Bale

for me very poor tonight, Gareth cannot seem to do anything well at all and the goal we just gave away very poor defending cannot see us coming back from that now so we will be adrift but a long way to go in the comp

Comments

• edited June 11
    I don't doubt his commitment to Wales at all but the way he plays he really is going through the motions.
    I do think he's poorly used for the national team. Come to think of it the whole team is poorly set up and Giggs really has got a lot to answer for at the moment.
    Natterjack
  • Iff he’s not fit he shouldn’t be playing.and he’s obviously not fit!
  • Not being defeatist but Bale has done nothing in the last two games ...... may have even cost us and  tonight's game was an utter crap performance all round.
  • He needs to play week in week out at club level and regain his undoubted form
  • He should go out on loan to get some match practice. Any suggestions?
  • Cardiff, long ball over the top would suit him :D
  • The problem with Wales starts and ends with Giggs.

Odious individual, and a shit coach taking us backwards at a rate of knots. No plan, no shape, no pattern of play - nothing. This squad is better than that.

Thank God he didn't get the Swans job a couple of years back - dodged a bullet there. 
    Mark_Jack_London
  • Giggs is so lucky to have very talented young players at his disposal but has not got a clue how to set them up. I would play Bale as a number 10 and let the whizz kid's do the rest. We are going nowhere with Giggs. Young Tosh would do a better job with this talent. 
  • Unfit, unloved by his club manager and fans and looking terribly stale. Desperate for a fresh start and a decent period injury free.

DubDragon
  • Bale was awful generally with his best contribution coming from long throw ins (Vinnie Jones anyone?)

Don't like Madrid fans but they might be onto something. He needs to move on. 
  • Fair enough iff he’s not fit,well then he should have been busting a gut for an hour and then crawl off the field to be subbed.the guy never broke sweat absolute disgrace!
  • The poor b@stard has hardly played any first team games for weeks. 
    If it wasn’t for him getting in first, for at least 2 defensive headers, we would have been 2 down. 
    He was practically a one man team, when we got to the semi’s. 
    Give him a break ffs!
  • edited June 12
    J4cka said:
    The poor b@stard has hardly played any first team games for weeks. 
    If it wasn’t for him getting in first, for at least 2 defensive headers, we would have been 2 down. 
    He was practically a one man team, when we got to the semi’s. 
    Give him a break ffs!
    We weren't a one man team in the Euros! Aaron Ramsey, Joe Allen, Robson-Kanu etc.

Otherwise I agree with you.
  • Giggs is so lucky to have very talented young players at his disposal but has not got a clue how to set them up. I would play Bale as a number 10 and let the whizz kid's do the rest. We are going nowhere with Giggs. Young Tosh would do a better job with this talent. 
    Completely agree with you. What position did Giggs have him playing tonight?

I can't stand seeing him stuck out on the right wing and I sure as hell can't stand seeing him played up front on his own. What a bloody waste.
  • It was mentioned on this thread but Giggs is the reason for Wales inept displays recently

I could understand Ash coming in. Not for Mepham who was our best player Saturday. Lawrence was poor Saturday, kept his place and was at fault for Hungary's goal last night

When Ampadu went off we lost a bit of midfield control. Smith, just doesn't seem to offer anything and Hungary steamrollered us when he came on. Feel for the lad given his age but if he's good enough to play, he's good enough to get criticism. Would love to see us sign Ampadu on loan. 

Bale seemed to play as a false nine with Lawrence, Brooks and DJ behind. Clearly not Bales proper position. Ramsey to come back, he goes straight in I'm sure but how Giggs will change it I don't know. 
  • Lets be fair Hungary are bang average team no pace in their side no world class players just a well organised team.they were there for the taking and we offered nothing.
  • The performance was woeful and whenever I see Giggs in the dugout I simply can’t help getting that sinking feeling. Bale up top is not a top tactic. He can’t orchestrate from there.
  • I think we’re a decent team with good players and a decent manager,but the players let themselves down.next year when we’re all envious of dog shit teams like the ROI qualifying and we don’t we can look back on performances like this and say that’s why!
  • Giggs has taken us backwards. 
  •  It would have been better to have called this the Giggs thread. 
    Most replies are criticising his ineptitude, as an international manager, and I wholeheartedly agree with them. 
    The guy is a complete knob, untrustworthy, (ask his brother! ) couldn’t be asked to turn up for “friendly” Wales games. by not challenging Ferguson to do so. 
    Hasn't got a clue on systems, and how to integrate the players available to suit it. 
    And how could you not learn, from one of the greatest managers ever in football?
    Answer, you have to be a moron. 
    We are only going in one direction with Giggs, and that ain’t forwards. 
    As you might have guessed, I’m not one of his greatest fans, but sometimes you can’t blame the manager for everything, but you can blame the OAP’s in the Welsh FA, for appointing him in the first place. 
    I think it was always going to end in tears. 
  • Unless Gareth steps up to the challenge, he will continue to be marginalised at RM. lack of playing time will always affect impact footballers, like Gareth, as they rely on their sharpness/slight of foot. But if you check out his wages, I don’t think he’ll want a move anytime soon........
  • It may be that these half-hearted performances by some players may be due to them realising that Giggs has no clue what he's doing and they may be responding in the only way they can.
    Personally, I don't think he's got a plan A, let alone B.
    For me, I think that this squad/team is the best we've had for quite a while and is not being coached, inspired or set up as it should be.
    Shame on you FAW. 
    What a waste! 
  • Giggs should be sacked NOW,, while we still have a chance to qualify.