Football betting site Betway

Is it me?

I, like everybody else, enjoy watching club videos like highlights, interviews and training etc.
I cannot stand the effing "music" they always put on them.
It's horrible. 
Is it just me? 

Comments

• I am not bothered either way - so it might be just you @Natterjack B)
    Natterjack
  • Not sure I’ve heard the.music too much before, perhaps I’ve just zoned it out. It certainly got my attention this time but not in a good way!

Slightly worried about the highlights, very few examples of passing, lots of running with the ball and a few long balls.

Mixing it up I can understand but I expected a bit more passing build up.
    garythenotrashcougar
  • I, like everybody else, enjoy watching club videos like highlights, interviews and training etc.
    It's horrible. 
    Is it just me? 
    It's not just you @Natterjack
    They've been doing this for the last few years now and I just mute the video after  few seconds. It doesn't stop me watching the videos, just stops me listening to it.
    I'm not into that sort of music anyway so it's probably not surprising that I  don't like it - I'm guessing they are targeting a younger audience than me with these videos anyway.

I just Shazamed  the last 2 video soundtracks and they are by Aero Manyelo and Russel G . No, me neither :)

Anybody out there who's into this type of music ? If so, are these artists as obscure as I think they are or are they big names?
    Natterjack
  • edited July 9
    Not too bothered about the music... could be better... but I do not like the camera work and cinematography that much at all.
  • No not my type of music. I’m sure their mothers like their Musak!
    Natterjack
  • cinematography! ha ha.  doesn't have the cinematic values of Lawrence of Arabia, you're right! It's a video camera on a tripod. Just glad we get to see just about everything these days...all the under 23's and first team highlights. I think we're being spolied myself 
  • Actually on the full game it looks professional imo, but haven’t really focussed on the music. If it’s the same music, then I’m pretty pleased I haven’t.
  •  :unamused:... just my opinion Pabs.
    Maybe "just" a camera on a tripod... but (in my opinion) they don't use it that well.. was watching one of the pre-season training clips that have been produced over the last week and nearly every shot was from the same position and of the backs of everyone... now I understand that they just can't pitch up wherever they like... I just thought it was poor... luckily the post production and editing helped.
    Not looking for an Academy Award worthy attempt.
    I still enjoy watching the clips and agree it's good to see all that's going on.
  • DubDragon said:
     :unamused:... just my opinion Pabs.
    Maybe "just" a camera on a tripod... but (in my opinion) they don't use it that well.. was watching one of the pre-season training clips that have been produced over the last week and nearly every shot was from the same position and of the backs of everyone... now I understand that they just can't pitch up wherever they like... I just thought it was poor... luckily the post production and editing helped.
    Not looking for an Academy Award worthy attempt.
    I still enjoy watching the clips and agree it's good to see all that's going on.
    I was just being light hearted....I chuckled when you said 'cinematography'  B)
  • I have watched it once, and it is a mixed bunch technically.

Having just one camera poses huge challenges, and we dont know if we were filming it, Mansfield or the host, and we shared the footage.

Generally, when you have one camera, you generally stick with the smallest wide shot you can, and follow the play, which in large parts they did.

The best example of this was Routledge's goal, smoothly, widening the frame when the ball left VdH's boot into Wayne's path, and holding the picture until he shot on goal, and following the ball, slowly and smoothly panning.

Other shots were a bit jumpy, where the shot was either zoomed in or out too quickly, and also some of the shots the camera should have held the wide shot rather than move to frame the action centrally.

In an ideal world you'd have one camera with a wide shot following play, and pretty much sticking to the wide shot the director agrees on. And at least one other - ideally at least 2 - doing the closer shots. This allows the Director to cut to something if one camera looses a shot, or where the close up is anticipating the ball going somewhere it doesnt.

But the light was every cameraman's wet dream.

• In the filming industry are you MJL ?
  • Anyone see the way routs pulled the ball down over his shoulder for the first goal?! Fair play to the lad! Camerawork was ok. Shame it wasn't live
    Brownie
  • Jesus Christ MJL

Did we really need a lecture in cinema photography. 
    Bloody hell you’ve reached new levels now. How boring 
  • Gardo said:
    In the filming industry are you MJL ?
    yes. 
  • Gardo didn’t you know marks nickname is dirk diggler!
    Mark_Jack_London
  • Barmyjack said:
    Jesus Christ MJL

Did we really need a lecture in cinema photography. 
    Bloody hell you’ve reached new levels now. How boring 
    dont like it, jog on and read something else
  • Gardo said:
    yes. 
    Wood Lane ?
  • The video needed a bit if zimmer to help create the drama! 
  • As Mark said attempting to film with one camera and obtain great footage is very difficult. I remember being given the task if filming a womens hockey match some years ago with just the one camera! Near impossible to capture the action, however got some very nice bum shots!!
    Pablo
  • Missed the Action but got the bum shots! Exactly what kind of women’s hockey match was this!
  • I, like everybody else, enjoy watching club videos like highlights, interviews and training etc.
    It's horrible. 
    Is it just me? 
    I hate the way they edit things. Lots of flashing images (lucky the epilepsy-sufferer I know supports United), content kept as brief as possible and yes, terrible music.

The intern in charge of SwansTV seems to read from the "marketing for millenials" handbook. That hour long thing they put out the other day was more about the music than the football the way it blazed through things so quickly. All paint-by-numbers pop and no substance.

The main interviewer they've been using recently is awful, too. Likes to answer his own question before letting the player say anything.

And James Snaith "most definitely" needs to learn to shut up more when commentating. Uses 20 words when 2 would do, run on sentences usually ending up in getting a player's name wrong or saying something ridiculous, and is attempts at banter are embarrassing. 

Other than that it's great though, yeah.

Natterjack
  • Missed the Action but got the bum shots! Exactly what kind of women’s hockey match was this!

It was the Swansea university ladies hockey team playing another uni, can't remember who. But trying to film using one camera was a nightmare!
    SpringheeledJack
  • I don't know Steve seems like you might have been a bit distracted
  • Gardo said:
    Gardo said:
    yes. 
    Wood Lane ?
    No any more, and never directly for them. 
    Just imagine if he'd been filing the beach volleyball!  :*  
    SpringheeledJack
  • jasper_T said:
    The main interviewer they've been using recently is awful, too. Likes to answer his own question before letting the player say anything.
    The standard of interview is woeful Jasper.

Long winded, closed Qs, all of the time. And as you says answers the Q he is trying to ask as a result! Basic shit they teach you at journalism school. 

One thing I noticed last year was Sioned doing the live stuff, kept winding me up. Every time her guest said something, she constantly said, "yes" or "yep". golden rule. You nod in agreement, to show your interviewer you are listening to what they are saying. You do not do what she is doing. Makes it harder for the viewer to listen to what is being said, and it is a **** to cut to if you want to use any of that footage later. Another basic broadcast interviewing skill.