Football betting site Betway

transfer window

Morning all, was just thinking with the Trust documents due to drop into letter boxes what the owners are thinking ?
We have lost a lot of out goings on the wages front since last season and still more could go , we all know who, but what about backing the new manager with at time of writing 1 player in , a free transfer, and the clock ticking  will our owners allow our hard working  chairman some scope to bring in players needed or not ?
With in todays world only miniscule funds been made available in the past and a possible legal action not far away will they open the purse strings?
If they want to win over the fans why not meet the trust and have an open discussion ? why not sit down at arbitration ? what if anything are they afraid of? Why have they put obsticle after obsticle in the way of resonable dialog ?
I am still more than a little worried about the future of Swansea City F C under their stewardship as they in my opinion are not showing any tangable plans for the future short or long term,but would love to be proved wrong
Know many will disagree with above but this is just my thoughts and their track record to date , well make your own minds up.

Comments

• The fans forum went very well last night with Birch, britton and Cooper being very open and honest. If the American owners have left the running of our club to Birch then so far, he has been doing very well and I hope it will continue.

My concerns are that with our transfer windows, we usually leave things until last minute and this does not do us any good. The better teams get their transfers done quickly therefore giving their new players time to bond and have a good pre-season training. 

If we are selling any players we should try and get these done quickly too, even if it means accepting less than we want, we could then concentrate on completing our incoming transfers quicker to give us a better pre-season.

It will be interesting to see if the usual pattern of taking ages to get any transfers done continues or if Birch being here will make a difference.

Jackareme
  • Not being at the forum last night - I am wondering whether the comments around prioritising a centre back and two strikers makes the signing of the Spurs midfielder less likely?

Ben Woodburn appears to be a player that has Swans written all over him - I would like to see this or similar deals done, and agree with @rob_h on timelines - as soon as possible!
    rob_h
  • edited July 12
    @Jackareme

We have players in midfield that are coming through. The Spurs youngster may have injury issues so it could be better to concentrate more on the strikers and center back. 

If it means a small amount of money to buy a striker who has a good goalscoring record, as long as we can do it soon and not take weeks over it this would help us.
    Jackareme
  • In recent windows we have left things til the last minute because other clubs have refused to meet our valuation for players they have tapped up and strung out negotiations accordingly. If Llorente or TL Siggurdsson had gone for less than we valued them, there would have been fury on here and other forums. Or take this window - would you rather Birch contacted Palace and said ‘we will give you Ayew for £1m if you just sign the contract this week’?

As to the owners putting their hands in their pockets - would you, with the Trust about to vote on legal action that could result in you having to buy shares for £1m per 1% when they are worth a quarter of that - or even, in an extreme case, quit the club entirely? Not a chance. 
  • In recent windows we have left things til the last minute because other clubs have refused to meet our valuation for players they have tapped up and strung out negotiations accordingly. If Llorente or TL Siggurdsson had gone for less than we valued them, there would have been fury on here and other forums. Or take this window - would you rather Birch contacted Palace and said ‘we will give you Ayew for £1m if you just sign the contract this week’?

• I thought TB said a CB and two forwards. I assumed one of them would be a winger and the other a goalscorer. Can anyone else remember what exactly was said?
  • I think it was mentioned a replacement for DJ and another attacking player.
  • as for what was said we needed, Steve Carroll tweeted from the fans forum that Birch said we needed left back, Dan James needs replacing. Emphasis on top end of the pitch. Wants exciting and athletic players.
  • I think we need to start from a position of assuming the worst happens what is our plan?
    Nordfeldt breaks a hand - no problem we have options
    Wayne snaps an ageing hammy - we can cope with Dyer, McKay, Asoro Garrick etc
    VdH breaks a bone - err lets hope our youngsters are more talented/mature than we think
    Ollie starts all night gaming - answers on a postcard please

Gives a very clear idea on where our priorities lie (or at least should lie).
    rob_h
  • edited July 12
    @Pete

Squad strengthening should be a priority, 2 more good strikers  would help.
  • I’d prefer a winger plus a goalscorer
    Jackareme
  • Kasey Palmer on loan from Chelski Reece Oxford on loan from west ham Both linked. Surprised Oxford hasn't broken into west hams team. Rate him highly