Football betting site Betway

How truthful is the 60 interviews or applications

Seem to be scraping the barrel a bit with the shortlist that keeps being stated about.

I do not rate any of them as a way of getting us back to the Premier League.

I hope I am wrong.

Maybe there is still someone left field that no one knows about.

I will be backing our new manager to do well who ever it is but it is a bit of a depressing situation trying to pick something from all the crap that has been bandied about as potential candidates.

Comments

• I don’t rate any of them, to keep us in the championship. Utter CRAP short list. Where are we going mun. 
  • there were an enormous number of applicants, but very few of those were considered for interviews. even fewer made the 2nd interview stage.

and what credentials to you have to determine whether any of these interviewees are good enough to get us back to the PL?

who do you think we should have targeted?

• Premier league is something I doubt many of us on here will see again at the Liberty there’s bigger teams than us with better managers who have struggled to get back up . Staying in the championship will be handy for a few years and that I think will be an achievement of sorts . Let’s see who they appoint and let’s hope for entertainment then anything extra will be a Huge bonus 
  • You look at the list Mark JL and there was one who is at best described as unpredictable in Poyet
    The rest are either assistants or low league experience.

It gives as I stated a lack of confidence to the inexperienced eye like mine.

I am as we all are knowledgeable after the fact, admittedly there have been good managers who were not rated ie Martinez, Rodgers, but then we have had the likes of Monk and Clement  who proved duds.

The biggest problem is whether the type of managers that are being listed are as a result of no funds.

We all know there is no loyalty in the game. It provides good pay days though for those that use the system, that is players and managers.

As to who they should appoint I haven't got a clue as to an individual, except wanting them to fit the profile stated by Trevor Birch and with some experience of managing a 1st team.

Which for me rules the apparent short list plus Poyet on the grounds he is too unpredictable.

Then again who ever is appointed will get my support and hopefully not only prove me wrong if theyare off the apparent short list but progress the Swans

• @enaitch you may doubt the return of PL football, but please don’t project your insecurities on the rest of us
    enaitch
  • enaitch said:
    Premier league is something I doubt many of us on here will see again at the Liberty there’s bigger teams than us with better managers who have struggled to get back up . Staying in the championship will be handy for a few years and that I think will be an achievement of sorts . Let’s see who they appoint and let’s hope for entertainment then anything extra will be a Huge bonus 
    Quite a lot of fans said the same thing when Toshack's team started sliding out of the old First Division but you can never say never in football.
  • enaitch said:
    Premier league is something I doubt many of us on here will see again at the Liberty there’s bigger teams than us with better managers who have struggled to get back up . Staying in the championship will be handy for a few years and that I think will be an achievement of sorts . Let’s see who they appoint and let’s hope for entertainment then anything extra will be a Huge bonus 
    I dont feel like that at all....get our financial situation sorted amd we'll be back..

We have the infrastructure in place. Jeez, but for some horrendously naive results last year, (Ipswich, Hull away, Rotherham etc) we would have made it into the play offs, at least...and all that with major disruption behind the scenes. 

Fair enough, we wouldnt have been ready for PL football.  Im certain we'll get back sooner rather than later. We are actually a bigger club than we believe.

Fans need to start believing it and behaving as such. Hell Cardiff have had 2 promotions recently, without throwing money at it, and they have been in major turmoil in recent history.

Keep the faith, brother !!!!!!! ????????
    enaitch
  • edited June 12
    Seem to be scraping the barrel a bit with the shortlist that keeps being stated about.

I do not rate any of them as a way of getting us back to the Premier League.

I hope I am wrong.

Maybe there is still someone left field that no one knows about.

I will be backing our new manager to do well who ever it is but it is a bit of a depressing situation trying to pick something from all the crap that has been bandied about as potential candidates.

Paul, we don't have a new manager, we have (or will have) a head coach, there is a difference

80 applicants was what I heard and you can bet Leighton James is one