Football betting site Betway

Sir Trevor The Messiah Birch

I think everyone is in agreement, that he is the new Messiah. 
Everything he has touched so far, has turned to Gold. 
He has proven what a “proper”chairman, with a sound understanding of football and finances, can achieve in a fairly short time. 
Only trouble is, how long is his tenure of Swansea City FC going to last?
His past history hasn’t seen him stay at a club for any length of time, and was mostly employed in a firefighting capacity. 
He’s obviously well suited for the roll of Chairman, and has made good proactive and reactive decisions, since he joined us. 
Lets all hope, he decides to put some roots down, and joins the YJB roll call. 
jasper_TLlanjack

Comments

• I think the difference with his appointment at Swansea is that he is Chairman whereas previously his roles have been CEO or advisor and this I believe will work in our favour (plus the fact he earns shares via his longevity).

• The last chairman didn't do so bad either J4cka, think on, we are reaping the rewards of his vision with the academy plus training facilities that are second to none, he also guided the good ship Swansea all the way to the Premier League and kept us there for 7 seasons.
    DarrenLlanjack
  • Jacktar said:
    The last chairman didn't do so bad either J4cka, think on, we are reaping the rewards of his vision with the academy plus training facilities that are second to none, he also guided the good ship Swansea all the way to the Premier League and kept us there for 7 seasons.
    we all realise that Jacktar but try to remember the period his head was turned to gain personal profit.
    Llanjackwhitemountains
  • I saw a man desperately trying to keep us up, and it was nip and tuck when we did go and possibly Carlos had some bearing on proceedings in those final few games, no doubt, there were some dodgy signings but had we gone down in the first season, like most predicted then you couldn’t have labelled that his head was turned for personal gain
    Llanjack
  • Yes jacktar the last chairman didn’t do to bad you are right.the problem was when he thought he’d grown out of being a dam good chairman and tried to play with the big boys as a self appointed dof.there was only one way that was going to end.
    Llanjack
  • Jac said:
    I saw a man desperately trying to keep us up, and it was nip and tuck when we did go and possibly Carlos had some bearing on proceedings in those final few games, no doubt, there were some dodgy signings but had we gone down in the first season, like most predicted then you couldn’t have labelled that his head was turned for personal gain
    I saw a man desperately out of his depth and trying to correct a downward slide that began when he started reading the financial times rather than the evening post.
    SeaJackLlanjack
  • My big concern is whether the potential court case between the club and the Trust becomes messy which would make him question his position.
  • edited September 6
    Jacktar said:
    The last chairman didn't do so bad either J4cka, think on, we are reaping the rewards of his vision with the academy plus training facilities that are second to none, he also guided the good ship Swansea all the way to the Premier League and kept us there for 7 seasons.
    we all realise that Jacktar but try to remember the period his head was turned to gain personal profit.
    Did that really happen Colin? There's no proof. There  was something shady going on with the takeover, but why would a guy who worked for nothing for 5 seasons or so suddenly get all greedy? I've never been convinced. 
    Llanjack
  • The fact that it got a bit shady and grubby tells me he wasn’t acting in the best interests of the club. He was thinking of his bank balance by then and he even admitted that he had taken his eye off the ball.
    LlanjackBigG
  • Pablo said:
    Jacktar said:
    Did that really happen Colin? There's no proof. There  was something shady going on with the takeover, but why would a guy who worked for nothing for 5 seasons or so suddenly get all greedy? I've never been convinced. 
    Of course there was something shady going on, as you put it, especially when you consider the first pair of Yanks (Moores and Noell, October 2014)who were interested in buying the club saw no due diligence undertaken by the club's directors, only our Supporters Trust. 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=swansea+city+and+the+usa+investors,+noell+and+friend&form=EDGTCT&qs=PF&cvid=323bdf7e6cf94395843c83a46d882bde&refig=585d2a2420514243f303a81c5b4ffb28&cc=GB&setlang=en-US

From that period on the whole aura surrounding people who could no nothing wrong changed as fans realised that these people were prepared to sell their souls and exclude 21% shareholders(Trust) from taking part in that sale.

I dare say you would struggle to find many fans who were against the directors from selling their shares but the manner in which they did so, soon irritated  a large percentage of the club's fanbase.

