Football betting site Betway

Ayew to Derby ?

Comments

• Jackarme, neither did Borja have a squad number.

Then in the friendlies he was given the number 22 (Angel's old number). In the League games he is has been using 9.

Not sure when squad's have to be finalised - number wise - probably when the EUFA window shuts, as players could still leave. and in theory, so could Baston.

What he cant have is his old #10 shirt, as that's Celina's. 

Gingergit
  • Jackareme said:
    A lot of media speculation on Andre returning to Marseilles in recent days, call it click-bait if you want, but would Cooper actually select him tonight v Northampton, irrespective of the positive words he has spoken about the player in training, and possibly risk the player injuring himself that could result in him remaining with the club until at least January.
    Or, is Cooper, with no doubt the ok from Birch, be putting the player in the window and gambling that he doesn't suffer an injury that could jeopardise a transfer.
    I would be amazed if Ayew gets game time - he has no squad number (correct??) and we have a bunch of others who need game time.
    Marseille don't need to see him play against Northampton to know what they will be getting, and the risk of an injury would be catastrophic to us offloading this side of January.
    I would be gobsmacked if he was selected - mind you it wouldn't be the first time!
    https://www.swanseacity.com/players/149

shirt number 22
    rob_h
  • I believe SC is playing this straight. He is a Swansea player so is available to be in the squad. If there is an offer under discussion, I’m sure TB and him will have a discussion about the risks.

If he plays, it probably tells us no immediate offer is under consideration. If he doesn’t play, it probably doesn’t tell us anything
  • There must be some very red faces on some of the contributors to this thread! ????
  • There must be some very red faces on some of the contributors to this thread! ????
    I've mentioned that he is a negative influence so best not to have him back training with us, I take it all back now.
  • Ayew showed real desire today, and SC got it right, just about. A couple of interesting questions posed by one or two players.

This might prompt a bid for AA but in the meantime, he should be in the squad. For Saturday.
    rob_hMark_Jack_London
  • Well I got that wrong Ayew did get game time and looked to be really busting a gut. There is a nice buzz about this squad right now.
    I think we also need to have our fitness/conditioning team find an individualised plan for Garrick to keep him fit. he looks seriously promising!
    PaulT
  • If Mr Birch feels Ayew can add to the squad and there is no real interest from abroad to buying him, why not re negotiate his contract? now before any one says he is under one why would he if the owners can see there is a player here that could help a promotion push approach the guy and say we cannot afford the current weekly/ monthly figure but the higher we finish the bigger the bonus at the end of the season, if in jan some one comes in for him we pay up what he has lost in the intrim ( taken out of transfer fee) the way i see it should the player agree to ( very unlikely i know) this the fans would get behind him the owners/ club would save cash in the short term and the club will have a player wanting the team to be as high as possible not holding my breath perhaps better go and get my coat but just a thought ,
    rob_h
  • Nice thought Pete. But at this moment he’s probably thinking, I’ve got a nice little earner here. Premiership wages for two years, no brainier. 
    Prem training facilities to keep me fit for my next move, jobs a goodun!
    by the way, I thought he was great value for us, first time here, shame Huw Jenkins left us with a millstone around our necks, with his ludicrous contract 2nd time around. 
    Jackareme
  • agree J4cka but it was just a thought and would nt it be nice to hear a highly paid guy helping a club that has a cash flow problem  lol
  • Praying some continental club caught the highlights and has money to burn (even if it's just 20/30k a week).
    Jackareme
  • Cant help thinking, keep Ayew till Jan at least...We could be in the promotion mix, he'll be highly marketable. WIN WIN
    Mark_Jack_London
  • PaulT said:
    Cant help thinking, keep Ayew till Jan at least...We could be in the promotion mix, he'll be highly marketable. WIN WIN
    We'll be there without him if Cooper is worth his salt. If we keep Ayew on full wages it becomes a necessity, failure to get promoted means an extra £5m of "hard medicine" to take next summer, when the parachute payment drops to only £15m or so.

His wages will still be a problem for any club looking at a prolific Championship goalscorer. And given how his last three seasons have gone there's little guarantee he'll get 6 good months, let alone that it will be enough to significantly shift opinion of a 29 year old who's going to have no resale value.
  • We just sold James and McBurnie and the manager for 41M, to get a proven scorer would cost a packet.
    We now have Ayew and Borja which only costs us wages, agreed that's 6M a year between them but far less than buying someone proven.
    Keep the 2 and play them regularly until at least January, if we are top or near the top, then take it to the end of the season, if not and they are scoring then sell or loan out.
    But if we did keep them and did get promotion, we have forwards in place.
    Its 6M over a year, the owners don't have to stump up to buy new.
    Its called investing in success, I reckon the 2 of them could be a class act, Ayew I believe would score 20 goals.
    If we fail to get promotion they would be worth a mint, if we get promotion then we keep them.
    Both are worth more than 250K a week Derby will be paying Rooney.
    On the flip side, we play bad, they don't score, then we are stuck with them anyway, however I believe the 2 will set the tone for the championship and they will be a success
    enaitchjasper_TMikeTasmania
  • edited August 15
    It would also be far less money to keep them both, as it would to loan just one player from the Premiership who is as good.
  • Phillip said:
    We just sold James and McBurnie and the manager for 41M, to get a proven scorer would cost a packet.

£15m + £15m + £3m + £2.5m = ???

