be £1m this summer. OK, they might have been able to reduce the headline figure somewhat, but it's still a large expenditure.
  • Maybe Andrews figure is what the club gets after paying Hull a sell on fee ???
  • enaitch said:
    Maybe Andrews figure is what the club gets after paying Hull a sell on fee ???
    the sell on percentage was 5%
  • The Hull sell on fee has been widely reported as 5% of the upfront fee or £750,000 if the upfront fee is indeed £15m
    The problem is that there are 2 upfront fees reported of £15m and £18m depending on which journo you believe
    The Swans are either getting £14,250,000 or £17,100,000
    Either way it is a very big fee upfront with the prospect of a lot more
    The club may have done alittle better if they had tied him down to a longer contract last autumn but he was not in the team at the start of the season so they have done very well overall and so has DJ
    My interest is now in his replacement and it can't be Jeff as he is never fit for long
  • They came in with £10 million which was rejected. played hardball and they came up to £15 million. Swans wanted £20 million. They agreed with higher than £15 million with significant add on's and a sell on clause so i'm not sure who your sources are but id stick to the HP variety if I were you
  • Most commentators were saying £15M rather than £18M , so it is not unreasonable to assume the higher figure is the potential payment subject to add-on targets being achieved.
    I think £15M is a decent price and I am happy with that, especially after the ridiculously valuation and crazy loan fee being thrown around when he almost joined Leeds.
    He's done really well this season and I think deserves a move to a top 6 team. I'm looking forward with interest to seeing how he gets on next season.

I'm chuffed for him to be honest.

So the next discussion will be around whether this money goes towards paying off last season's debts/loans or whether it goes towards a couple of new Mercs for Jase and Steve.

I predict Connor Roberts will be the next to leave this Summer and I think £10M would be a fair price. 

Andrew - what is your valuation of Connor?

• £15m or thereabouts with add ons is good money for a player with one contract year left and has never played in the top tier.

I'm a huge fan of Dan James, I thought he was player of the year and he is the most exciting prospect we've produced since Joe Allen. But it's a decent deal. If he achieves and hits targets the money will continue to roll in for us in years to come.  
  • For me , he is still unproven and frankly 15 mil to a club like Manu is peanuts. if i was to be a bit controversial, i would say take his pace away and he is just a journey man. time will tell.  trouble with pace its easily lost. 

If the sale proves anything its nothings changed. I am willing to bet that we will appoint a manager as late has possible and there will be no players brought in on contract worthy of our shirt.
  • bigoak said:
    For me , he is still unproven and frankly 15 mil to a club like Manu is peanuts. if i was to be a bit controversial, i would say take his pace away and he is just a journey man. time will tell.  trouble with pace its easily lost. 

If the sale proves anything its nothings changed. I am willing to bet that we will appoint a manager as late has possible and there will be no players brought in on contract worthy of our shirt.
    Two more predictions for the Prediction Tracker thread! You deserve a productivity bonus!
    bigoak
  • Cadleigh said:
    bigoak said:
    For me , he is still unproven and frankly 15 mil to a club like Manu is peanuts. if i was to be a bit controversial, i would say take his pace away and he is just a journey man. time will tell.  trouble with pace its easily lost. 

Two more predictions for the Prediction Tracker thread! You deserve a productivity bonus!
    Well ,at least Cooper will get a few weeks to settle in, and as all fans i wish him well,  but who thinks this is areal gamble? or cheap option? he is totally unproven
  • bigoak said:
    Cadleigh said:
    bigoak said:

Well ,at least Cooper will get a few weeks to settle in, and as all fans i wish him well,  but who thinks this is areal gamble? or cheap option? he is totally unproven
    A bit like Potter, Roberto, Brendan, even Laudrup, all gambles, infant nearly every manager is a gamble
  • Jacktar said:
    bigoak said:
    Cadleigh said:
    bigoak said:

A bit like Potter, Roberto, Brendan, even Laudrup, all gambles, infant nearly every manager is a gamble
    The only name on your list who was a gamble was Brendan. 
    Jackareme
  • Every manager is a new gamble, some more than others. It all depends if the team buy into how he wants to play if not it only takes one or two players to disrupt a season by causing troubles in the ranks. Only have to look back to Monks time in charge.
  • We are all human after all, and I would think that  trying to control/manage  a diverse bunch of personalities always makes for a 'lottery' and particularly in sport.
  • If we end up having picked two good managers in a row, then that will be good news and certainly bucking the trend of recent years.

I just hope this one plays our style and stays for at least a couple of years.