Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Derby County v Swans - Championship 2019/20

Comments

• Thats a good return. 4 pts. Happy with that
  • @barry ;

Jason Mohammed is a ****.

Will no doubt be glad about the Turds winning and Potter getting a win since jumping ship.
  • Really poor second half. A decent side would have buried us. Couldn't keep the ball, subs weakened us massively.

They don't look to have replaced Wilson and Mount, could be a tough season for them scoring goals. Tom Lawrence isn't a player who makes magic every week.

Fair enough point away. Lessons for Cooper.
  • backs to the wall a bit when all 3 subs were on,couldnt keep hold of the ball. still a few new players there will need time to gel, but overall a good battling performance for a point. great pen save by freddie, it wasnt a pen anyway so justice done.  Also nice to see us put a bit of niggle in there today Borja and Fulton, Grimes showing we are not silk without any steel. Defended too deep the last 20 and could have done better on 2 or 3 counter attacks but a good away point.
  • A point at Derby who will be there or there abouts?   I'll take it, esp. as we're trying to gel all these new players.  Sounds like we have a keeper finally.

Don't fret about our neighbours.  6 players in the starting XI over 6 foot tall.  Who wants to watch that kind of football every week, even it it is effective?  Stone age.
  • The starting 11 was probably the best starting 11 I’ve seen for a long time.

Borja, Kalulu (will be a big hit!)Dyer and Celina,in-front of grimes and Fulton looked balanced and threatening.

We finished with Surridge, Peterson and Dhanda up top and we couldn’t retain the ball or penetrate. 

Overall, the boys worked hard and it is a great point!
    Jackareme
  • Have a read of the Daily Mail report linked in paper talk - then totally believe the exact opposite. I have never seen such a total cluster phuq of a report. The reporter could no way have been at Pride Park today.
  • A point at Derby who will be there or there abouts?   I'll take it, esp. as we're trying to gel all these new players.  Sounds like we have a keeper finally.

Don't fret about our neighbours.  6 players in the starting XI over 6 foot tall.  Who wants to watch that kind of football every week, even it it is effective?  Stone age.
    Derby will be lucky to finish top half in my opinion. Overachieved in making the playoffs last season and have far less creativity and firepower now. Kieran Dowell a good player but they're missing regular goals. Marriot if he can stay fit might get 15 or so. Beyond that...
  • as for Cardiff, lucky 34% possession

as for us that ref is the worst I have seen in a long time, he shaped the last 1/4 of the game. 2 clear corners in the game given as goal kicks to them then

midway through second half he is giving free kicks left right and center to them for nothing challenges by us. At the same time they are doing tougher challenges on our players and we get nothing. I lost count of the number of times one or two of our players were on the deck and fouls hould have been given but nothing.

He emboldened them to hit our players hard and that is why we struggled to keep hold of the ball in the last 20 mins.

That's his first ever game in the Championship and he needs to be sent on a 9 month vacation.

And dont even get me started on the ridiculous penalty decision he made
    JackaremeMarkG
  • Couldn't agree more about the ref @Martyn - he was willing to play until they scored the winner as well..BUT when play broke down and we were starting a counter attack he immediately blew. There was 7 minutes of extra time (from where lord only knows) and we were into the 10th minute when he finally gave up on a Derby win!!
  • linked on this site under paper talk mate
  • @Jackareme maybe I missed it but I dont recall seeing Woodman make a "fantastic double stop"
    Stevieboyo
  • Martyn said:
    as for Cardiff, lucky 34% possession

as for us that ref is the worst I have seen in a long time, he shaped the last 1/4 of the game. 2 clear corners in the game given as goal kicks to them then

midway through second half he is giving free kicks left right and center to them for nothing challenges by us. At the same time they are doing tougher challenges on our players and we get nothing. I lost count of the number of times one or two of our players were on the deck and fouls hould have been given but nothing.

He emboldened them to hit our players hard and that is why we struggled to keep hold of the ball in the last 20 mins.

That's his first ever game in the Championship and he needs to be sent on a 9 month vacation.

And dont even get me started on the ridiculous penalty decision he made
    The Aussie refereed his First Championship match in the final game of last season at Blackburn v Swans.
  • In the second half mate - low to his right and then jumped back up to beat one down with his arms and chest.
  • It was a relief to hear the final whistle in the end. The way it sounded on Radio Wales we were heading for a loss. Can anyone shed light on the performances of:

a) Baston

b) Celina

The commentator described one as poor and the other as having a mare.
    Any comments on the other players would also be welcome.