Ayew will never be "worth a mint" as he'll be 30 and still earning £80k/week here. 
  • I’m sure they had some cash set aside for a new striker knowing sheff Utd were going to sign Ollie which had been on the cards for ages . So that money as Phillip states is probably enough to cover one of the wages being paid to AA or BB . So either one may be gone by Sept meaning wages covered for one
  • Amazing testimony to the work of Birch and the off field management that we have gone from a team with zero options up front (McBurnie and CBR) and no leverage over contracts  to a squad with lots of options - both on the playing side and in the transfer market.

I believe one of AA or BB will be sold, or leave, before the end of the month - but whichever leaves will fund the wages of the other for the season and our back up strikers become SS and Kalulu. With all of the attacking talent we have out wide and candidates for the #10 role - we have used this current transfer window to manoeuvre ourselves into a position of strength while still bringing in over 30 million in revenue - HATS OFF!!

The emergence of Cabango (not least physically) also makes me more comfortable with our options at the back, and we are certainly stronger between the sticks. The only position I feel we are not over stocked is in athletic midfielders.

I really believe that despite the financial millstone around our neck we are finally moving forward.
    barryColin_swansearob_hSeaJackWynMikeTasmania
  • Jackareme said:
    Amazing testimony to the work of Birch and the off field management that we have gone from a team with zero options up front (McBurnie and CBR) and no leverage over contracts  to a squad with lots of options - both on the playing side and in the transfer market.

I believe one of AA or BB will be sold, or leave, before the end of the month - but whichever leaves will fund the wages of the other for the season and our back up strikers become SS and Kalulu. With all of the attacking talent we have out wide and candidates for the #10 role - we have used this current transfer window to manoeuvre ourselves into a position of strength while still bringing in over 30 million in revenue - HATS OFF!!

The emergence of Cabango (not least physically) also makes me more comfortable with our options at the back, and we are certainly stronger between the sticks. The only position I feel we are not over stocked is in athletic midfielders.

I really believe that despite the financial millstone around our neck we are finally moving forward.
    I think that is a fair assessment, hopefully both Ayew and Borja start firing on all cylinders and no one comes calling.
    We have areal chance to be a top 3 club with what we have
    rob_h
  • Phillip said:
    Jackareme said:
    Amazing testimony to the work of Birch and the off field management that we have gone from a team with zero options up front (McBurnie and CBR) and no leverage over contracts  to a squad with lots of options - both on the playing side and in the transfer market.

I think that is a fair assessment, hopefully both Ayew and Borja start firing on all cylinders and no one comes calling.
    We have areal chance to be a top 3 club with what we have
    What they on? 80 a week for AA? 60 a week for BB, if we are to keep one then AA will score more goals, he's a Jack in the box (no pun intended), so the extra 20 might be money well spent?
  • If we cant offload him before the end of the month for full salary (on loan or ideally sale), then we can keep him until November and sell him when the Chinese window opens again. 

Hopefully at that point he will have banged in a number of goals for us. Helped the younger players - was interesting to see him talking to George after he scored (not just praising him).

I think the fees for DJ and Oli has given Birch much more wriggle room to command a better deal, and not just accept the first thing that enables us to get him off the books.
    Wyn
  • If Borja goes to Spain by the end of the month then  keeping AA will be less of a financial burden and let’s be honest at championship level you’d be hard pressed to find a decent striker for £5 mill 
  • AA is a classic goal poacher, he isn’t the man to lead the line, but if someone else does he will be there to score. BB is a leader of the line, he will get goals but he will create more for those around him.

We face some interesting dilemmas
    YJB07
  • AA is a classic goal poacher, he isn’t the man to lead the line, but if someone else does he will be there to score. BB is a leader of the line, he will get goals but he will create more for those around him.

We face some interesting dilemmas
    Guidolin got the best out of him as a 9 leading the line.
  • I don’t believe we have seen the best of Ayew yet.
  • Ayew in many ways is similar to McBurnie - in that he will come looking for the ball and often drift into wider positions to get involved. Borja is more the traditional box striker who leads the line.
    Ayew could be played behind Surridge as a second striker, but also causes traditional centre backs a lot of problems as a centre forward because he is hard to mark and constantly dragging defenders into areas where they don't want to go.

Interesting dilemma and great to have different offensive tools at our disposal. 
    Talking of offensive tools.... which striker do you think would cause Sean Morrison the most headaches Borja or Ayew?
    barry
  • Hi Jackareme ,
    Ayew if still  with us would  cause Morrison more problems  simply because of his movement  , sometimes  he doesn't  know himself where he should be ,

First time he was here scored goals , but in my opinion  wasn't  really good for the team , his work rate  you couldn't  fault .
    The  fact was he kept  taking up Siggy's spaces , and un balanced  the side 

Good business  selling him , bad business  re signing  him , didn't  score and didn't  look like scoring  and then Jordan stopped scoring  ,

He does gamble in the box   and that's why he can score goals 
    WynJackareme
  • edited August 15
    Probably Ayew, as he will put CBs into difficult positions and take them out of their comfort zone. For me ideally in conjunction with another striker.

Preston often do this on the left instead of using a winger they have a second striker, who tucks in narrow instead of being wide.
    Jackareme
  • What’s the bet, if AA plays, he scores a goal with his head, in the six yard box?  B)
    rob_h
  • @J4cka Yes for an average height player he does seem to get a disproportionate number of headers. It’s his goal poacher instinct to get into dangerous positions n the six years box. If we get the ball there he will get something on it and score