Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans v Northampton Town - Carabao Cup 2019/20

Comments

• edited August 2019
    What a comeback, great result. That Garrick sounded very good, another one for the future. Good to hear Andre Ayew back into form.

Cooper did well with his substitutions and he changed the game. I wonder if we will end up keeping Ayew and having an amazing chance of Premier promotion (if he says in form)?

This game was good for getting all the players up to speed and resting those who have played a lot, everything is going on target at the moment.
    Cadleigh
  • edited August 2019
    moorlands said:
    Cadleigh said:
    Cadleigh said:
    3-1!!! My God, this has been the best commentary I have ever heard. People will be asking their grandparents in 50 years time if they were listening  that night. Better than being there. Jesus, I would have paid £100 for this experience and still counted it a bargain.
    you'd pay £100? You dont get out much, do you?
    Lol, just having a laugh. BigOak, GaryTheNoTrashCougar, MJL, you boycotters took a hell of a beating!!! Those of us who paid a fiver to listen legitimately got a half decent commentary from Ian Walsh et al with only the odd irritating diversion to Newport or Wrexham.
    If Ian Walsh was doing the commentary on the Official Site,that was also the Radio Wales commentary that I had on DAB.
    Yes. If you pay for the commentary on the Official Site that is actually all you get - a live stream of Radio Wales commentary with all the switching to other Wales games that comes with it. It's a bit rubbish really but as others have demonstrated on here tonight, it is actually quite difficult to get Radio Wales anywhere outside of the Swansea area any other way. Really what we need is for one of our overseas fellow posters to watch the game live and carelessly leave their iPhone focussed on on their screen during the match...
    rob_hJackareme
  • Cadleigh said:
    moorlands said:
    Cadleigh said:
    Cadleigh said:
    3-1!!! My God, this has been the best commentary I have ever heard. People will be asking their grandparents in 50 years time if they were listening  that night. Better than being there. Jesus, I would have paid £100 for this experience and still counted it a bargain.
    you'd pay £100? You dont get out much, do you?
    Lol, just having a laugh. BigOak, GaryTheNoTrashCougar, MJL, you boycotters took a hell of a beating!!! Those of us who paid a fiver to listen legitimately got a half decent commentary from Ian Walsh et al with only the odd irritating diversion to Newport or Wrexham.
    If Ian Walsh was doing the commentary on the Official Site,that was also the Radio Wales commentary that I had on DAB.
    Yes. If you pay for the commentary on the Official Site that is actually all you get - a live stream of Radio Wales commentary with all the switching to other Wales games that comes with it. It's a bit rubbish really but as others have demonstrated on here tonight, it is actually quite difficult to get Radio Wales anywhere outside of the Swansea area any other way. Really what we need is for one of our overseas fellow posters to watch the game live and carelessly leave their iPhone focussed on on their screen during the match...
    If someone had got their periscope out tonight we could have seen how they handled the cobblers.

Whatever happened to periscope?
  • Home tie to Cambridge in the next round.

I'll take that, thanks very much.
    Cadleighrob_h
  • edited August 2019
    Newport v West Ham
    Swansea v Cambridge
    Cardiff v Luton

Just announced
  • Ayew scoring could well cement his move to France !
    Cannot see him not going - but if not 
    we are stuck with him , financially an embarrassing member ! However inverse Sod’s law he gets us promoted !
    such is Swansea city ! 
  • will Andre Ayew now accept what Guidolin told him? He is a striker, not a winger.
  • ...and we are still unbeaten even if we used our monopoly card today.

My nerves would much prefer it if we won and scored first, instead of giving teams a head start.
  • ...and we are still unbeaten even if we used our monopoly card today.

My nerves would much prefer it if we won and scored first, instead of giving teams a head start.

