Football betting site Betway

Comments

• Congratulations to TB on his general communications. It feels really good to get information from within the club - areal breath of fresh air!
    DubDragonJoe90
  • He's a proper fans chairman and I believe he's the genuine article. I really think we're lucky to have him.
    PaulT
  • Gardo said:
    He's a proper fans chairman and I believe he's the genuine article. I really think we're lucky to have him.
    He's certainly doing the right things, but not just for the sake of it, I genuinely believe he has empathy with us, the fans, he's clever enough to know, you win the fans over half the job is done.
    Mark_Jack_London
  • he has an incredible amount to deal with, but am told he has the total respect of those at the club, day-to-day. "a breath of fresh air" I am told.
    PaulT
  • We're at it again aren't we.

"Trevor's shit is chocolate!"

Let's just all calm down a bit. 

Yes, his communication is a lot better than his predecessors.

Yes, he has made some very sensible, rational decisions so far. 

But let's be honest. The bar was pretty bloody low and any half competent football administrator - which he undoubtedly is - had some pretty gaping open goals to fill their boots with. 

Let's not go too over the top just yet. He hasn't had his first clash of views with the Chuckle Brothers yet. Let's see how he deals with that. Not to mention the most important job of all - actually bringing in some more players to help Cooper. 
  • @garythenotrashcougar Its Fine to Express doubt but what is the event that makes a difference for you.

It’s easy to say he is doing fine but wait until.....but what is the until event.

It can’t be wait until he talks to the Undynamic duo about something that he doesn’t win because eventually there will be something that TB won’t win about.

Name the event now that will convince you that TB is good at what he does and has our best interests at heart.
  • I am convinced that TB has the best interests of the club at heart - he will, however, need to be backed in order to make any difference. 
    At some stage the hard medicine will need to be changed into sensible trading, and we should see some balance between outgoing players and investments into the first team. For me this will be the critical sign that we are turning a corner. 
  • Let's hope the chairman is asked some searching questions on the decaying and rusting exterior of Liberty stadium. Can never ending court cases afford to strangle much needed attention to the stadium fabric?
  • That’s your main Concern, really!
  • @garythenotrashcougar Its Fine to Express doubt but what is the event that makes a difference for you.

It’s easy to say he is doing fine but wait until.....but what is the until event.

It can’t be wait until he talks to the Undynamic duo about something that he doesn’t win because eventually there will be something that TB won’t win about.

Name the event now that will convince you that TB is good at what he does and has our best interests at heart.
    @SpringheeledJack

I'd have thought it was obvious from my original post, but in case I wasn't clear:

I would be looking for Birch to win an argument - any argument - with the Chuckle Brothers, to really convince me he's the real deal. 

As I say I don't doubt his will to do well but how will he react when he's placed in a position where he has to choose between pissing off Barry and Paul, or doing the right thing by Cooper. Because that situation is going to arise at some point between now and end of August.
  • Ok that’s fair, but how do we know he has won an argument. That’s too open to...’He didn’t have to argue with the Undynamic Duo...’ if he does something we all agree with.

You see the problem, it’s easy to judge after the event if it’s not defined ahead of time.

• Have us fans set our sights too low in the wish list for new players?

Personally ,to compete in the championship I'd like to see two strikers added PLUS Mcburnie to stay .

A Dan James replacement, goalkeeper , full back and a Joe Allen type signing in midfield also needed.

Clearly we have to keep Mike V.de Hoooorn , Grimes, Roberts and Fulton.

Time for the DC United duo Kaplan & Levein to show up, look forward and commit as 'owners' of this club now . 

• Wondering if it is too early for initial feedback from anyone who attended this evenings fans forum? How did birch and Cooper come across? Any interesting snippets of info that are heartening or worrying?

Thanks!
  • Apparently a very positive evening.
  • TB has full control over running of the club. According to him!
  • TB may think he's running the show but then so did his predecessor, who was ready to sign a cheque for Woods until the owners vetoed it.

I admire his conviction but we'll only know if that's just bluster come end of August.
  • Give the guy a chance, yes he may f*ck up but he might just be as good as his word! An HOR has been sourced and they hope to conclude a deal soon. 
  • Jackareme said:
    Congratulations to TB on his general communications. It feels really good to get information from within the club - areal breath of fresh air!
    Yeah, gotta be honest, it appears genuine too. It is really refreshing to get regular updates. Simple concept but similarly a distant thought for the underhanded....hmmm
  • We're at it again aren't we.

"Trevor's shit is chocolate!"

Let's just all calm down a bit. 

Yes, his communication is a lot better than his predecessors.

Yes, he has made some very sensible, rational decisions so far. 

But let's be honest. The bar was pretty bloody low and any half competent football administrator - which he undoubtedly is - had some pretty gaping open goals to fill their boots with. 

Let's not go too over the top just yet. He hasn't had his first clash of views with the Chuckle Brothers yet. Let's see how he deals with that. Not to mention the most important job of all - actually bringing in some more players to help Cooper. 
    Well, he has said he has complete autonomy and the owners will only get a return if we go back up. 

This would explain their relative disinterest to date, but would also suggest: "Trevor, we know sod all about soccer, do what u gotta do to get us back up".

Im sticking to that viewpoint anyway...
  • Let's hope the chairman is asked some searching questions on the decaying and rusting exterior of Liberty stadium. Can never ending court cases afford to strangle much needed attention to the stadium fabric?
    Erm what? 

What about world peace????

@SpringheeledJack

I'd have thought it was obvious from my original post, but in case I wasn't clear:

I would be looking for Birch to win an argument - any argument - with the Chuckle Brothers, to really convince me he's the real deal. 

As I say I don't doubt his will to do well but how will he react when he's placed in a position where he has to choose between pissing off Barry and Paul, or doing the right thing by Cooper. Because that situation is going to arise at some point between now and end of August.
    How will 'we' know he has won an argument,though? There is so much cynicism around the current set up that the fans will always be suspicious as to who has cast the final vote.
    TauntonJack
  • One thing was clear coming out of it Transfers are going to be 'loans or frees' only
  • Didn't TB say we haven't got a massive debt, like say for example Bolton. But we do have operating losses to deal with, or something along those lines.
  • We will have losses if we don’t clear the expensive players off the salary list, and that is what TB is clearly trying to do.

He comes across as a genuine man who enjoys his job and is good at it. No bullshit and before @garythenotrashcougar asks, No I didn’t have any chocolate yesterday.

:joy: 

Worth being there to listen to him directly
    garythenotrashcougar