Football betting site Betway

Ayew to Derby ?

124»

Comments

• I agree, you can never guarantee promotion. I do think  we need Ayew this saturday to have a better chance of a result against leeds, so am hoping he will be playing.

I don't want to end up like Bolton or Bury, either. But the risk and reward has to be taken into account - a windfall of potentially up to £150m could be worth the risk.

• They found the money for Rooney.
  • They found the money for Rooney.
    And "they" won't be putting money into Swansea City. The club will have to pay its debts by selling other assets. Keep Ayew and fail to go up and it's another young star needing to be sold, since the parachute payment drops dramatically and Andre will still be contracted on his £4m a year.

The MLS is a completely different type of business (centrally-owned contracts outside the marquee players, no relegation etc.), and they own their franchise 100%. 
  • Not disagreeing with you Jasper. Glad we agree that ‘they’ only ever intended buying the club and making large profits at the expense of reinvesting. Debts to clear now for sure (apparently mind you as no one can see the books). Get to the Premier league and profits made will be mostly pocketed i’m also sure. Hell they might surprise me and pump a whole load of money in to the academy which has proved its worth saving our club at least for the moment it seems. At least the previous regime reinvested any money earned into the playing side of the club on our journey up the leagues. We always broke even or made small profits or losses. We were a model club. That was until they saw their possible personal wealth and shit all over the trust in their haste to get it. C’est la vie!
  • Not disagreeing with you Jasper. Glad we agree that ‘they’ only ever intended buying the club and making large profits at the expense of reinvesting. Debts to clear now for sure (apparently mind you as no one can see the books). Get to the Premier league and profits made will be mostly pocketed i’m also sure. Hell they might surprise me and pump a whole load of money in to the academy which has proved its worth saving our club at least for the moment it seems. At least the previous regime reinvested any money earned into the playing side of the club on our journey up the leagues. We always broke even or made small profits or losses. We were a model club. That was until they saw their possible personal wealth and shit all over the trust in their haste to get it. C’est la vie!
    The trust see the monthly management accounts. Let's not pretend there's some conspiracy keeping everyone in the dark.

They haven't taken any money out in dividends and have reinvested profits the same way the previous regime did (see our insane spending in the last PL season). Relegation has taken all the money out of the club, not the majority owners.
  • Never said that or about any conspiracy. The whole books haven’t been laid bare. If they haven’t made the mess and it was down to Huw and his final years lets at least have some good old fashioned transparency. Too many liars, charletans and bullshitters in the world. Lets not just give the benefit of the doubt to people who won’t let the trust people who live and breathe our club take a look at the books. What does it matter how much shit we’re in but i would like it confirmed by people whose only interest is Swansea City.
  • Multi-million pound companies don't often put their complete and up to date accounts up for public consumption. Shareholders get full annual copies, and the trust gets access to the monthly sets and have seen no evidence of wrongdoing (not that they'd necessarily notice given how they claimed their own representatives weren't getting paid by the club for years, and how Leigh Dineen became a shareholder in the first place).
  • I mentioned this on a different thread (I think) - But a big factor in whether we let Andre go and make the financial savings is - What do we actually have with Peterson and Kalulu?

If we are confident that we have high level replacements then we might let Andre walk and then review the needs of the squad in January (when hopefully we are still competing). These two need to start delivering on the potential that prompted us into recruiting them sooner rather than later.

barryChris_SharmanSeaJack
  • Sounds like Lazio are interested now!
  • edited August 27
    And Inter Milan supposedly
  • If Ayew plays and plays well against Leeds, with the clubs now interested, it could be a good deal all around. Lazio are in the Europa League and it will be attractive to Ayew.

Not sure we should be paying some of his salary to make it happen though.
  • edited August 27
    We shouldn't be paying any wages contribution if he moves to the likes of Inter or Lazio. Why pay a player if he's representing a different team. If we loaned with option to a Serie A team, they won't take up the option, and then come back next season with the same loan offer.
  • moorlands said:
    As much as it would be grand to see our high earners stay and help the Club back to the top,the risk of doing a 'Bolton' should not be forgotten.To be talking about them almost guaranteeing us promotion after only  4 or 5 successful games out of 46,and therefore justifying paying them Premier League wages seems pretty risky to me.
    I totally agree with you.
    Certainly Ayew has put in some decent performances but nothing to justify £80,000 plus each week. Baston has scored 5, but 2 of these were given him as penalties which probably Grimes would have scored  anyway given the chance.
    I wonder what the other first team players think when they are on so much more money for doing exactly the same thing.
  • Agree with you both , Ayew wages too much for a Championship  club  , 

Baston if we can afford  his wages would be great to keep , over to you Mr Bich