Football betting site Betway

Meanwhile over the water...

DC United are in second place in the Eastern Conference and LA FC (owned by Swans shareholder Larry Berg (among others, but he is the lead investor) and managed by ex-Swansea manager Bob Bradley) are in first place in the Western Conference. 

People often comment on here that the owners know nothing about football, have asset stripped DC United and are content to let them languish at the foot of the table because as a franchise league they can’t be relegated, etc. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that they are capable of managing teams to success.
bigoak

Comments

• Its a Micky Mouse league ffs
  • bigoak said:
    Its a Micky Mouse league ffs
    Irrelevant. It could be the best league in the world or the worst. What matters is how their club is doing compared to the rest.
    Lydford
  • Suits your narrative, worlds apart, plus they seem to care for their US franchise far more than us!
  • BigG said:
    Suits your narrative, worlds apart, plus they seem to care for their US franchise far more than us!
    Lol, you really can’t stand being made to look stupid can you?!!! Seriously, get a life and stop trolling me 
  • It's not the most competitive league Designated players...franchises. But when there's no pressure of relegation or promotion there's not really much to play for. Finish fourth (or whatever positon they need to), make the play offs, win the play offs...play in the Northern American Champions league equivalent... Realistically MLS is what...league 1 at best?
  • Cadleigh said:
    BigG said:
    Suits your narrative, worlds apart, plus they seem to care for their US franchise far more than us!
    Lol, you really can’t stand being made to look stupid can you?!!! Seriously, get a life and stop trolling me 
    You couldn’t counter my argument reasonably so you once again resort to petulant insults. Back to school lad, eh
  • BigG said:
    Cadleigh said:
    BigG said:
    You couldn’t counter my argument reasonably so you once again resort to petulant insults. Back to school lad, eh
    OK then, let’s look at your argument.

1 ‘Suits my narrative’. What narrative is that then? I have persistently and consistently criticised the shareholders for their mistakes. I have also corrected posters like you who use cheap shots in place of reasoned arguments. The fact is that one by one, the throw-away lines are being exposed for what they are - fake news. The owners are not a hedge fund - fact. At least one of the shareholders - Mindy - has clearly researched the history of the club and is a supporter - fact. The owners are not putting their own money into the club but nor are they taking money out - fact. And now it seems they do know how to run a football club after all, so the pathetic last ditch defence is to claim that that doesn’t count because MLS is not a ‘proper’ football league. DC United turns over about the same as we will next season. Doesn’t matter a fig what the quality of the game is like, two seasons ago they were bottom of the league now they are second. Sounds like a good result to me. 

2 ‘Worlds apart’. See above. A football club is a football club, when K&L came on board we were all told to watch what they had done to DC United as a warning of what would happen to us. I didn’t hear you saying at the time that we should ignore that because the two clubs are worlds apart. Send me the link if I missed that post.

3 ‘They seem to care more for their US franchise than us’. You base that on the number of home games the US-based shareholders attend or the relative success of the two clubs they own? You know what, they probably do. And that takes us where precisely? Are legions of posters throwing up their arms and saying ‘**** me, I don’t think K&L are true Jacks after all’? I think we all knew that already. 
  • Next, we'll have Phil saying that Swansea City are paying Wayne Rooney's wages, which is another cheap line.
    Cadleigh
  • jollyboy said:
    Next, we'll have Phil saying that Swansea City are paying Wayne Rooney's wages, which is another cheap line.
    I don't think they are paying his wages, but we definitely payed his signing on fees and will continue to pay his loyalty bonus's  B)  
  • jollyboy said:
    Next, we'll have Phil saying that Swansea City are paying Wayne Rooney's wages, which is another cheap line.
    I don't think they are paying his wages, but we definitely payed his signing on fees and will continue to pay his loyalty bonus's  B)  
    Definitely
  • jollyboy said:
    jollyboy said:
    Definitely
    Eh?
  • SVJack said:
    It's not the most competitive league Designated players...franchises. But when there's no pressure of relegation or promotion there's not really much to play for. Finish fourth (or whatever positon they need to), make the play offs, win the play offs...play in the Northern American Champions league equivalent... Realistically MLS is what...league 1 at best?
    Here's an article that mentions us as a EPL side [obviously a bit old] that it says the MLS standard is!
    https://www.quora.com/In-which-English-football-league-would-MLS-teams-be-competitive