Football betting site Betway

Is Bielsa assembling a mammoth squad?

i wonder if Bielsa is assembl8n* a really big squad to counteract the impact of injuries and fatigue later in the season.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Quite a few on loan in including helder Costa from wolves Jansson out. And one that's probably gone under the radar even though I raved about him, wilks sold to Barnsley. Cracking little winger. Of course Leeds will be there or thereabouts. But I hope they choke again!
  • Quite honestly I don’t bother what other clubs do and all I am concerned about is the confirmation at the Liberty meeting tonight that signings will continue with loans and freebies
    enaitch
  • I’m with Colin let’s concentrate on the Swans and not worry about what or who is going to other teams ......
  • You don’t have to answer if you aren’t interested in the question, you know.

Just pass by the thread and answer something you are interested in, rather than attempting to be condescending.
  • Not being condescending, just truthful. Havn't we enough to concern ourselves besides spending time over other clubs.  
  • @Colin_swansea Your view, not necessarily everybody’s view, your truth is not the truth, simpler not to reply than comment on a different question.

I didnt ask ‘Should we be concerned about the main promotion rivals are doing?’,  I asked about the size of Leeds squad to compensate for the attrition from Bielsa’s methods.

A question is about whether Bielsa has learnt from last season and is attempting to ensure there are players ready, what what seems like the inevitable attrition on players impact later in the year.

As I say, if you don’t consider what any other club in the Championship is doing then just easier not to comment

garythenotrashcougar
  • This is a swans forum not a Leeds one and like Colin we have answered your question in that we don’t care about Leeds or any other championship sized squad . Simple really 
  • Playing devils advocate here but doesn't other championship squads and how strong not so strong they are have an effect on us if many of them are stronger, better have more experience etc. I am sure many of us discuss other teams when we come to play them, who to watch out for, where they are weak and so on.
  • @enaitch As I have said you have answered a different question. If you don’t have an opinion on Bielsa potentially building a big Leeds squad, who we will be playing at the end of August, that’s really ok. Just move on to another thread where you have an opinion.

However just because you and Colin aren’t interested, that doesn’t mean others might not be. Personally I’m interested in what all the teams in the championship are doing because we will be playing them soon enough.

No need to try and close down discussion on a topic you aren’t interested in, that’s just adds unnecessarily to the irritation that posters feel.

And posters don’t need much excuse sometimes.
     B) 

garythenotrashcougarrob_hJackaremeKeithWynBigG
  • @SpringheeledJack

Congratulations - it is now your turn to be targeted by the resident self-appointed forum police!

They'll soon get bored and move on to someone else, it's what they do.

Please don't stop posting though - I for one enjoy your posts, regardless of whether they're on point or not. As you say, just scroll past. 
    SpringheeledJackenaitchMark_Jack_LondonKeith
  • I am interested in what other championship clubs are doing, the players they are bringing in and which teams are likely to be the strongest this season.
  • I'm not not sure Bielsa is assembling a mammoth squad in fact at present it's quite the opposite they are offloading players from there already mammoth squad (of which many are not required).

So far transfers in are : Helder Costa (Loan), Ben White (Loan), Jack Clarke (Loan) & Jack Harrison (Loan) - Only Costa and White are additions from last season. They have also signed Liam McCarron, Rafa Mujica  who will most likely be for the U23 Squad.

So far the transfers out are : Jack Clarke, Pontus Jansson, Malik Wilks, Tyler Denton, Aapo Halme, Caleb Ekuban, Paudie O'Connor, Lewie Coyle (loan), Jay-Roy Grot (Loan) and Liam Kitching.

And that's just the start, they are looking to shift Samuel Siaz, Laurens De Bock, Vurnon Anita, Pawel Cibicki, Yosuke Ideguchi, Eunan O'Kane, Hadi Sacko & Ouasim Bouy who are all aged over 23 and have no chance of getting in Bielsa's squad

They pretty much have a 21 man squad which they will supplement with youth players (7 of that squad are still U23's) and their are rumours that Kemar Roofe and Kalvin Phillips (Springheeled you may be right the rumour mill is hotting up for Kalvin Phillips!!) may be tempted away.

Obviously they may yet sign some players but they are not awash with cash (unless the PSG owners do in fact takeover). 

And you think we have problems moving players on from Swansea ?
  • @Chris_Sharman

Compared to us they have been a lot busier with brining new players in. we have only one player Jake Bidwell with Leeds bringing in : Helder Costa (Loan), Ben White (Loan), Jack Clarke (Loan) & Jack Harrison (Loan) - Only Costa and White are additions from last season. They have also signed Liam McCarron, Rafa Mujica  who will most likely be for the U23 Squad.

I'm hoping we can get our transfer window completed quicker this season to bond any new players in and give them a decent pre-season, I think we'll be slow again as usual though. 

• Err confused as to the argument on this thread - surely anything that is newsworthy in the Championship is of relevance to us as Swans fans? It may not be important enough to comment on (depending on your level of interest) but shooting down any thread related to Championship football is out of order.
    If it was which "galactico" will Real Madrid sign next? then that would be a different story.