•  here is my take @SeaJack
    Borja was excellent - held the ball up and used it well, was also combative and got in the faces of the Derby centre backs, Made one sharp chance for himself at the end of the first half and made their keeper produce a sharp save. I was surprised to see him subbed.
    Bersant oozes class - and can be frustrating. Today was one of those days, we got him in possession in some really good areas and he failed to create either a good shot (two terrible blasts into the top of the stand) or a clear assist (final ball was not there, or wrong option taken). I was surprised to see him not subbed 

• edited August 10
    SeaJack said:
    It was a relief to hear the final whistle in the end. The way it sounded on Radio Wales we were heading for a loss. Can anyone shed light on the performances of:

a) Baston

b) Celina

Thought Baston had a good game. Battled hard and never gave the ball away. Had zero decent service.

Celina did have a bit of a mare. Very poor decision making and execution. No physical presence. Would have hooked him  before Boija or Nath for Byers.
  • We need Carrol and Routs back pronto. Lack of depth in midfield.
    Jackaremejasper_TDenmarkJackSteve
  • edited August 10
    SC is clearly still finding the right blend. It didnt really function today and were well below our normal standard. Lots of battling performances but missing a lot of quality especially in the final third.

Our passing was well off today, but we battled for an away draw, so we’ll take thatmand move on.

It will be interesting to see theteam for Tuesday, normally Id suggest many changes, but SC needs to embed the style so it becomes second nature, so I exoect a very strong team to start, with a couple of debuts and hopefully changes late in the game.

Peterson and Surridge to start.
  • Our two centre backs and Fulton (and possibly Matty) need a spell on tuesday - they are making a lot of challenges and defending hard. I also think Surridge Kalulu and Peterson should start with Routs and Byers and Dhanda getting game time.
  • Routs should have played today, if he was fit, a bit of game time on Tuesday to get him ready for Saturday will be welcome.

By the way, the new Keeper looks very good.
  • SeaJack said:
    It was a relief to hear the final whistle in the end. The way it sounded on Radio Wales we were heading for a loss. Can anyone shed light on the performances of:

a) Baston

b) Celina

Baston was lively - which became more obvious when Surridge replaced him for the last half hour. Celina was much like last week, promising at times but lightweight in ideas and body strength in the challenge.

Speaking of lightweight, it is not a foul if someone uses their superior upper body weight to dispossess you. Far too many of our players ended up on their arses in these situations appealing for a foul that never came. We need to address this by offloading smartly before the tussles ensue.
  • barry said:
    SeaJack said:

a) Baston

b) Celina

Thought Baston had a good game. Battled hard and never gave the ball away. Had zero decent service.

Celina did have a bit of a mare. Very poor decision making and execution. No physical presence. Would have hooked him  before Boija or Nath for Byers.
    Said before the game that it was harsh on Byers to be dropped. Celina was poor last week and worse this one, in his favoured position. Plays like a very convincing imitation of a top class footballer, he's got all the moves, feints and stepovers but too many poor decisions and cock ups putting shots into row z and giving the ball away on the halfway line trying to nutmeg a bloke with his legs closed...

We almost seemed happy trying to sit in for the draw, Cooper giving new players minutes rather than making changes to win the game. Dyer and Borja were playing well.
  • from his post match interview, he didnt seem very happy with the draw.
  • from his post match interview, he didnt seem very happy with the draw.
    Too right, to.
  • Good on Cooper !
    He is already thinking of top 3 and why not !
    i suspect we have beaten and matched the most likely top 6 teams in this league !
    roll on !
  • It's early doors for Coops and the team.

Getting a point away from home early is good news. I'd have taken it before the game as the minimum.

it's a slightly new way of playing, with a number of new faces in the squad. Today we had a new starter, and another 3 that had played once with this group. 

Plus off the bench, new and newish players for the others to get used to playing with.
    Jackareme
  • We broke well in the first half and if we took more care with the final ball, could have been 2-0 up at half time.

Lots more to come from this team. I'm pleased so far. This squad can only get better.

Rodon was superb today. My motm. 
  • https://www.swanseacity.com/news/steve-cooper-reveals-freddies-penalty-homework

A really good interview, I like his honesty and there is an undercurrent of annoyance, quite justified. As he says, the style isnt embedded yet, he hasnt had enough time, but clearly determined, thoughtful and both wants and expects to win these matches.