Football betting site Betway

Well seems like it is Steve Cooper

I hope my reservations are proved very wrong.
But what do I know anyway.
He will get my full backing and be given time to settle in.
I hope he gets some money to adjust the team to his liking quickly.
I wish him the best of luck
STID

Comments

• Possession football without fear
  • His CV is impressive in age grade football. He's coached some of the best young talent around. 

Fingers crossed he can do the same with our boys.

Weve also kept our own academy going, by not promoting Toshack. What an upheaval that would have been had we done so. So on paper it looks a good appointment. You can see the logic.

Good luck to him. This could be a very shrewd move
  • An exciting appointment, certainly the most interesting of all those mooted, but it still feels a massive gamble. I would feel a lot happier if I was confident that the net was cast far and wide across the continent to look for Potter's successor. I get the impression that we didn't really look beyond these shores - simply because there's no one with the appropriate know-how within the club. This isn't intended to criticise Birch, because he was brought in to sort out the finances, which he is well qualified to do, not for his DoF credentials. Finding a suitable candidate to fulfil that role should be the next priority, to ensure we're not left high and dry when Cooper inevitably leaves - hopefully because he's poached, rather than fired.
  • Wyn said:
    An exciting appointment, certainly the most interesting of all those mooted, but it still feels a massive gamble. I would feel a lot happier if I was confident that the net was cast far and wide across the continent to look for Potter's successor. I get the impression that we didn't really look beyond these shores - simply because there's no one with the appropriate know-how within the club. This isn't intended to criticise Birch, because he was brought in to sort out the finances, which he is well qualified to do, not for his DoF credentials. Finding a suitable candidate to fulfil that role should be the next priority, to ensure we're not left high and dry when Cooper inevitably leaves - hopefully because he's poached, rather than fired.
    nobody knows all of the names that put their names forward, or who else we approached and turned us down. 

I do know there were a lot of applicants, which Curt and Brits went through carefully. And managers who were still in jobs (and had done well in those jobs) that applied.

Added to that we do not have the luxury of waiting and waiting to make an appointment.

Time will tell, but I'd back the way we went about finding the manager this time from what I know, than we have in nearly all appointments since Laudrup.

And this time last year, we were hearing the same kinds of comments about Potter.

We'd gone for experience in Carlos, The Don, Brad, all with loads more experience as 'managers'. As we had with Clement - a serial No.2. And none of those turned out well.

JackaremeWynColin_swansea
  • I've certainly got a better feel for this appointment than I had for any prior to Potter, post-Laudrup, but based on not a lot, other than the fact that Cooper seems to have a well-matched background (although the info out there is very sketchy) and I trust Curtis' and Leon's instincts. However, whereas in Potter's case I was advocating his appointment well in advance of the decision being made (based on his track record, loads of articles setting out his philosophy, and witnessing Ostersunds performance at the Emirates), with Cooper this really seems a shot in the dark.

Never a dull day being a Swansea fan, that's for sure.
  • @Mark_Jack_London i dont remember hearing comments about GP that he had no experience of men’s football, and hadn’t ever managed a team to promotion in a competitive league.

Perhaps my memory is failing me!
  • The appointment of Cooper can be seen as a double edged sword in that if he fails with the Swans as so many are predicting then so will Trevor Birch in the eyes of many fans.
    Cooper is no Kevin Cullis and as much as he can be seen as a left field, or cheap option, he deserves to be given the chance to test himself in the shark invested waters of the EFL. Most fans won't deny him that opportunity but those fans will say, 'not at my club.' He will be closely judged as the preliminaries of pre-season training come to a head, as it was with Potter last season, and all one hopes is that by that time the club's finances continue to get addressed.
  • Chosen by Leon, Alan Curtis and Birch. He must offer a lot and hopefully we will see a progression of our style of play but with a defence.
    Manager seems to be in place well in time for transfers. He will offer his views even if not totally in control.
  • Looks like it’s time to buckle up and get on the rollercoaster ride that is SCFC. I’m looking forward to it once again with its up and downs, highs and lows.
    Jackareme