Football betting site Betway

Is it worth waiting

Whatever Baston's actual weekly salary the result is arbitrary when one considers there can be tax and insurance savings should a player have the final year of his salary paid up early. If for example Baston's weekly salary is £50k then his basic salary is worth around £2.6M and throw in the probability that the player could be owed another £1m as part of an arranged payment when signing ever year through the term of his contract it takes his total earnings to a cool £3.5M.
Would the scenario of paying off Baston be actually going through Birch's mind even though a pay off at this moment in time will not cost the club that amount. I dare say, with a few days short of a month to go before the transfer window closes the thought of paying off the player now is going through Birch's head as a better proposal than waiting until the January window opens and probably paying a percentage of his wages should he go out on loan. It could cost the club at least £2M to pay him off but which is the best deal for the club.

Comments

• Nobody in Spain is going to pay his wages it’s going to cost us a few mill to replace him.id like to see him back playing for us and scoring goals in the championship.unless his agent can get him a move to China 
    Jackareme
  • they'll have until 31st August when the Spanish transfer window closes. Could also be loaned out again in that period
  • I said the same a while ago. Pay the blood sucking leech off, and move on. 
  • edited July 9
    Brownie said:
    Nobody in Spain is going to pay his wages it’s going to cost us a few mill to replace him.id like to see him back playing for us and scoring goals in the championship.unless his agent can get him a move to China 
    Why does it take a few million to replace him? He's played no part here for years.
  • Sorry jasper,what I meant is that it’s going to take a few mill go get a decent striker in to challenge Ollie and to fill in for him.ok we could get a youngster on loan,but at the end of the day we’ve got a quality striker so why not use him and off set his wages that we would have paid out for another striker.of course if the guy don’t want to come back and play for us then that’s a different issue?
    JackaremeDubDragon
  • J4cka said:
    I said the same a while ago. Pay the blood sucking leech off, and move on. 
    bit harsh, personally I thought he was treated badly, hardly given any game time then used as a scapegoat for all our other problems up front.
    JackaremeDubDragon