Football betting site Betway

A Couple of targets already achieved

Last season despite playing well we were inconsistent in terms of results. With all the pleasure of the win at Leeds, it also marked a couple of important milestone improvements from last season, which went a little under the radar.

With the result at Leeds we managed 4 wins on the bounce and are unbeaten for 6 matches. Both of these are better than we managed for the whole of last season with our best being 3 wins in a row and 5 matches unbeaten. It may not sound like much but stringing together these types of runs are essential for any team to challenge for promotion.

Long May it....and the run.....continue.

COYS
barry

Comments

• Biggest improvement I can see is the total stiffening of our set piece defending - no longer the soft touch! Not sure how the stats show this - but I don't think we have conceded yet and the Leeds header against the bar is the only whiff of danger I can recall - great coaching with largely the same actors.
    barryPablo
  • One huge factor in the tremendous start the team have had is consistent team selection.

In Potter's opening game last season he added 3 players to the starting eleven but after six matches just five players who started in the opening match were ever present through to the sixth game.
    There is no doubt Cooper inherited a far settled side and from his opening game there were four debutants(if you include Baston) but the significant change which makes quite a difference is that from the six matches, nine have played in every match.

PabloJackareme
  • For me it’s more than just settled selection, as even later in the season, we couldn’t manage to extend our winning//unbeaten run. There is a lot of coaching of specifics we have clearly improved but also a strong team and individual mental attitude to winning and expecting to win.

I hope the coaching team can keep the attitude and results going.
  • A big factor is this team hit the ground running , building on how we finished the season ,
    As many of us said , this team after many of them played a full season  gained confidence  and experience 

The weakness  of the goalkeeper's  was addressed  immediately  with Freddie coming in ,
    Borja starting the season and Ayew playing now has given the top end of the pitch  more firepower  , 
    Potter only had Ollie and C B R  

This squad is a lot better than last season , giving the manager options  off the bench to change games ,
    Games against  Q P R , Birmingham  and Leeds were won by subs coming on ,

There is more resilience  with this team and a winning mentality  shining  through from Cooper and his coaches ,
  • Jackareme said:
    Biggest improvement I can see is the total stiffening of our set piece defending - no longer the soft touch! Not sure how the stats show this - but I don't think we have conceded yet and the Leeds header against the bar is the only whiff of danger I can recall - great coaching with largely the same actors.
    QPR had a couple of wide open chances when they abused our man-marking system. Hugill I think span off the pack leaving Roberts behind and got a shot away in five yards of space. 
  • jasper_T said:
    Jackareme said:
    Biggest improvement I can see is the total stiffening of our set piece defending - no longer the soft touch! Not sure how the stats show this - but I don't think we have conceded yet and the Leeds header against the bar is the only whiff of danger I can recall - great coaching with largely the same actors.
    QPR had a couple of wide open chances when they abused our man-marking system. Hugill I think span off the pack leaving Roberts behind and got a shot away in five yards of space. 
    Yes Jasper - you are correct.. On the whole though the transformation has been remarkable