We seem to be better at coming back after a goal down this season.
  • rob_h said:
    Smart finish. Ball was a bit behind him.
    rob_h
  • Have to say, went to see the U23’s about 2 yrs ago, and when my mates asked me the next day, did anyone stand out?
    I said the two that did, we’re Daniel James And Jordan Garrick. 
    Sat next to a guy, in one of the games, who was a regular at the U23’s,  and said trouble with Garrick, is that he was injury prone. 
    This could Probably be down to his age, and still developing body wise. 
    But the lad has talent, and that unique attribute that all good players have...seems to have time on the ball. 
    I wonder if we have another “DJ” on our hands, given the opportunity?
    JackaremePompeyJack
  • It’s also good we are scoring from set pieces, we struggled last year
  • edited August 2019
    That team selection showed that Cooper wasn’t bothered about the cup and that he’s concentrating on the league. Well I may as well do the same, I won’t be at the next cup match.
    First half we were dreadful. No cohesion, no pattern of play.
    Ayew made a difference with 2 typical Ayew goals. Byers outstanding, the only real stand out player for me but we suffered because he was the only “proper” midfielder in the team. Declan John was lively. I thought Wilmot looked good and very confident, impressed with him. And Cabanga decent enough, steady, assured. Garrick looks a handful and quick too. 
    Their 17 McWilliams defensive midfielder was excellent- one to watch
  • Interesting interview with SC after the match, some fair points made especially about going behind seemed to motivate us,

An odd comment at the end of the interview about picking the right players
  • It’s incredible how many times AA scores with headers,in the six yard box, considering his lack of height. 
  • Declan John MOM, AA and Jordan Garrick superb when they came on. Special mention for Ben Cabango who I thought was the more assured of the 2 CD throughout. Lots of positives
    barry
  • That team selection showed that Cooper wasn’t bothered about the cup and that he’s concentrating on the league. Well I may as well do the same, I won’t be at the next cup match.
    Ayew made a difference with 2 typical Ayew goals. Byers outstanding, the only real stand out player for me but we suffered because he was the only “proper” midfielder in the team. Declan John was lively. I thought Wilmot looked good and very confident, impressed with him. And Cabanga decent enough, steady, assured. Garrick looks a handful and quick too. 
    you may think he was not bothered. but how else is he going to find out about players unless he tries them in competitive games.

Plus the same 11 cant play every game.
    Jackareme
  • Declan John and Cabango were excellent going forward. Declan taking men on, and Cabango always looking for a positive forward pass. Agree MOM was Declan. Routledge has amazing stamina, kept running till the end. Surridge and Peterson both disappointingly pushed off the ball too often; both need to build upper body strength to compete physically.
    Jackareme
  • Stats from Swansea City v Northampton.

• Well that was a massive gamble, but one that payed off, eventually. The commentary said it all about how poor the game was overall so I was disappointed that SC had seemingly not taken the game seriously at all. Thank heavens for the substitutions as this was heading for an embarrassing loss and exit out of the cup. What this does throw up for the weekend now is an interesting choice of options as to who will be competing for places, both in the starting eleven and on the bench. Judging by the BBC Radio Wales commentary the most obvious choices for me are Ayew and Garrick. Are there any others that can be added to the list based on what people saw/heard?
  • That team selection showed that Cooper wasn’t bothered about the cup and that he’s concentrating on the league. Well I may as well do the same, I won’t be at the next cup match.
    you may think he was not bothered. but how else is he going to find out about players unless he tries them in competitive games.

Plus the same 11 cant play every game.
    I agree and this is what I said in an earlier post a couple of days ago:

I'm hoping for a combination of mostly first teamers and a few bench/squad players - thereby allowing us to keep our normal shape, give us a decent chance of progressing but also to give some of the new boys a run out from the start - Wilmot, Surridge & Peterson I would hope.

But he chose to change more or less the whole team and take the risk because it wasn't a league game. Everybody can now easily say that risk paid off but up until 80 mins it looked very much like it wasn't going to. 

• It was a massive gamble SeaJack, I think SC took too much of a risk there, I hope he takes it a bit more seriously next time, a cup run would be good for us.

It did pay off though and he achieved the objective of getting fringe players game time. I thought that Ayew may have got us out of trouble and he managed to do it, this was my prediction 'I'm surprised Cooper hasn't got more firepower regular reinforcements as subs, he must have a lot of trust in his team. If Ayew has any fight in him he could make some headlines if he does well coming off the bench.'
    SeaJack