Football betting site Betway

Comments

• Which means that 1 in 5 clubs in the Championship have been managed by a man who only became a manager 5 years ago.
  • No doubt James Beattie will be named as his assistant. 
  • How does he keep getting these jobs?

I know he does OK (just OK pretty not good not bad) results wise but the football is dross and he last's about 12 months before everything falls apart (one way or another)
  • Pep won't leave Blues, he and Monk have fallen out spectacularly.

Wednesday will become Monk's fifth club after starting out as player-manager at Swansea in 2014.

Since then he has spent time at Leeds, Middlesbrough and Blues - whom he steered to safety last season despite having to overcome a nine-point deduction for the club's breaches of the Profitability & Sustainabilty regulations.

• Forgotten the agent’s name, but I wonder if his cosy relationship with Monk still exists after the Brum chairman criticised his reliance on the agent when signing players.
  • Forgotten the agent’s name, but I wonder if his cosy relationship with Monk still exists after the Brum chairman criticised his reliance on the agent when signing players.
    James Featherstone and he's the type of agent that gives them a bad name
  • Gary monk the new Sam alladyce, Tony pullis,all rolled into one!
  • Jacktar said:
    Pep won't leave Blues, he and Monk have fallen out spectacularly.

Wednesday will become Monk's fifth club after starting out as player-manager at Swansea in 2014.

Since then he has spent time at Leeds, Middlesbrough and Blues - whom he steered to safety last season despite having to overcome a nine-point deduction for the club's breaches of the Profitability & Sustainabilty regulations.

I am not sure I would use the phrase "steered to safety" he did an average job with an average team 

Yes they had a 9 point deduction but in real terms that's 3 wins and the teams relegated last season only achieved 40, 32 & 31 points which is pretty low. Add the 9 points back on and they achieved 61 points which is average at best.

•  Chris your being really unfair I’m not a Gary monk fan as a manager,but brum were on their arse when he took over I think you’ll find the blues fans hold Gary in great esteem.with regards the job he did there.fair play to him he’s making a name for himself with some big clubs.swansea Leeds boro brum and now sheff wed.didnt anybody know his real name is Gary monk wrothchild!
  • What I've never been able to understand with Monk is why,after playing our style of football over so many years as a player, he suddenly became a long ball manager. I know he became a bit obsessed with the plan B option but then his entire playing style became plan B.
  • Gardo I think he was more kenny jackett than roberto Brendan or laudrup.nothing wrong with that,that’s maybe why he’s found his level.
  • The reason he keeps getting these gigs is because he's a brilliant conman.

He spins them a yarn at interview about passing football, gets the job, then tells the fans the same thing. 

The fans immediately give him 6 months grace, even when the football is crap, because they figure he's not had time to bring in the players he needs to implement the 'style'.

It's only when he starts bringing in his own players the reality dawns he's a long ball dinosaur and by then he's quids in and doesn't care if he's sacked.

I don't like the bloke or his philosophy but he's clever, I'll give him that. Stealing a living
  • Gary I think you’re being a bit unfair I don’t think monk has ever bullshitted his fans.i think any football fan with an open mind and a brain can see what monk is all about.maybe the MSM due to his Swansea connections have built him up to be something we all know he’s not. Like I said he’s more kenny jacket than Michael laudrop.
  • Brownie said:
    Gary I think you’re being a bit unfair I don’t think monk has ever bullshitted his fans.i think any football fan with an open mind and a brain can see what monk is all about.maybe the MSM due to his Swansea connections have built him up to be something we all know he’s not. Like I said he’s more kenny jacket than Michael laudrop.
    @Brownie maybe I was a tad unfair and I'm sure the situation at Birmingham was difficult!!
    I too am not a big fan of his as a manager (saw most of his games at Elland Road when he was at Leeds) and for me whilst he is clearly a decent manager his one major failing is being stubborn (I think it's arrogance with him) and not changing things when they are clearly not working (or other managers have adjusted to counteract him).

BTW I wasn't as unfair as @garythenotrashcougar !!