The 2014/15 season saw the club reach its highest place in the PL and arguably the start of a new direction in the manner in which the team played. Fans were still wallowing in the previous season's Europa League adventures but before Monk was sacked in December 2015 the writing was on the wall, and the downturn in the club's fortunes had started.
    LlanjackMark_Jack_London
  • First off Col, it was long before Moores and Noell showed interest that the club was being touted, Moores and Noell were both multi billionaires who's motives might not have aligned to you or I but we are dyed in the wool Jacks, they were not, I, like many, done google search on them at the time and there was not skeletons in the cupboard, they were here to make money, but that goes for all owners, with the exception of Man City and probably Chelsea. I, for one think we would have been better off with M&N, Jenkins' head wasn't turned, it was a realisation that the club could no longer be run on a shoestring, 
    SeaJack
  • Jacktar said:
    and why shouldn't he want to sell if he had enough ? Please don't bring the trust argument into it . They should never be selling their shares . They should always retain a shareholding . Its what they were formed for 
    Llanjack
  • Jackareme said:
    Jac said:
    I saw a man desperately trying to keep us up, and it was nip and tuck when we did go and possibly Carlos had some bearing on proceedings in those final few games, no doubt, there were some dodgy signings but had we gone down in the first season, like most predicted then you couldn’t have labelled that his head was turned for personal gain
    I saw a man desperately out of his depth and trying to correct a downward slide that began when he started reading the financial times rather than the evening post.
    Why do you think Birch would be any different in the same position ? He is living off the academy / training facilities the previous owners spent circa £20 million on . Without what they did  we would be bust . It's called planning for the future . It has  done very well thank god because we are all delusional if we thought we would never get relegated . 
    Llanjack
  • Jacktar said:
    and why shouldn't he want to sell if he had enough ? Please don't bring the trust argument into it . They should never be selling their shares . They should always retain a shareholding . Its what they were formed for 
    absolute Tosh. They should have had the same opportunity as the other shareholders, especially as they held 21% of the total shares. Yes 21%
    Mark_Jack_LondonLlanjack
  • The landscape has changed now since the sale. The directors were supposed to be singing from the same hymn sheet and on the same wavelength as the Trust. The moment they had decided to cash their chips in was the moment they gambled with the stability of the Club. The community spirit of the Club was also decimated by the sale, and the exclusion of the Trust definitely exacerbated this. Their shareholding counts for nothing now thanks to the sale apart from what they are potentially worth at the sale price as an emergency fund. I can understand the decision of the Trust members wanting that nest egg to buy the club should the unthinkable happen.
    Mark_Jack_LondonLlanjack
  • Jackareme said:
    Jac said:
    Why do you think Birch would be any different in the same position ? He is living off the academy / training facilities the previous owners spent circa £20 million on . Without what they did  we would be bust . It's called planning for the future . It has  done very well thank god because we are all delusional if we thought we would never get relegated . 

as fans, we will be ever so grateful to the old board for establishing not only an academy but also the partnership with Swansea University for the first team training facilities at Fairwood. 
    You might think Birch is living off the academy but the same couldn't be said for the likes of Clement and Carvalhal who didn't posses the balls to use Dan James, even as a substitute in the PL. A decision made by a chairman who was in freefall.
    The club didn't spend £20M on the facilities, especially at Fairwood where it is a joint partnership with the University.
    As for the fans being delusional and believing we wouldn't be relegated from the PL, well, that was something I always warned posters on this forum years back.
    Llanjack
  • Ponty why are you spreading your bullshit! Im quite an open minded guy and have defended you in the past but you keep looking at it from the sellers point of view instead of the best interest of the clubs point of view! Mjl is convinced your a dineen I and a few muckers are convinced you are lucifer the devil himself you are none other than huw Jenkins OBE!
    Llanjack
  • Jackareme said:
    Jac said:

as fans, we will be ever so grateful to the old board for establishing not only an academy but also the partnership with Swansea University for the first team training facilities at Fairwood. 
    You might think Birch is living off the academy but the same couldn't be said for the likes of Clement and Carvalhal who didn't posses the balls to use Dan James, even as a substitute in the PL. A decision made by a chairman who was in freefall.
    The club didn't spend £20M on the facilities, especially at Fairwood where it is a joint partnership with the University.
    As for the fans being delusional and believing we wouldn't be relegated from the PL, well, that was something I always warned posters on this forum years back.
    how much did they spend  colin ? Seriously ?  we have 2 major facilities . I think we are lucky we did it for that price we did.
    Llanjack
  • Ohhh Bludy Ell Pontys back on his “ I hate the trust “ soapbox ( obe )  :D
    Llanjack
  • Jackareme said:
    Jac said:

how much did they spend  colin ? Seriously ?  we have 2 major facilities . I think we are lucky we did it for that price we did.

whitemountains,
    At Fairwood there is no doubt that the cost of the facilities was shared between the Swans and the University and whatever grants were available at the time.
    At Landore both phases of the facilities were built by Martin Morgan's company and the cost I dare say are nowhere near what you are quoting.  No doubt at Landore it could have been done cheaper if competitive tendering was in operation while at Fairwood it would have been. 

SeaJackenaitch
  • SeaJack said:
    The landscape has changed now since the sale. The directors were supposed to be singing from the same hymn sheet and on the same wavelength as the Trust. The moment they had decided to cash their chips in was the moment they gambled with the stability of the Club. The community spirit of the Club was also decimated by the sale, and the exclusion of the Trust definitely exacerbated this. Their shareholding counts for nothing now thanks to the sale apart from what they are potentially worth at the sale price as an emergency fund. I can understand the decision of the Trust members wanting that nest egg to buy the club should the unthinkable happen.
    They decided to ‘cash in’ in 2013, it took 4 more seasons to get relegated, so your point doesn’t stack up

• Jackareme said:
    Jac said:

whitemountains,
    At Fairwood there is no doubt that the cost of the facilities was shared between the Swans and the University and whatever grants were available at the time.
    At Landore both phases of the facilities were built by Martin Morgan's company and the cost I dare say are nowhere near what you are quoting.  No doubt at Landore it could have been done cheaper if competitive tendering was in operation while at Fairwood it would have been. 

There was a proper rendering process for Landore, Gwilym Joseph (rip) was project director at the time, he was a stickler for protocol. 
  • Jac said:

Jackareme said:
    Jac said:

whitemountains,

There was a proper rendering process for Landore, Gwilym Joseph (rip) was project director at the time, he was a stickler for protocol. 
    I wont speak ill of a lovely man that Gwilym was, best to end the conversation
  • I second that. Played golf with Gwilym, and did some work in his house. 
    Him and Jan, his wife, were 2 of the best, an generous people you could ever wish to meet. 
    The amount of unpaid work, and funding of visiting football chairmen to our club, when we were in the lower leagues, was all done by Gwilym. 
    Top man, and an utter gentleman 
  • Can only echo the words said about Gwilym, salt of the earth who was involved in the building of the new stand at the Vetch in 1981.