Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans v Preston North End - Championship 2019/20

Comments

• edited August 17
    Surridge on for Borja. Not sure why.
  • edited August 17
    3-2 FT Tense finish. PNE put a free header from 6 yards into Woodman's arsm with the last move of the game.

Great game in the end.

MOTM Borja. 2 great finishes. VDH not far behind. Ayew didn't put a foot wrong.
  • Great result, we were much better second half. We need to sort out these poor first half performances and we will be OK. 

Kalulu looks a bit lost, he's not used to how we play yet it seems. Pity he missed out the full pre-season.

• We r 4th in the table boys. 
  • OnceaJack said:
    We r 4th in the table boys. 
    Joint top. STIF
    rob_h

• OnceaJack said:
    OnceaJack said:
    We r 4th in the table boys. 
    Joint top. STIF
    STID. typo. FFS 
  • Let there be no more doubting of the importance of George Byers tia.
    huwrichards57
  • I would really like to see Naughton, VDH, Dyer, Routledge and Ayew all start together to see how well we play with the old players (who have all played in the Premiership). Also Byers deserves to be a starter.
  • On live showing I thought the pen harsh - on replay, definite pen - crazy challenge.
  • rob_h said:
    Great result, we were much better second half. We need to sort out these poor first half performances and we will be OK. 

Kalulu looks a bit lost, he's not used to how we play yet it seems. Pity he missed out the full pre-season.

Think we are so used to non-contact in training, the physicality of the opposition comes as a complete surprise. Looks like it takes us 30+ minutes to adjust.
    rob_hjasper_T
  • Great win because frankly we were, for the most part, terrible and Preston were a very good side. Winning is a habit and I expect (hope) that we will have learnt a ton from that game.. 
    The next team to get right in our face are arriving on wednesday.. lets hope we cope better with the pressing.
    Pablo
  • We won, thats the good news but we Cant keep giving teams a head start and letting them have so many shots on goal.

Playing reasonably well for one half wont keep getting us out of jail. Also we have an issue on how we get the new players integrated, because they arent at the moment. We have to give them match time, but they have to offer more.

Borja was excellent and Byers when he came on.

Getting worried about what happens when Borja and Ayew go, which is concerning as they could be gone in 2 weeks.
  • We won, thats the good news but we Cant keep giving teams a head start and letting them have so many shots on goal.

Playing reasonably well for one half wont keep getting us out of jail. Also we have an issue on how we get the new players integrated, because they arent at the moment. We have to give them match time, but they have to offer more.

Borja was excellent and Byers when he came on.

Getting worried about what happens when Borja and Ayew go, which is concerning as they could be gone in 2 weeks.
    Let's hope we can keep them and really push for a return to the Premier League.

I know it's early but a Leeds Swsnsea 1-2 (don't care which way round) would be great for me  :D
  • Makes you wonder, why Baston wasn’t given a decent chance, first time around. 
  • J4cka said:
    Makes you wonder, why Baston wasn’t given a decent chance, first time around. 
    nobody gave a toss about him manager or fan when we were in the PL . Borja regularly turns up on lists here of money wasted on transfers...funny old game when the ones who call him a bad buy, now don't want to see him go! 
  • Pablo said:
    J4cka said:
    nobody gave a toss about him manager or fan when we were in the PL . Borja regularly turns up on lists here of money wasted on transfers...funny old game when the ones who call him a bad buy, now don't want to see him go! 
    He has proved everyone wrong now.
  • J4cka said:
    Alan Curtis took one look at him in training and said he couldn't trap a ball and that opinion seemed to stick.

He's not the most elegant centre forward tbf.
  • Most were complaining because he was never given a proper run out and swiftly loaned out that’s why they were moaning about the cost which seems reasonable to me . Hope he sticks his 2 fingers up to the managers and board members who sent him out on loan and for not using him last year .
  • Sorry @Chris_Sharman I hope Leeds are no where near the play offs let along automatic promotion.
    deekay
  • Was fortunate to get a freebie today so first time I've seen us in the flesh this season.

Other than the obvious changes in personnel I see very little difference to last season to be honest with you - still defensively suspect, still have large periods of the game where we get sloppy and fail to hold on to the ball, but we appear to have enough firepower to cover a multitude of sins (though not counting my chickens until Sep 3rd on that score).

The first half was unbelievably poor, as bad as last season's home nadir of Wigan first half. But Preston didn't kill us off, more fool them.

Second half different team, though we seemed to go out of our way to sit back and hold out towards the end.

On today's evidence, I'd say mid-table is once again the most likely. But a late window swoop for Baston and Ayew could make things more uncomfortable than we would like.
  • SVJack said:
    Sorry @Chris_Sharman I hope Leeds are no where near the play offs let along automatic promotion.
    @SVJack That's perfectly reasonably, I am of course biased as I am Leeds born and bred and could see Elland Road from the end of the street where I spent my childhood.

By the way I think Leeds will runaway with the championship this season with West Brom also doing well and fingers crossed Swansea
    SVJack
  • Thought Baston was outstanding today. Not just his goals but his tracking back and tackling were outstanding fairplay 
    Jackareme
  • To me that game was a bit of a reality check despite the win. No more games like that please or it will completely burst the bubble of a dream return to the Premier League. I hope Kalulu doesn’t go the way of Asoro because the commentary highlighted his shortcomings in this particular game anyway.
  • Ayew/Baston can perform in this league at a canter !
    Cannot see them being here beyond the Euro window !
    In which case draws and losses abound - with them top 6 without them bottom 6 !
  • The ideal is that one of them is sold and the other stays until at least January - helps with the finances while we develop Peterson Surridge Kalulu etc as back ups and continue to compete with the better teams.
    Keeping both is probably unrealistic.
    Of the two I like Borja for his attitude and clinical finishing - his wo finishes today were real quality and he worked his arse off for the team. Ayew also worked his arse off and is a nice player - but less clinical - we have other "nice" players..
  • Oh he is also the highest earner of the two.
  • Surely we can afford to keep both till Jan.

If we look to have little chance of going up then sell them.
  • Jeremy said:
    Ayew/Baston can perform in this league at a canter !
    Cannot see them being here beyond the Euro window !
    In which case draws and losses abound - with them top 6 without them bottom 6 !
    Not sure what game you watched where Borja was playing at a canter. Put a real shift in.
    Jackareme
  • It’s probably cheaper to keep them both than forking out a few mill on a striker in Jan on a say  three year contract plus wages on top if it means getting close to the play offs as they are our players 
    SeaJack