These are interesting developments at Leeds - and I agree that they are building more squad depth. Bielsa has a long track record of high octane tactics that burn his squads out, and the Championship is a long and unforgiving season - so I think Leeds, with increased squad depth, are the clear favourites to win this league (in my mind) with better squad rotation.
    rob_hgarythenotrashcougar
  • @Colin_swansea Your view, not necessarily everybody’s view, your truth is not the truth, simpler not to reply than comment on a different question.

I didnt ask ‘Should we be concerned about the main promotion rivals are doing?’,  I asked about the size of Leeds squad to compensate for the attrition from Bielsa’s methods.

A question is about whether Bielsa has learnt from last season and is attempting to ensure there are players ready, what what seems like the inevitable attrition on players impact later in the year.

As I say, if you don’t consider what any other club in the Championship is doing then just easier not to comment

You asked for posters thoughts on Bielsa assembling a bigger squad and I replied that I don't bother what other clubs do and am more concerned with what MY club does, yet you criticised me. We all have different views and I gave an honest opinion yet you and others can't accept it. I don't post to get merits or de-merits, its my opinion and I certainly don't see myself as the resident self-appointed forum police. Where would forums be without differing opinions.
  • edited July 12
    @Colin_swansea Not sure why you want to continue this, but I’ll give it one last shot. Your reply came across to me as condescending. You may not have meant it that way, but there it is.

On the wider point, I often don’t reply to threads or posts because they don’t interest me. For me it’s respecting the poster, if it is of interest to them then fair enough, I won’t comment,  its about letting the poster run his thought process through with those who are interested

So that’s it really, i didn’t intend to make a big deal of it, but responses kept coming, and I felt obliged to make my position clear.

Im intending to leave it there.
  • By the way I believe Bielsa is being quite smart about selling off the unneeded youngsters and deadwood, and bringing in quality additions so that the challenge is tougher for each position and quality replacements are available when the what seems like inevitable injuries and fatigue from his system kick in later in the year.

I believe they will need to sell from the squad so it will be interesting to see who goes on tour. They are likely to be 2 categories of players who get left behind those arrived too late to comp,etc the indoctrination in Bielsa’s system and those who will be sold.

• To play the way Bielsa does, he needs a bigger and stronger squad than he had last season, for sure.

Questions are how can Leeds afford it. Even the sales they have made havent generated that much cash, and they are financially in deeper shite than we are. 

We have parachute money.

But like Colin, am more worried about what we are doing. Anything Leeds do is incidental, unless we have evidence they are breaking rules, so we can report them to the governing bodies.
  • @Mark_Jack_London I’m more interested in what we are doing, but I’m still interested in what the other teams are doing.

Im looking at as many friendliest as I can see online, I watched Leeds (don’t worry I have seen others) and they look very drilled and fluent already.

Hull, our first match up, not so much and they have a few key players looking like they are on the move. 

Nathan has Stoke looking very different, as we would expect, and will be clearing out the 9ld guard pretty soon I think.

Bristol have made some really interesting signing and look like a auto-promo candidate to me.
  • @Mark_Jack_London Leeds are working hard to ensure the meet the FFP and to be fair are not spending beyond their means. Plus Radrizzani has spoken out against teams like Derby who have sold their stadiums to get around FFP so I think he's playing by the rules.

Leeds will hit the ground running as that is Bielsa's way and he won't buy many players as he likes a small squad but he does have a very good academy to turn to if required and there is some really good players coming through like Ryan Edmondson, Kun Temenuzhkov, Alfie McCalmont, Mateusz Bogusz, Jordan Stevens & Robbie Gotts who are all likely to feature this season.

There are quite a lot of similarities between Swansea and Leeds and it will be interesting to to how they both fare (especially for me as Leeds native who supports Swansea City)

I think Leeds have the capability to run away with the Championship this season and if they manage to get a striker and centre back and have reasonable luck with injuries then I would say they are favourites
  • Most of the clubs will be ahead of us at the start of this season, as they have continuity of management and their game plan.

Even if Cooper is continuing the work of Potter in the way we play. He will be changing elements to it, so the players will need time to adapt. Not just to this tweak in style, but also in the personality of the management.
    Wyn
  • edited July 14
    @SpringheeledJack says: ‘.... preseason isnt just about getting fit, and I dont believe we have the only professional sportsmen. Also I believe our players were professional in all the years before we were relegated when we had 6 weeks of pre season training.

I doubt the other teams are having 6 weeks preseason unless there is a real belief that it gives them an advantage.

Also preseason is about teams learning new styles and approaches, now it helps if you have the same manager building on previous years style and approach, but we dont even have that. It will take longer for the squad to pick up and get proficient in the changes required.’

Hull will come into the first game having had more time getting fit and embedding new approaches and playing together as a team. It feels like an advantage to me.’
  • Interesting that Bielsa’s is staying with the new signing and internationals at Leeds rather than going down under.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/992884219?-1815:2214:latest_news#out
  • @SpringheeledJack he is very unhappy about the trip to Australia (not his idea of good preparation) and wants to stay and ensure the players who were late returning for pre-season get the training he expects (and sends a message to the owners as well).
  • @SpringheeledJack he is very unhappy about the trip to Australia (not his idea of good preparation) and wants to stay and ensure the players who were late returning for pre-season get the training he expects (and sends a message to the owners as well).
    what message?
  • The message that it's more important to to get a proper pre-season of training than jetting off to the other side of the world for matches.

Hence he kept senior players in Leeds that needed the training rather than wasting days travelling and recovering.