Football betting site Betway

Stevie Cooper's Barmy Army!

Just been announced on the official site - 3 year contract with Mike Marsh as his assistant.

I have a good feeling about this one  B)
DubDragonJackaremebarryMark_Jack_London

Comments

• Croeso/Welcome. A bold exciting appointment.
    DubDragon
  • Welcome to the Bay,and good luck.
    DubDragon
  • At last, he seems really pleased, up for it and wanting to get started. Mike Marsh has a bit of a steelly eyed look about him as well.

Welcome both of you, looking forward to season and I hope we can get that young Portuguese player as SCs first signing.

Buckle up guys, here we go again. Looking forward to the preseason matches.
    DubDragonJackaremeNatterjack
  • An appointment I can get behind. Things for Cooper and Marsh to sort

Who's going to be in goal. Benda ideally and as such sell Mulder and Nordfelt and get a back up

Sort out defending from set pieces and crosses. 2 New centre back wouldn't go a miss (see below re: spine)

Defensive midfielder with an ability to transition quickly like Leon used to

Never use Grimes at Left Back

Get a Left Back unless he plans on playing 3-5-2 in which case a back up LB is needed

Ensure the spine (Rodon, Grimes, Roberts, Mcburnie, Celina) are kept (appreciate it might not be his call given the Americans). Note VdH not in this as I think he wants to leave

Get an additional striker, playmaker either bought or on loan

That's a start  :)
  • I've no idea how he will fare and I will judge him on the style of play and results, but it is another left-field appointment, seemingly well researched and taken after careful consideration.

The big question is, why did we ever go away from this model when we were in the Premier League? 

I still maintain that if we'd appointed Potter after Monk, we'd be a comfortable mid table PL side still. It encourages me we've gone back to doing proper due diligence on our managers, but it don't half piss me off it took years of decline and eventual relegation to go back to it.
    SpringheeledJackSVJackenaitchgaretharogers
  • I've no idea how he will fare and I will judge him on the style of play and results, but it is another left-field appointment, seemingly well researched and taken after careful consideration.

The big question is, why did we ever go away from this model when we were in the Premier League? 

I still maintain that if we'd appointed Potter after Monk, we'd be a comfortable mid table PL side still. It encourages me we've gone back to doing proper due diligence on our managers, but it don't half piss me off it took years of decline and eventual relegation to go back to it.
    Spot on Gary. Those last two paragraphs were all about the desperation to stay in the Premier League at all costs. I sincerely hope this is a lesson learned. So from Harry Potter to Cooperman. Lets hope he can bring home the bacon this season. 
    SVJackSeaJack
  • I have to say under TB this has been an absolute example of “professionalism” I hope Mr Birch sticks around for a long time !
    He ‘gets’ a good DJ deal , he ‘gets’ the soul of the club , he ‘gets’ what I hope is a fitting managerial appointment ! And I trust him to appoint a good recruitment guy and even a good DOF Will we be promoted soon - No ! But my god will we be a club now on the front foot ! Maybe just maybe the Yanks will want to “ come on board”  and embrace the club more so than being just a ‘cash return’ 
  • To me so far that is the only fly in the ointment, the owners. Well done AC, LB and TB. And welcome to the fold Steve Cooper.
  • @Jeremy The owners cant come back into the fold. Surely you judge people by whether they are there when you need them. 

They disappeared as soon as it got tough. Im sure they will turn up if we get promoted, but no prodigal son reception from me.
  • I have a really good feeling about Tommy (gedit?)
    If the legend likes him, that’s good enough for me. 
    https://www.swanseacity.com/news/leon-cooper-perfect-fit-swansea
  • @J4cka You are right, those are the words I’ve been waiting to hear. Everyone can talk about wanting to play our style, but Leon obviously quized on the ‘how’ and got very specific satisfactory answers. 

Its the ‘how’ we need, not a philosophy, we have that already.

Really pleased Alan and Leon were involved, I hope they enjoyed the process, long though it must have felt!

Jackareme
  • edited June 15
    Every day I become more convinced that L&K have lost any remaining interest they had in sticking their nose into the football side of the club.  No more bullshit like appointing Bob Bradley which was obviously a pitiful attempt in increase our profile in the US.

Yes, we are still constrained by the financial limits that they choose not to help overcome, but the fact that Birch, Curt, and Leon are apparently driving the bus gives me confidence that we are heading in the right direction.  I'm really looking forward to the start of the season which I didn't think I'd be saying when I first heard Potter was leaving.
    Jackareme